Major Injury Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter Sweeedz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 9K
Tbh, it wouldn't suprise me if you'd see half your team dying of heart attacks in the next FM :|

Rofl. Well, did you expect the SI devs to acknowledge their game is flawed? My evidence might be anecdotal, your evidence is biased to say the least.
Ofc, theoretically injuries can happen at any time, but the simple truth is irl you will hardly ever see people getting injured in the first few minutes of a match, which is completely logical, while in FM this happens frequently. Not to speak about teams having to substitute 3 players due to serious injuries, or even losing 4 (!!) players in 1 match. This just hardly ever happens in RL. In fm it's a common thing.

Don't get me started about the types of injuries, those are just as retarded as the rate of injuries. Hip injuries, hernia's, double hernia's? I have never heard of any player getting such an injury. In fm 1 of your players get'***** by that **** every other week. Fractured skulls, damaged spines, dislocated jaws, do i have to go on. What kind of sick joke is this. If this happens to any player IRL it would be world news, in FM you are privileged to see such types of injuries left and right.

Edit: and what i am saying is not misleading, it just doesn't correspond with SI propaganda. :)

Dear me!

If you have never heard of anyone getting a hernia injury then you must have been living in a cave somewhere! lol. Plenty of footballers get them and Steven Sidwell is out at the moment with one and Keiran Richardson and Seb Larsson are both out for the rest of the season due to hernia operations according to the injury report on betinf.com. And just to prove the point -

Hernia Guide - Football Injuries - PhysioRoom.com

- PhysioRoom.com

Football : England : Premier League injured & suspended list (with statistics)

As for injuries early on in the game that never happens, Adam Drury went off early today against Liverpool, Cahill against Barca and Pique not long after in the same game if I remember rightly.

I could go on about other players who have other injuries that you say never happens or I could say that in fm they dont include some injuries like Fletchers bowel condition at Man Utd, severed toes due to dropping ketchup bottles on them, players retiring early through injury etc

It is what it is and I for one dont mind injuries as it means I can play some good youngster usually for a while if one of my 1st team gets injured.

Tbh, it wouldn't suprise me if you'd see half your team dying of heart attacks in the next FM :|

I think in light of the incident with Fabrice Muamba that is an awful thing to say. I will give you the benefit of the doubt though but I think you have taken things way to far.

Last edited:
Dear me!

If you have never heard of anyone getting a hernia injury then you must have been living in a cave somewhere! lol. Plenty of footballers get them and Steven Sidwell is out at the moment with one and Keiran Richardson and Seb Larsson are both out for the rest of the season due to hernia operations according to the injury report on betinf.com. And just to prove the point -

Hernia Guide - Football Injuries - PhysioRoom.com

- PhysioRoom.com

Football : England : Premier League injured & suspended list (with statistics)

As for injuries early on in the game that never happens, Adam Drury went off early today against Liverpool, Cahill against Barca and Pique not long after in the same game if I remember rightly.

I could go on about other players who have other injuries that you say never happens or I could say that in fm they dont include some injuries like Fletchers bowel condition at Man Utd, severed toes due to dropping ketchup bottles on them, players retiring early through injury etc

It is what it is and I for one dont mind injuries as it means I can play some good youngster usually for a while if one of my 1st team gets injured.

I don't doubt the existence of those injuries, i doubt the rate at which they happen. The same goes for people getting injured in the very first minutes of a match.

I think in light of the incident with Fabrice Muamba that is an awful thing to say. I will give you the benefit of the doubt though but I think you have taken things way to far.

It was an awful incident, i agree, but it happened, there is no denying to that. And with my perception of the way SI overrepresents certain types of injuries, it is not an unrealistic expectation, sadly.

I personally think the injuries are fine. But the complete bullshit kicks in at international games and halfway through the season (January Transfers). Apart from those I find the rest of the season quite OK.

It's annoying to have early injuries, but I've seen plenty of early ones in RL. Now like what Mike said, the ratio of the causation of the injury is off. So that 2nd minute hamstring strain on a guy with 98% condition could very well of been a broken toe or a hyper-extended knee. **** happens, it's a physical sport. I get ****** when I go through all my subs and some ******* cuts his leg and has to go off. It's happened to my GK before, lost that game 4-2 and they scored 3 times in 10 minutes. *Load Game*

OK so my theory is that injuries are generally ok unless you are overachieving. It's a way of the game tempering your progress if your club's success is too fast (therefore considered unrealistic.)

I have taken Bath City from BSP to Championship in 5 seasons. First season in the championship and I easily have a squad good enough to compete near the top of the table (odds of 25-1 to win the league pre season-newly promoted). However, all season I have had roughly 5 injuries to main players. They are generally out for about 2 months a time and as soon as I get bunch them back BAM! another few players get injured to replace them. Some really key players have been put out for 6 months.

