Reaction score
Encouraged by Cockfosters story,I decided to try something similar.So i took a charge of Canvey Island FC,club from Ryman Premier (7th level).

253.jpg

Estimated value: 230 K
Stadium: Park Lane (4308)(500 seated)
Media prediction: 9th

Not even close to Cockfosters,as they began from 10th level,with very small stadium (1000 capacity) and just basic facilities.But I'm not so good as Astonmatu :) so this will be an appropriate challenge for me.

My plan is to reach PL in 15 years,and to win European Cup (ECC or EL) in 20 years.Not so easy,but not even so hard.As I was playing for 11 years with Red Star,I think I have enough experience to play that long.

So,let's begin :D

Good luck on your journey buddy! Whatever it is, don't give up! (H)

Another Low League story I see :D Good luck mate, I'll be following ;)

Good luck, if its anything like Cockfosters to Premier League it will be great I'm sure, I'll follow

Good Luck ! I'm doing one of these with Dover, pushing from promotion from BSP 3rd season!

Seems my best player is this guy,James Russell,GK:

View attachment 68804

As you can see,he is even less than solid,so I need to put some more strenght into this team.My expectations and budget:

View attachment 68805

It's obvious this is gonna be a tough transfer period.I need reinforcements on every position,and backup for them! So,I made some offers to PL clubs for some young players.I'm not so optimistic,but I really hope I can sign some of them.

We got arranged some new friendly games,with Southend Utd,St.Mirren,and GH Academy.Also we must play against Braintree,as we are their feeder club.
First I'll try my Red Star tactic.It's 4-2-3-1 with two DM,two strong wings and one good forward.We'll see if it works.Hope so...

ALL OF THE PLAYERS from PL and CH rejected me as I expected.Sad,but it's reality.Now I'll focus on FL1 ond FL2 players and just hope I'll sign some good players.

First friendly game:

CANVEY ISLAND - GH ACADEMY 1:1 (1:1)

View attachment 68813 View attachment 68814

Well,a close game.Draw is a fair result,but they scored on 21st second.Also,I just hate when we get a red card in the first game,but that happened. |)

CANVEY ISLAND - ST.MIRREN 1:3 (0:3)

View attachment 68816 View attachment 68817

Not so bad,as I thought they will crush us.We were three goals down very quick,so this result and performance are very good. :)

ALL OF PLAYERS FROM L1 AND L2 REJECTED ME!
This is going to be a long and very very very hard season...:(

best of luck on this hope you do well bit of a thick thing to ask you what league are you in am probable being a dumb ars in asking

Justin Gentle - free transfer View attachment 68850

Paul Keddle - free transfer View attachment 68851

Andrew Delve - free transfer View attachment 68852

Think this is the end of my transfer period.I'll probably sign some more players while season is running.But,for now,this is it! May the season begin :D

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

RYMAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION

CANVEY ISLAND - WALTHAM ABBEY 0:1 (0:1)​

I don't like starting defeats.Hope we'll do better.

HENDON - CANVEY ISLAND 0:3 (0:1)
(Rowe 3g)​

Yeeeeaaaaaaahhh that's what I'm talking about!!!First win and a remarkable hattrick from Rowe :D Delighted we bounced back with an away win (H)

Two BAD injuries.Howard and Dobinson,both for 2 months...:(

CANVEY ISLAND - DARTFORD 2:1 (1:1)
(King,Gordon)​

I probably wished to kill myself when Gordon missed penalty in 58th minute,but he made himself up and scored for victory :D

SUTTON UNITED - CANVEY ISLAND 2:0 (1:0)​

So many misses.....:( :(

CANVEY ISLAND - CRAY WANDERERS 1:1 (0:1)
(Rowe)​

You wouldn't believe what kind of goal we conceded....anyway,I expected win,so this is not so good...:/

AUGUST REVIEW:

WINS: 2
DRAWS: 1
LOSES: 2
GOALS FOR: 6
GOALS AGAINST: 5
LEAGUE POS: 10th

MONTH RATING: SOLID

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

best of luck on this hope you do well bit of a thick thing to ask you what league are you in am probable being a dumb ars in asking

It's Ryman League Premier Division (7th level) ;)

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

RYMAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION​

KINGSTONIAN - CANVEY ISLAND 2:2 (1:1)
(Gordon,Keddle pen.)

