If you manage to keep that detail up, this will be MAAAAD
Keep going mate ^__^

best of luck to your story so far so good. if you have time check mine out.

THE CANVEY ISLAND FOOTBALL BUGLE : New signings on Park Lane

newspaper_5-701804.gif

Experienced right winger Nicky Southall,joined a club until the end of the season.Former Gillingham,Nottingham Forest and Bolton player agreed to help Kelovic's side in order to reach the play-offs:

-It's really great to be here.I know Nikola is a huge fan of Bolton Wanderers,the club that is so close to my heart.I acknowledge his plans and my opinion is that we are going to be great partners.I hope Canvey will reach the play-off.

Centre midfielder Michael Hughes is a former Man City and West Ham player.His experience may also mean a lot to Canvey Island's team:

-I'm very excited of being here.This is a whole new challenge in my career,so I hope I'll do well.

Simon Harrison is amoung the youngest in the squad,but he believe in himself:

-I am young,but desperate to play regular first team football.I'm sure my qualities can mean a lot to my new club.

Simon is an universal player.He can play as stopper,right back,right winger,centre midfielder and defensive midfielder.

-That is my main quality.I'll play anything to be on the pitch.

Charlie Hutton completes this new players' list.Another central midfielder and a former Leeds United player was one of the biggest talents in his generation,but he never got a real chance in a club from Elland Road.

-My ambitions are to play at the highest level,but now,I have to start from tha bottom.It doesn't seem like a problem to me,as I'm ready to play on Park Lane.This is my season,I can feel it.

New players will be available already on Saturday,when Canvey Island meets Bromley on Park Lane.

View attachment 88810
View attachment 88811
View attachment 88812
View attachment 88813

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canvey Island - Bromley
Blue Square South League
Park Lane

Canvey Island (4-4-2) :

GK: 1 James Russell
DR: 2 Andy Smith
DL: 3 Richard Brackstone
DC: 4 James Smith
DC: 5 Mike Finley
MR: 6 Nicky Southall
ML: 7 Graeme Montgomery
MC: 8 Robbie King
MC: 9 Charlie Howard
FC: 10 Jay Curran
FC: 11 Jason Rowe

MINUTE-TO-MINUTE:

25th : Quiet game was cancelled when Curran hit the post after a superb assist from Southall.A great chance went behind.

42nd : Even better chance!Curran found Rowe on the far post with a brilliant assist,but Rowe managed to miss almost empty goal!!!

HALF TIME

46th : First chance for away side.Cobbs managed to find Mills with a good assist on the far post,but Russel declined his shot.

69th : In a boring game,Roach somehow got himself a place to shoot from a distance,but it was a bad effort.

73rd : Curran was again in a good chance after Montgomery passed him a ball.Canvey's striker managed to shoot from an edge of the area,but he missed for about a yard.

84th : GOAL FOR CANVEY ISLAND!!!What a counter attack!Russel picked up a ball after a one-on-one chance he had with opposition striker.Then he threw the ball to Smith,who passed it immediately to Curran.Canvey's striker managed to run around the keeper and place the shot from a dead end into the net.What a goal by Curran!Is it the end for Bromley?

85th : Faulconbridge for Curran,Hughes replaced Howard.

It's all over,Canvey got all three points today.It was a close game,we didn't see some quality football,but home team took their chances better and got themselves a valuable win.

FULL TIME

View attachment 88807

View attachment 88808

View attachment 88809

Canvey Island - Uxbridge
FA Carlsberg Trophy - 3rd qualifying round
Park Lane

Canvey Island (4-2-3-1) :

GK: 1 Grant Carson
DR: 2 Simon Harrison
DL: 3 John Brackstone
DC: 4 Tom Roberts
DC: 5 Matt O'Connell
MC: 6 Michael Hughes
MC: 7 Charlie Hutton
AMR: 8 Joshua Howard
AML: 9 Lee Watts
AMC: 10 Dave Henry
FC: 11 John Bradley

MINUTE-TO-MINUTE:

2nd : Cook got his first strike on the goal from the distance,but Russel managed to pushed the ball over.