The only other time I have had it this bad was when I was overachieving with York City on aother saved game. However, once I'd become established in the prem it stopped and went back to an acceptable level. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show me those soak tests then instead of pretending you have proof without revealing any. You may imply i dont know what im talking about, but what makes you think you do?
Regardless of your so called "soak tests" you cant tell me the amount of broken legs, wrists, ankles, arms, toes, feet, cheeks, jaws, skulls and what not, correspond in any way to reality. In fm it isn't uncommon an ai team is forced to substitute 3 players in 1 match because of injuries. Or 2 people getting injured in the first 10 minutes of a match. I mean wtf, that's just bullshit. Try to justify that with your soak tests.

This week i started a save with Feyenoord and in the first season I had 2 people of my first team breaking their leg. Well, i think irl no Feyenoord player has broken his leg for at least 10 years. -.-

Really? Just because a team hasn't had a player break his leg in 10 years means that two in one year is out of the question? What ridiculous sentiment is this?

Rofl. Well, did you expect the SI devs to acknowledge their game is flawed? My evidence might be anecdotal, your evidence is biased to say the least.
Ofc, theoretically injuries can happen at any time, but the simple truth is irl you will hardly ever see people getting injured in the first few minutes of a match, which is completely logical, while in FM this happens frequently. Not to speak about teams having to substitute 3 players due to serious injuries, or even losing 4 (!!) players in 1 match. This just hardly ever happens in RL. In fm it's a common thing.

Don't get me started about the types of injuries, those are just as retarded as the rate of injuries. Hip injuries, hernia's, double hernia's? I have never heard of any player getting such an injury. In fm 1 of your players get'***** by that **** every other week. Fractured skulls, damaged spines, dislocated jaws, do i have to go on. What kind of sick joke is this. If this happens to any player IRL it would be world news, in FM you are privileged to see such types of injuries left and right.

Edit: and what i am saying is not misleading, it just doesn't correspond with SI propaganda. :)

BREAKING NEWS: A player has a cold. Happens all the time, amiright?

Who even is this kid?

OK so my theory is that injuries are generally ok unless you are overachieving. It's a way of the game tempering your progress if your club's success is too fast (therefore considered unrealistic.)

I have taken Bath City from BSP to Championship in 5 seasons. First season in the championship and I easily have a squad good enough to compete near the top of the table (odds of 25-1 to win the league pre season-newly promoted). However, all season I have had roughly 5 injuries to main players. They are generally out for about 2 months a time and as soon as I get bunch them back BAM! another few players get injured to replace them. Some really key players have been put out for 6 months.

The only other time I have had it this bad was when I was overachieving with York City on aother saved game. However, once I'd become established in the prem it stopped and went back to an acceptable level. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree. I have been relatively injury free in my two years at Sochaux and in those years I've won the Europa League twice and the French league.

It more depends on the style of play, training, morale, and even just comes down to randomness sometimes.

It's something people have to deal with, just some deal better than others. It's why good cover is valuable.

Really? Just because a team hasn't had a player break his leg in 10 years means that two in one year is out of the question? What ridiculous sentiment is this?

How else would you judge whether the game is realistic than by comparing it with REALITY. Too hard to grasp for you?

BREAKING NEWS: A player has a cold. Happens all the time, amiright?

Who even is this kid?

Your point is?

If you have nothing meaningful to add, dont try to join the discussion you ******* ******.

How else would you judge whether the game is realistic than by comparing it with REALITY. Too hard to grasp for you?

Your point is?

If you have nothing meaningful to add, dont try to join the discussion you ******* ******.

So, if this year, they have two leg breaks, you'd be completely and utterly surprised? My point is that it might not be likely, but it can happen.

It's like saying: "I have never been stung by a bee", you might not have, but there is still a chance of it happening.

And my other point is that you went on about a player having the flu, which is a regular complaint of players and also a common reason for a player missing a game or two. Like in real life, some people have to have the day or two off work for a cold, it's not ridiculously uncommon it has to be flagged. Anyway, I may have made that up, but then again your tom-foolery would send most insane.

Yes, the injuries aren't particularly related, but they are to be fixing it. The whole point was to put an injury related to the incident time-wise. The rate of injury can also be at anytime. I saw a game where two players had to be replaced in the first half, it's not completely unusual.

Anyway, this is the reason for good back-up. It's also the reason for good managerial skills.

And, after all this, I am homosexual for it? Oh dear, the insult, it pains, for the love of god I love men! How much of an out-dated insult is that? At least, if you want to make a point about my own insanity, disect it, rather than hurling a childish insult my way.

Oh add a swear word? Makes you a big boy! Seriously, do you have to be angry at everything?

The rate they happen? From the top of my head:

Owen Hargreves - Nuff said
Jack Wilshere - Misses season due to ankle
Djbril Cisse - 3 leg breaks in career
Backary Sagna - 2 leg breaks in a season (3 in recent history with Ramsey)
David Villa - Leg break

Think back this season and consider how many times Arsenal and United had to field players out of position, draft in youth to counter an injury crisis?

