Make Sunderland Great Again

March

Sunderland V Plymouth

View attachment 31197

Lee Cattermole's sending off was our undoing and he was punished severely for it.

Wycombe V Sunderland

View attachment 31196

And this win confirms our promotion to the Championship so this will be where the fun really begins.

Barnsley V Sunderland

View attachment 31195

An outstanding comeback over second placed Barnsley and its enough to ensure that we go up as Champions of League one.

FA Cup 6th Round
Arsenal V Sunderland

View attachment 31194

I can't be anything other than proud of the team here, a narrow defeat here to arsenal is just like winning in any other round.

Sunderland V Burton

View attachment 31193
Marin is some player and at this level he is world class. I really hope we can hang onto him. An outstanding Hat-trick.

Checkatrade Trophy Final
Sunderland V Luton

View attachment 31192
We never really got going in the final but Nasri popped up with a piece of magic to score the only match of the game to give me my first piece of silverware.

Month Overview

We suffered our second loss of the season but all that really matters is that we have achieved our goal of winning the league and moving up.

With winning the league the board are really wanting us to make a push for a consecutive promotion with giving u a war chest of £32 million for transfers and £160k free for wages. I feel we should be able to get some decent players in for that to go along with who we already have. The transfer market and expired contracts will be my main sources though.

League Table

View attachment 31191

Enjoying this, looking forward to seeing you play in the Championship, must fancy a decent season there with the players you got. I have never bought Marin but he has always looked exciting. Keep up the good work!

Not surprising to see you smash the 100 point mark with games to spare! Nice kitty for the summer which should allow you to get some good players in. Any interest in Nasri yet?

Not surprising to see you smash the 100 point mark with games to spare! Nice kitty for the summer which should allow you to get some good players in. Any interest in Nasri yet?

Not yet. But I fully expect there to be interest in the summer and if not will even try offering him out to see what I can get as would prefer you get players but I'm sure he'd still run riot in the Championship for me.

Just realised I missed the youth intake from my March post. There wasn't much to get excited about apart from one player. We welcome David Hunter to the club​

View attachment 31033

Hunter looks like he could develop really well and at 15 with a 2 and a half star potential already he will be making his first team debut before the season is up

April/May

With automatic promotion already secured I'll just role both months into one update as there is only 1 game in May.Sunderland V Walsall

View attachment 30864
Grant with a great hat-trick which nearly seals us the title, 3 points in our next game will do itRochdale V Sunderland

View attachment 30863A terrible game from our point of view but at least its not a loss.

Fleetwood V Sunderland

View attachment 30862
And the title is ours with Marin getting the opening goal, he has been unreal this season.

Sunderland V Coventry

View attachment 30861
The good times keep rolling and Cheikh getting two goals from midfield

Sunderland V Doncaster

View attachment 30853

Hunter makes his debut on this game and comes up with 2 assists before being injured for 4 weeks. A great set of goals though from everybody.

Peterborough V Sunderland

View attachment 308512-0 down with 11 minutes to go and we pull off the comeback to grab a point. Marin is on absolute fire just now.

Portsmouth V Sunderland

View attachment 30849
A bore draw.

Southend V Sunderland

View attachment 30848Marin yet again on the score sheet, its going to be a struggle to hold onto him over the summer I reckon

Season Overview

An outstanding season for the team. We stated off with attracting some of the top young talent in Europe for the team.

The league was a walk in the park with us smashing the 100 point mark well before the end of the season. Next season will be a lot tougher.

In the FA Cup we made it all the way to the 6th round where we went out to Arsenal which was well above expectations of the board. The Carabo cup we made it to the 4th round which was made even the sweeter by the fact we managed to beat Newcastle in the third round. We also lifted our first piece of silverware by winning the Checkatrade trophy.

View attachment 30839
Team of the Season

View attachment 30838

On wards and upwards now to see who we can attract to the club and push for promotion in season 2

Transfers and Preseason

So there have been a lot of ins and out for this season to ensure we have the best chance to compete at the top end of the league so i won't cover everybody but just the main ones.

View attachment 30578
The main player to leave was Nasri for £10.5 million to Fiorentina which isn't a bad profit for a 32 year old who has been playing in league one. Luckily we were able to bring in Andreas Pereira on a free transfer from Man Utd after his contract expired and he will slot straight into the first team. Another player with Premier League experience that comes in on a free is Carl Jenkinson who will be fighting Wisdom for the Rb position.