Good result at my opinion,they were topping the table before our match :)

CANVEY ISLAND - AFC HORNCHURCH 3:1 (1:1)
(Cowen,Rowe 2)

Great play and finally a new good game from Rowe :D We're moving up now,so I hope we'll keep up the good form until the end of this month ;) It won't be easy,as we have two away games in front of us.

HASTINGS UTD - CANVEY ISLAND 2:1 (0:1)
(Cohen)

They scored from penalty in 92nd...I really can't believe how unlucky I am. :(
FA CUP - 2nd QUALIFICATIONS ROUND​

LEYTON - CANVEY ISLAND 0:2 (0:1)
(King,Curran)

Nice win,especially because of the 5K prize money.​

SEPTEMBER PREVIEW:

WINS: 2
LOSES: 1
GOALS FOR: 8
GOALS AGAINST: 5
LEAGUE POS: 11th

MONTH RATING: SOLID

CANVEY ISLAND - WEALDSTONE 1:3(0:1)
(Gordon)

No comment. :(

FA CUP 3rd QUALIF.ROUND:​

CANVEY ISLAND - HENDON 2:1(1:1)
(Rowe 2)

Great win,and another 8,500 euros on our account.Rowe have proved that he is the best striker we have in this moment.​

TOOTING & MITCHAM - CANVEY ISLAND 3:4(1:0)
(Rowe,Henry,Reynolds,Gordon)

I must say something after this match.It seems we have an enormous problem with opponent's counter-attacks.We were a goal down with two men in front (two red cards for them in 38th minute) and again we conceded one more!Then we pulled back from 0:2 to 3:2 but AGAIN we conceded a goal three minutes to the end.Luckily,Gordon scored in stoppage time to bring us valuable victory,but we really have a big problem,and I must resolve it quick,or else,promotion will be just a dream...

CANVEY ISLAND - MAIDSTONE UNITED 1:0 (0:0)
(Rowe)

BIG,FANTASTIC,EXTREMELY IMPORTANT WIN!!! We were far much better,so this win is truly deserved :D These 3 points brought us 7th place :) :) :)

FA CUP 4th QUALIF.ROUND:​

AVELEY - CANVEY ISLAND 3:1(0:1)
(Turner o.g.)

I played with second team,as we should concentrate on the league.Fully deserved win for Aveley.

BOGNOR REGIS - CANVEY ISLAND 2:2(1:2)
(Gordon 2)

They had TWO penalties!Russel conceded,Trego didn't,so he's definitely my new first keeper ;) Maybe we could win this one,but this is ok,too. :)

OCTOBER REVIEW:

WINS: 3
LOSES: 2
GOALS FOR: 11
GOALS AGAINST: 12
LEAGUE POS: 8th

MONTH RATING: GOOD

View attachment 69033

Last edited:
RYMAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION:​

CANVEY ISLAND - TONBRIDGE ANGELS 1:0(0:0)
(Gordon)

We're 6th in the league,but 7 points from the promotion spot.Anyway,we have 28 games to play,so anything can happen,but this is a big bag of confidence! :D

HARROW BOROUGH - CANVEY ISLAND 0:1(0:1)
(Martin)

Ohhh Martin finally scored :D

CARSHALTON ATHLETIC - CANVEY ISLAND 0:1(0:1)
(Gordon)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh such a big win :D :D Carshalton are our promotion rival,so this win made us 4 points behind promotion spot :D

CANVEY ISLAND - MARGATE 2:0(1:0)
(Rowe 2)

Good win against the weakest team in our league.We've closed a fantastic month with this win :D

NOVEMBER REVIEW:

WINS: 4
DRAWS: 0
LOSES: 0
GOALS FOR: 5
GOALS AGAINST: 0
LEAGUE POS: 4th

View attachment 69055

MONTH RATING: FANTASTIC :D

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:LEON GORDON

Gordon.jpg

Last edited:
I really hope you do well with this, as I loved the name Canvey Islands growing up, and was disappointed when they went bust :( but good luck with this, I'm sure you'll do well :D