6th : 1:0 Uxbridge.Brunskill scored after a big confusion in Canvey's defense.

26th : Uxbridge had a few chances,but nothing serious.Still a big confusion in home team defense.

29th : 2:0 for Uxbridge.....but almost.Offside flag prevents Canvey from embarrassing two goals down.

40th : Brunskill had another great chance after the corner,but his shot went nearly right post.

HALF TIME

46th : Kersey replaced Henry.

57th : GOAL!1:1!Canvey finally made a good attack,while Bradley again showed that bright future is ahead of him.His shot from 20 yards was nothing less than perfect.

63rd : 2:1 Uxbridge.Mooney scored from a close range while Roberts was just watching him.Confusing mistake by a centre-back.

Embarrassing loss for Canvey Island!!!9th level team knocked them out from Carlsberg Trophy.Indeed,Kelovic sent a second team on the pitch,but Canvey shoul hava played much better.

FULL TIME

View attachment 88818
View attachment 88819

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thurrock - Canvey Island
Blue Square South League - round 15
Ship Lane

Canvey Island (4-4-2) :

MINUTE-TO-MINUTE:

8th : GOAL FOR CANVEY!It's already 1:0,as Curran used a great center-shot from Montgomery.It's probably a trained combination,as this duo is getting better and better.Great start!

30th : First mistake on the middle of the pitch almost got punished!Howard lost the ball,and in the end of the action Thompson had a good chance,but he missed a goal from about 2 yards.

45th minute : Ohhh,penalty for Thurrock.What a bad reaction from young Finley,as he crushed Cooke from the back.Penalty,and luckily,only red card for Canvey defender

stoppage time : 1:1,Thorne from the spot.

HALF TIME

63rd : Thompson tried his shot from the distance,but way over.

67th : Now Rodkin from 35 yards,but not even close.

92nd : Williams almost made it 2:1 for his team,as he hit the bar from 30 yards!

FULL TIME

View attachment 88820
View attachment 88821

Canvey Island - Hampton & Richmond
Blue Square South League
Park Lane

Canvey Island (4-4-2) :

MINUTE-TO-MINUTE:

3rd : 1:0 FOR CANVEY ISLAND!Curran's strike was defended,but Bradley took a deflection shot and put Canvey up front!Superb start!

11th : Tolgate sent the ball wide from the distance.

13th ; Quarne so close from free-kick...

22nd : For the moment it looked like Canvey had two goals in the hand,but Robbie King blasted the ball into side netting.

23rd : 2:0 FOR CANVEY!!!And Russell is assistant!What a ball from home keeper.He found Curran who was complete alone,so he had an easy quest.Canvey is two goals ahead!

25th : Curran almost made it 3:0,but his shot went over the right post.

33rd : NOW IT'S 3:0!!!New combination by Montgomery and Curran.Magnificent duo is working perfectly.Is this the end for away team?

35th 4:0!!!!!Ohhhhh what a goal from John Bradley!!Youngster took a perfect volley from 1 yards out to make it 4:0!Great assist by Southall,too!

HALF TIME

48th 5:0!!!!This is getting embarrassing for Hampton!Southall scored from corner,but the goal will be wrote down to Fraser,as he played the ball a little.

55th : Fraser tried to made himself up from an own goal,but no clear idea in this long range shot..

64th : New shot by Fraser,this time he was close,but not enough...

66th : 5:1.Fraser finally did it.From third try.

75th : Rowe and Martin replaced Curran and Montgomery.

What a win for Canvey Island.Simple brilliant game and a very good performances by attacking duo Bradley-Curran!