Currently the top 5 clubs with the most injuries:
Tottenham 10 (5 of which would be first team)
Aston Villa 8 (all probably first team)
Man U 8 (4 first team)
Arsenal 7 (5 first team)
Wolves 7 (4 first team)

This considered I've just looked at my Arsenal save, right now (after a round of internationals) I have 4 injuries (not unrealistic) Messi being the worst with strained knee ligaments.

Now consider the RARE injuries right now - Fletcher - bowl condition, Muamba - obvious, Petrov - obvious.

The only unrealistic part of the game is international injuries.

I disagree. I have been relatively injury free in my two years at Sochaux and in those years I've won the Europa League twice and the French league.

It more depends on the style of play, training, morale, and even just comes down to randomness sometimes.

It's something people have to deal with, just some deal better than others. It's why good cover is valuable.

I can see your point but don't think that Sochaux (who I believe start in Ligue 1) winning Europe is as big an overachievment (ie. as unrealistic in real life terms - i'm not poo-pooing your success!) as Bath storming quickly up from non league to the Championship and then potentially into the prem.

Just about to start my second season (came 8th) so hopefully the injuries will subside back to a 'normal' rate, whatever that is.

Last edited:
It's started where last season left off - injuries galore. I'm going to keep a record of my injuries on this post to show you that the game is ******** me. And to anticipate criticism, my set up (training, formation etc) is proven as I used exactly the same in my York City career and only had problems in one season out of 15 - in the championship before going into the prem, exactly where I am now.

My theory is that injuries are the tool which the game is using to slow down my progress in order to ensure that I don't progress unrealistically fast. I will only document injuries from the first team squad.

4 injuries pre season in 3 friendly games (2 x 2 weeks / 1 x 1 month / 1 x 3 months)
2 injuries first game ( 2 x 5-6 weeks)

Currently injured - 5 players (4 red / 1 orange)

I can see your point but don't think that Sochaux (who I believe start in Ligue 1) winning Europe is as big an overachievment (ie. as unrealistic in real life terms - i'm not poo-pooing your success!) as Bath storming quickly up from non league to the Championship and then potentially into the prem.

Just about to start my second season (came 8th) so hopefully the injuries will subside back to a 'normal' rate, whatever that is.

It's started where last season left off - injuries galore. I'm going to keep a record of my injuries on this post to show you that the game is ******** me. And to anticipate criticism, my set up (training, formation etc) is proven as I used exactly the same in my York City career and only had problems in one season out of 15 - in the championship before going into the prem, exactly where I am now.

My theory is that injuries are the tool which the game is using to slow down my progress in order to ensure that I don't progress unrealistically fast. I will only document injuries from the first team squad.

4 injuries pre season in 3 friendly games (2 x 2 weeks / 1 x 1 month / 1 x 3 months)

Good point, but still, my point is that success isn't the reason they give you injuries. It could be that you have a small squad, and the players are simply knackered, or they are young.

5-6 injuries is relatively regular. I think the most I had at one time in 2 years was 5 injured for a month, and one off at the African Cup of Nations, which might as well be injured.

No offence, but your theory is wrong, there is no injury balancing like that, there is no rubber banding in the game like that of any kind.

Good point, but still, my point is that success isn't the reason they give you injuries. It could be that you have a small squad, and the players are simply knackered, or they are young.

5-6 injuries is relatively regular. I think the most I had at one time in 2 years was 5 injured for a month, and one off at the African Cup of Nations, which might as well be injured.

Interesting, you mention youth being a factor - my squad is very young. Obviously with Bath I'm prettyt skint so generally pick up young talent on free transfers, av. age of my squad is prob about 22. Oldest player is 30 and the next oldest is 24. Reckon that's a reason why?

No offence, but your theory is wrong, there is no injury balancing like that, there is no rubber banding in the game like that of any kind.

Hi Mike,none taken but just out of interest, how are you so sure?

I am abandoning recording the injuries as they have stopped... Yay!! But last season was so consistently ridiculous that I still think there is some credibility to my theory....

There was definitely something out of the ordinary going on. Maybe, as pointed out by Beard of Zeus, it was that my squad was (but still is) so young. Maybe it was just a really unlucky year? Who knows?

All I care now is that they have stopped and my young Bath side have made an incredible start to the season and are playing some mesmeric football. Here comes the prem...

Hi Mike,none taken but just out of interest, how are you so sure?

This is brought up so many times on the main forums to the point PaulC (who helped create the game) stated that there is no rubberbanding or cheat mechanism in any form. Also there are plenty of people who run away with the game, and never suffer an injury crisis. Having said that injuries are not perfect in the game, there are slightly too few injuries in training, and slightly too many injuries in matches, though the overall number in game is about right, also the manner and length of injuries needs bit of work too. Injuries will happen for a huge number of reasons, including bad luck.

^

Not to mention the international injury issue. That's my main beef.

I generally don't seem to ever get plagued with injuries, sure I've lost Aguero in March before for 3 months 1 goal shy of the Prem record, then Niang and then the aging VP, ended up playing Gervinho who was shocking and I lost a 5 point lead to finish 2nd by a point to Chelsea, but that's the worst I've had.

Back