Major Injury Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter Sweeedz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 9K
^

Not to mention the international injury issue. That's my main beef.

I generally don't seem to ever get plagued with injuries, sure I've lost Aguero in March before for 3 months 1 goal shy of the Prem record, then Niang and then the aging VP, ended up playing Gervinho who was shocking and I lost a 5 point lead to finish 2nd by a point to Chelsea, but that's the worst I've had.
From what ive heard, who gets injured is randomised based on current IRL injury rates for players called up for international duty. Not sure how the specific injury is determined though.

So, if this year, they have two leg breaks, you'd be completely and utterly surprised? My point is that it might not be likely, but it can happen.

It's like saying: "I have never been stung by a bee", you might not have, but there is still a chance of it happening.

That is absolutely not what i was saying. If you want to act pedantic at least try to follow and comprehend the discussion. We were discussing the RATE of injuries, not the phenomenon. Yes, a player can break his leg, yes in theory 2 players of the same team can break their leg, yes theoretically the entire squad can break their leg on the very same day. Does it happen? Basically not.
Pointing out that certain injuries do excist, or that certain scenarios are theoretically possible, doesn't justify the rate at which they happen in FM. So please, spare me your commonplaces as they are nothing i didnt already know.

And, after all this, I am homosexual for it? Oh dear, the insult, it pains, for the love of god I love men! How much of an out-dated insult is that? At least, if you want to make a point about my own insanity, disect it, rather than hurling a childish insult my way.

Oh add a swear word? Makes you a big boy! Seriously, do you have to be angry at everything?

And yes, your misplaced attitude is rather disgusting. If I'm childish for calling it out, so be it.

That is absolutely not what i was saying. If you want to act pedantic at least try to follow and comprehend the discussion. We were discussing the RATE of injuries, not the phenomenon. Yes, a player can break his leg, yes in theory 2 players of the same team can break their leg, yes theoretically the entire squad can break their leg on the very same day. Does it happen? Basically not.
Pointing out that certain injuries do excist, or that certain scenarios are theoretically possible, doesn't justify the rate at which they happen in FM. So please, spare me your commonplaces as they are nothing i didnt already know.

And yes, your misplaced attitude is rather disgusting. If I'm childish for calling it out, so be it.

The discussion was initially about the rate, but you changed it at a point to being random phenomenon when you started losing.

As stated before, by regular players and go-betweens of SI workers, it's a relatively fair injury system. You are still saying that things cannot happen when they can. Just because you have been unfortunate doesn't class you to moan about it.

I'll example two of my saves as examples. In 2 years at Sochaux, I amassed around 8 injuries, with the longest being 3 months, which is relatively regular. Another, I had 3 injuries in one game with my Basel side, with one out for 9 months.

I feel, personally, it's a good simulator for real life injuries. If you feel not, so be it, but you can't go on and on that it's ridiculous when a genuine consensus is that it's pretty accurate.

And I feel my attitude was perfectly fine. It seems to be the attidude you portrayed to others, and your complete disregard for the majority of their points valued it so. Could do with closing this thread, I think the point has been over-discussed as it is.

The injury levels are completely random and I think it's fine. I've had things like all 3 of my strikers get injured in the same month for 2 months +, completely ruining my season, I've had Cavani get injured 7 times in one season.
On the other side, I've had teams where for most of the season I was entirely injury-free, or just had 1 or 2 easily replaceable players out.
The only thing I've noticed sometimes is that it seems like often when one player gets healthy immediately someone else gets injured. I've seen that happen a little too often for it to be coincidence. But overall I'm not complaining, the random element of this game is what makes it so replayable and rewarding.

The injury levels are completely random and I think it's fine. I've had things like all 3 of my strikers get injured in the same month for 2 months +, completely ruining my season, I've had Cavani get injured 7 times in one season.
On the other side, I've had teams where for most of the season I was entirely injury-free, or just had 1 or 2 easily replaceable players out.
The only thing I've noticed sometimes is that it seems like often when one player gets healthy immediately someone else gets injured. I've seen that happen a little too often for it to be coincidence. But overall I'm not complaining, the random element of this game is what makes it so replayable and rewarding.

I've seen the one player healthy one gets injured too, but only once or twice.

I've noticed that too. I'm in the camp that thinks there are too many injuries in the game. My current save has four out of five strikers all out at the same time. My training levels are medium with light physical intensity, the field is in good condition, the club has great fitness coaches and I play a slow controlling type of tactic.

Injuries are a lot more evident and damaging in the lower leagues with the small budget teams then for saves within the higher leagues. Especially when you have no parent club, a poor or non-existent youth squad, the team won't allow non-contracts and no discretionary budget is available.

It doesn't really hamper the game too much as the large database and unrealistic amount of players available on the cheap can help compensate but at times it is a bit much. It would be nice if whatever randomization tool the AI utilized for injury selection didn't allow for a flood of injuries at one specific position.

For injuries such as broken legs etc though, you have to remember its also about the other teams players. For example, if you are in a league of Roy Keanes, you are going to end up with lots of broken legs.

Also, you probably dont even hear about half the injuries in real life. Minor injuries are hardly mentioned, let alone remembered. I have not noticed anything wrong with injuries, I dont even think ive had a player break a leg...

The worst I've had from a match is my 4 best players get 2 month to 4 week injuries all a result from the same match against Reading.
The worst crisis was 5/6 players out during Africa Cup, when I had 3 players in that. I had to rotate through about 4 youth players to get over that period.
I always get little injuries like dead legs and the like. If you pay attention to any sport for that matter, you'll see that '.........' is resting this week due to not being fit because of a knock in the last game.

The rate and number of injuries is fine for me. I'm just expecting a player whose had his legs taken out to have a dislocated knee and not a lower calf strain.

The worst I've had from a match is my 4 best players get 2 month to 4 week injuries all a result from the same match against Reading.
The worst crisis was 5/6 players out during Africa Cup, when I had 3 players in that. I had to rotate through about 4 youth players to get over that period.
I always get little injuries like dead legs and the like. If you pay attention to any sport for that matter, you'll see that '.........' is resting this week due to not being fit because of a knock in the last game.

The rate and number of injuries is fine for me. I'm just expecting a player whose had his legs taken out to have a dislocated knee and not a lower calf strain.

There is an issue sometimes with manner of injury, ie like you said, getting a calf strain from a heavy impact (which isnt possible irl), but overall its a fairly good system, though there is work to be done in some areas.

Back