Madrid Loan Adebayor from City

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 39
  • Views 2K
This should be a win-win. Adebayor, after the first time in his career spending a long time on the bench, will be eager to prove his worth and should play well. He's the exact type of striker Real needs and similar to Drogba, so he should do well under Mourinho. And Mourinho is great with dealing with these big ego types. It could be the move that gives Madrid the title.

well if Mourinho can hadle his ego then there is no doubt that Adebayor will be a good signing for him, strong and a good finisher, Adebayor can draw comparisons with Drogba

He is a great player...just has a bit of an attitude problem, I'm sure Mourinho will be able to man-manage that out of him

A great striker...Wenger got the best of him. Mancini and Hughes didin't. Mourinho will surely do that....he likes african players :D

Last edited:
If we wouldnt pay 40 mil for an in form Dzeko, I doubt we would of paid 40 mil for Ade!
you are probably right. We all know what Silvio thinks about black ppl
obama-berlusconi-11.jpg

the odd thing is when i tried to sell adebayor on my man city save real madrid came in for him and he went there on loan, didnt play alot though

Could work out well for the big man and real if as stated mourinho can handle his attitude which i think he can! Maybe ade will hit form again

Today he was excellent against Real Sociedad. Worked hard, linked up very well and finally took his chance and scored on his la liga debut. He looked like Ade of 2007-08 season where he was extremely hard to mark and one of the best strikers in the world.

My question is, Ade at City looked as if he couldn't give **** about game anymore, but all of a sudden he looked like his former self for whom City paid 25 Million. What exactly has caused this turn around.

Today he was excellent against Real Sociedad. Worked hard, linked up very well and finally took his chance and scored on his la liga debut. He looked like Ade of 2007-08 season where he was extremely hard to mark and one of the best strikers in the world.

My question is, Ade at City looked as if he couldn't give **** about game anymore, but all of a sudden he looked like his former self for whom City paid 25 Million. What exactly has caused this turn around.

playing at a club where he is wanted and not hated by his teammates

Say what you will about Ade's mentality at City, but his scoring record was pretty good. Tonight he did look hungry and played with speed and intelligence. He deserved his goal and I can see Ade's spell at Real being rather successful if he takes his chance and makes the lone striker role his own, hopefully not falling into a similar malaise to what he experienced at City.

Say what you will about Ade's mentality at City, but his scoring record was pretty good. Tonight he did look hungry and played with speed and intelligence. He deserved his goal and I can see Ade's spell at Real being rather successful if he takes his chance and makes the lone striker role his own, hopefully not falling into a similar malaise to what he experienced at City.

If he continues like this he may even be sold permanently to Madrid as Benzema has shown little improvement as a footballer since his time in Spain but all that is a debate for another day

Adebayor can cut it an any level, I think he'd still get in the Arsenal team, whether he ever ends up back there is a different question.

When his head doesn't drop he's a force to be reckoned with.

He has scored already 2 goals in 1 start and 2 sub appearances. He played really well. Ronaldo-Kaka-Özil-Adebayor combination really working.

2 amazing goals by CR7 <3 Especially the header...so class <3 Really good game too...

I think Adebayor will make the move permanent.

He has scored already 2 goals in 1 start and 2 sub appearances. He played really well. Ronaldo-Kaka-Özil-Adebayor combination really working.

2 amazing goals by CR7 <3 Especially the header...so class <3 Really good game too...

I think Adebayor will make the move permanent.

its just the beginning we have to wait and see before judging....

btw Ronaldo is on fire, think he has been scoring in just about every game

Ronaldo is not really on fire, he had not scored in his past 4 games which is the worst run of games since him joining RM (4 games without a goal is hardly a crisis, it just proves what a machine this man is for RM in the past 2 seasons).

I could watch second half yesterday and I think that he played quite well.
Two goals in two appearances, good starting at Madrid. The first one was good - poor defending, but good goal anyway.

Sorry haven't checked this for a while ...
Adebayor has done well so far but isn't the archetypal Real Madrid player so whether they do buy him in the summer or not is a massive question. As they will no doubt once more be flush with cash and have more glamorous options available, it's good if the Robinho story is true, Man City amongst others have started a trend of giving average players world class wages and this ultimately will mean more modest teams, midtable / europa league hopefuls, dont have a chance.