Magpies set to sign striker Kuqi

He rejected our offer, probably wants a lot of money and a long contract. Not pennies for 4 months. However we are meant to be close to getting Sylvain Marveaux on a pre-contract.

Marveaux isnt too likely though. He was in the directors box at Anfield for a game in January and Comolli is an admirer of him + we need a winger :D

"Shefki is a good, honest pro who will give us a strong physical presence from the bench." - Pardew

Translation - "He's past it and his legs have gone. "

On his name, it isnt pronounced "kuki" or any variation of that- the "q" is pronounced "ch" so its Kuchi.

I remember when Sanchez signed Kuqi on loan from Crystal Palace who was in there reserve team at the time. A panic signing it was. Played a few games but was way too slow, it was amusing to watch him run around though. He's certainly not good enough for the PL now but Newcastle are desperate so I can kind of understand why they signed him.

Shouldn't judge him before he's even played, was great on loan for us, held the ball up well and created chances for Commons, Cwyka etc. Since he left our plans started to mess up, our fans wanted him to sign up again, but Clough apparently had a fall out with him.

I don't think he's Prem standard, but just give him a shout, works really hard for the team and is a presence in the air.

He is a good player, seems to deliver but not sure about him being a Carroll replacement.

He is a good player, seems to deliver but not sure about him being a Carroll replacement.

He isn't a Carroll replacement, just an extra body for our depleted strike force.

We could just play 4-2-3-1. We don't need a useless player just for the sake of having two strikers.

He isn't a Carroll replacement, just an extra body for our depleted strike force.

Someone mentioned Carroll replacement earlier in the thread so was just saying.

Harsh to judge him before he plays, I hope he turns into a real coup. If he could chip in with a few goals as a free agent, happy days for Newcastle.

At least he has good finishing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3QXJOdXnjY[/ame]

Nothing to get too excited about, shows Newcastle's desperation in a way. However he gives them another option, certainly not a bad signing, didn't disgrace himself with Blackburn in the premier league in the past. Will provide physical presence, personally I think Newcastle would do well to give Ranger some game time as he looks promising. Ranger and Best for now with Ameobi and Kuqi looking to come on as I don't think Lovenkrands is good enough. Despite the striking problem Newcastle will stay up anyway and have £35 million minimum to spend so the future looks good for them.

Harsh to judge him before he plays, I hope he turns into a real coup. If he could chip in with a few goals as a free agent, happy days for Newcastle.

As someone who has seen Kuqi play a lot both in person and TV, I can say without hesitation he is not a Premier League striker.

you cannot be serious. theyre going to turn in to west brom now with him. a yo yo team, up and down form prem to championship. they should have 35million from carroll. get someone decent at least

you cannot be serious. theyre going to turn in to west brom now with him. a yo yo team, up and down form prem to championship. they should have 35million from carroll. get someone decent at least

5 english pounds says we don't get relegated this year, or become a yo-yo team.

We'll narrowly avoid relegation at worst and then Pardew will continue his **** transfer policy, but relegation won't happen unless a lot of players leave in the summer.

Do you know the transfer window has ended ?

Pretty good move, I am sure he can be like the joke guy in the locker room, you know... :D