FULL TIME

View attachment 88815
View attachment 88816
View attachment 88817

NOVEMBER REVIEW:

GAMES: 5
WINS: 3
DRAWS: 1
LOSTS: 1

GOALS FOR: 10
GOALS AGAINST: 5

MONTH RATING: VERY GOOD

What crazy db are you using to not have isthmian play offs & 2 direct promotions?! The mighty Kingstonian would have got a play off spot normally!!! Good luck though, always nice to see stories about isthmian clubs. Sucks you released Tarkan Mustafa though... K's legend!

Kingstonian were topping the table for the most of the season,but the end was bad for them as they lost some key matches...Mustafa was good player,it was a probably bad decision to release him,but i wanted to get some youth players instead.Seems like that was not so good,as I was forced to sign Hughes and Southall,they are around 38 years-old!

good update mate
is Eastleigh FC in your league if so where are they ?

THE CANVEY ISLAND FOOTBALL BUGLE - Jay Curran,our powerful striker!

CommunityRadioCartoon.gif

Good afternoon to everyone,this is your favorite Monday show with Terry Garrity!Our today's guest is Canvey Island's top player for November month,powerful striker Jay Curran.Jay managed to score five goals in four November BSSL matches,so it's clear that he is in top form right now.So,tell us Jay,how is it feel?

-Well,I know my games were on top level in past weeks and I'm glad I managed to score some important goals for my team.But,of course,I didn't make it all alone.Without my team-mates,I probably wouldn't do what I just did.

We saw that Canvey Island's football is keep getting better and better,especially our goalscoring duo Montgomery-Curran.How often do you practice with Graeme?

-Graeme and I are good friends outside the stadium.He is a good lad,and our collaboration is just great.We managed to carry over our relationship to the pitch,and that resulted with some fine goals and chances.

Graeme is currently on loan at Canvey from Dag & Red.Do you think there is a chance to sign him permanently?

-I would love to make that happen.I think our game can touch the next level very soon,so I would love to play with him in a years to come.Of course,our finance are not good in the moment,but I can't see why we shouldn't sign him on a new loan.

Last season,you were third striker,but this one you are our top scorer and first choice in attack.Who do you prefer to play up front,experienced Rowe or youngster Bradley?

-Well,that depends.Jason is a great striker,he always know how to score from different positions,but Bradley is more talented.I can learn from the both,so it's honour for me to play with each.

Canvey Island's plan is clear,to make a mid-table finish and maybe attack play-off spot.What do you think about our chances?

-We are in great form in the moment,so I hope we'll keep up the good work until the end of this year.With a couple of new players on January,promotion can't be far.I firmly believed we can reach it.

That would be all for today,thank you Jay for this wonderful interview,we wish all the best to you and Canvey!

-Cheers,Terry,thanks for inviting me!

Basingstoke Town - Canvey Island
Blue Square South League - round 16
The Camrose

Canvey Island (4-4-2):

MC: 9 Charlie Hutton

MINUTE TO MINUTE:

With only seconds to the kick-off,Montenegrin manager Nikola Kelovic just received a "Manager of the month" award.

14th : Buchanan almost made it 1:0,but his strike went only near the right post.

19th : GOAL FOR CANVEY ISLAND!!!And it's Jay Curran again!Magnificent striker scored sixth time in five matches,as he used a perfect long ball from Charlie Howard!

25th : Nice move by Bradley almost put Canvey two goals in front,but his shot was stopped by a home keeper.Montgomery took a deflected shot,but it was weak,as he almost missed the ball.

36th : McGrail managed to score,but he was deep in offside position.Williamson was late with the pass.

HALF TIME

51st : Bringhurst was close with a long way effort.His shot went only few inches over the bar.

52nd : McGrail did it this time,it's 1:1.Similar situation like one from 36th minute,but this time,home striker was onside.

57th : 2:1 for Basingstoke.Paul Derrick used a confuse reaction from Mike Finley.

69th : 3:1.It's probably all over now,as Williamson scored with a cool volley.

83rd : Curran was close with a header.

Basingstoke were far better team,a deserved win.