Joel Pereira comes in to be our new Keeper for the next few seasons. Sam McQueen also comes into be our new LB. Woodburn and Tammy Abraham come in to add some depth up front as well.

Everybody who left the club was let go as they just weren't going to feature this year or their contracts were expiring at the end of the season and wouldn't be offered new deals.

We will still be looking at players if the right one's come up. We still have £40 million to spend if we need to.

View attachment 30575

Pre-season went well but the teams we played were pretty poor apart from Man City and this might be enough to cost my Assistant Manager his job if I can find somebody with better stats so we'll see what happen.

The win over Man City really sets up up going forward for the season.

Board Expectations

The board expect us to make the playoffs this season which we should be able to do with this young and upcoming squad.

We are also expected to reach the fourth round of the FA Cup and third round of the Carabo Cup.

Your transfers actually are making me feel slightly sick, I am currently in April with Burton on track to get promoted from League one in 2018/2019

Tidy business for Nasri, get 6 months out of him and sell him for £10.5m, what kind of wages was he on at Scumderland? I mean Sunderland?

Tidy business for Nasri, get 6 months out of him and sell him for £10.5m, what kind of wages was he on at Scumderland? I mean Sunderland?

Since I signed him while he was still banned and nobody else wanted him I got a great deal and he was only on £15,000 a week so he was a real coup for the club

Defo a good deal, cost you less than £500k for the 6 months you had him so to get over £10m is a steal!

August

The Season finally gets underway hopefully we can get off to a good start to get our promotion hopes off to the best possible start.

Burton v Sunderland

View attachment 30301

The best start possible to the season against a team who came up with us. Grant showing why he will be our main striker this season.

Sunderland v Leeds

View attachment 30300

What a win against promotion contenders. Really putting our mark down in the league with only 2 games in. Marin running absolute riot.

Carabao Cup 1st Round

Sunderland v Reading

View attachment 30297
Full rotation here and this win really shows the depth at the club with Abraham and Woodburn getting their debut goals.

West Brom v Sunderland

View attachment 30296

Another win against promotion contenders. Continue to put our mark down in the league against the big teams. Marin running absolute riot again with another 2 goals.

Sunderland v Brentford

View attachment 30295
Watmore getting on the score sheet again with Grant against another top team in the league. Going at this rate we should walk the league again.

Bristol City v Sunderland

View attachment 30294
The final 11 minutes of this game was tough when we went down to 10 men and never mind the final 3 minutes when we've gone down to 9 men but we still secure the 3 points.

Carabao Cup 2nd Round

Sunderland v Hull

View attachment 30293
Full rotation here again to rest the players playing in the league and its another straight forward win to march on in the cup.

Sunderland v Fulham

View attachment 30292
What a win against a team just relegated from the Premiership, Nobody seems to be able to stop us right now. We have to be contenders for the title.

Month Overview

What a month here coming up against some very good teams in the league. We are among the contenders for the title already.

In the cup we have been drawn away to Sheffield Utd so it should be a straight forward tie.

Also we did one more bit of transfer business before the window shut. We spent £13.5 million to being in Scott McKenna to partner Ross McCorrie in defence to form a great partnership for both club and country.

League Table

View attachment 30291

Fantastic read this! and great start to fm19.
Seen mixed stories about saves with Sunderland, some people struggling and many flying.

Just started a Sunderland save myself and im currently hovering around the relegation places in the Championship after comfortably winning League 1.

Team:
Nick Pope, Lewie Coyle, Jake Cooper, Danny Batth, Brendan Galloway, Etebo, Sean Goss, Max Power, Che Adams, Antonio Marin, Jason Cummings.

Was wondering what tactics you use as i think the ones I used to come up have become dated. This question available to anybody who has a Sunderland save or any.

Good luck for the remainder of your save!

Fantastic read this! and great start to fm19.
Seen mixed stories about saves with Sunderland, some people struggling and many flying.

Just started a Sunderland save myself and im currently hovering around the relegation places in the Championship after comfortably winning League 1.

Team:
Nick Pope, Lewie Coyle, Jake Cooper, Danny Batth, Brendan Galloway, Etebo, Sean Goss, Max Power, Che Adams, Antonio Marin, Jason Cummings.

Was wondering what tactics you use as i think the ones I used to come up have become dated. This question available to anybody who has a Sunderland save or any.

Good luck for the remainder of your save!

Here you go mate, been using the same tactic since the start and its still going strong

View attachment 30178

September

Aston Villa v Sunderland

View attachment 30177
A bore draw but away to villa I will take this result but it comes as our first dropped points of the season but it was a fair result

Sunderland v Stoke

View attachment 30176
Not going to lie I had the fear here after going 1-0 down but the 3 Scots in the team show what they can do and get us another excellent win against a promotion contender.

Preston v Sunderland

View attachment 30175
Some rotation here after the Stoke game and Abraham scores a tremendous goal with the last kick of the ball to get us the 3 points.

Carabao Cup 3rd Round

Sheffield United v Sunderland

View attachment 30173
A strong team goes out and makes easy work of Sheffield to progress to the 4th round of the cup.

Sunderland v Middlesbrough

View attachment 30172
A good performance against play off finalists from last season. The big teams just can't cope with us at all. Abraham gets us off to a great start with a goal in the first minute.

Month Overview

A nice short month for a change which allows us to rotate and rest players around the international breaks. We continue our push in the league with a 100% record.

In the cup we have been given a really good draw and host Wigan so our second string should see us into the next round.

League Table

View attachment 30171

October

Sheffield Wednesday v Sunderland

View attachment 30161
Boom 3 goals from defence and one from Grant. Tactics are working well when both full backs are getting on the score sheet.

Sunderland V Barnsley

View attachment 30160

An exceptionally boring game here which neither team deserved to walk away with all 3 points.

Derby v Sunderland

View attachment 30159
A terrible but lucky game from our point of view as we just didn't turn up and Derby really deserved the 3 points from this match.

Sunderland V Rotherham

View attachment 30158
We get back to winning ways with Watmore getting us the goal to secure the 3 points

Brighton v Sunderland

View attachment 30157
A big win against a very strong team but Marin comes up with the goal to secure us the 3 points.

Carabao Cup 4th Round

View attachment 30156
We don't take anything for granted in this match and have a mix of first teamers and rotation and we move into the quarter finals.

Month Overview

We could get use to these short months to allow the players plenty of time to rest. We drop 4 points this month but still remain unbeaten. In the cup we will be hosting Chelsea so our run may come to an end but I'm still really happy to have reached the quarter finals.

League Table

View attachment 30155

Here you go mate, been using the same tactic since the start and its still going strong

View attachment 1186304

really big fan of the formation. 4-2-3-1 is my favourite formation both in real life and on the game. I'm a big fan how you have one sitting back further than the other which is something I have done on previous games/saves. Looking for a CDM if you could suggest any? Tonali has just gone to Napoli.

Think the problem i have is that the players i have signed are the ones who have great potential so i thnk it's just a bite the bullet moment and grind out results until an improvement.

All the best!

November

Sunderland V Nottingham Forest

View attachment 30079
A tough match here, I think we are rotating to much now to try and keep players fresh and its starting to cost us.

Birmingham v Sunderland

View attachment 30078
To be honest we didn't deserve the 3 points here as it was a very even game apart from the penalty which secured us the 3 points.

Sunderland V Reading

View attachment 30077
Finally a big win against a strong team. Marin is showing nobody can stop him and at 18 can cope with the higher level.

QPR v Sunderland

View attachment 30076
Another game we didn't deserve the 3 points from as we couldn't even take advantage of having the extra man on the pitch but again we manage to grind out a result.

Sunderland V Hull

View attachment 30075
I put out my strongest team for this match and they deliver with a huge win over Hull.Month Overview

Another excellent month where me manage not to drop any points. We appear to be unbeatable just now but how long will it last.

Going into December I'll start looking at some new players as well to try and build a team for next season with the remaining £20 million transfer budget. I will be looking to bring in a young and exciting AMR to replace Watmore and Gooch along with a striker as Grant doesn't have a great perm back up.

Automatic promotion is now in our sites and baring anything going horribly wrong then we should be getting back to back promotions.

League Table

View attachment 30074