FULL TIME

View attachment 88971
View attachment 88972

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canvey Island - Weymouth
Blue Square South League - round 17
Park Lane

Canvey Island (4-4-2):

DC: 5 Frankie Everett

MINUTE TO MINUTE:

9th : Crucial chance for Valentine!He was left out all alone in penalty area,but his shot was brilliantly pushed away by Russell.

22th : Lowndes,1:0 for Weymouth.

27th : Lowndes again,it was almost 2:0.

HALF TIME

51st : It's 1:1!Own goal by Rose!!Montgomery sent a good ball for Bradley,but Rose got himself inside it,and unluckily,the ball finished behind his own keeper!

69th : Montgomery was close,but his shot ended into side net.

86th : Curran had one on one with the keeper,but his shot went over.

87th : Weymouth immediately responded.Now Cooper had one on one with Russel,but Canvey's keeper showed his class.

88th : Lang cought up a volley after the corner,but the shot was very bad

The match could have gone easily to away team,so Canvey can be delighted with this result.

FULL TIME

View attachment 88973
View attachment 88974

Yeah,they are 15th,with 5 wins,5 draws and 8 losts...20 goals for,25 against,I played 1:1 with them away :)

I can't :( Too bad,I wanted to make this thread more interesting with that...lame...:/

P.S. New update in about an hour.

Crawley - Canvey Island
Blue Square South League - round 19
Broadfield Stadium
Attendance: 915

Canvey Island (4-5-1) :

MC: 8 Mark Nunn
MC: 10 Steve Harrison

MINUTE-TO-MINUTE:

2nd : Howard with a first long range effort.Close,but not enough to score.

19th : Cogan with a free kick.Just over the bar.

21st : Chris Martin had a wonderful chance after the corner,his shot cut up the bar...

29th : Cogan hit the post after the corner.One chance after another for Crawley,but still,no goal.Can it be punished?

41st : SEEMS IT CAN,1:0 FOR CANVEY ISLAND!Bradley is the scorer,he sent a good low shot,after Harrison dropped the ball down with a fine header.Montgomery made a whole action,great attack!

42nd : Ademeno almost made it 1:1,he had one on one with James Russell,but Canvey kepper pushed a ball aside to save his goal.

HALF TIME

46th : Crawley continued with attacks,this time Ben Smith took a shot,but it was wide.

55th : Southall blasted a ball from free kick into the side netting.

71st : Ademeno found some space again,but seems this is not his day.His shot went wide again.

90th : Forthyr had a final chance of the game,but Russell saved his goal again,and Canvey is victorious!

Crawley were better team today,but all the missed chances were punished by Bradley and his great effort.

FULL TIME

View attachment 89075 View attachment 89077 View attachment 89078

Canvey Island - Dorchester Town
Blue Square South League - round 20
Park Lane
Attendance: 648

Canvey Island (4-4-2):

DC: 5 Frankie Everett
MC: 8 Simon Harrison
FC: 10 Luke Ashton

MINUTE-TO-MINUTE:

2nd : CANVEY IS IN THE LEAD,1:0!Curran maybe is not on the pitch,but his team-mate Bradley is doing a second part of Canvey's goalscoring duo.The assistant was of course,Montgomery,and Bradley headed the ball into the net!What a start!

17th : Bradley headed the ball just over the goal,at the same position he got scored from.

34th : 1:1.Jenkinson,after Everett lost the ball.

HALF TIME

49th : Hutton hit the bar after a long range effort!!

56th : Curran had a nice chance,but he only got through to the penalty area before Cogan stopped him.

66th : Harrison almost scored,when his ball finished at the top of the bar!

71st : Another bar!!And again Harrison,this time from free kick!!!

74th : Gaisie made it 2:1 for Dorchester.Away team punished Canvey for missing chances.

86th : PENALTY FOR CANVEY!!!Hutton got fouled on the edge of the area from the back.It should have been a red card for Roget,but nothing of that.

87th : 2:2,Southall from the spot!It's his first goal for Canvey!

Canvey should have won this,but too many missed chances decided the match.

FULL TIME

View attachment 89097 View attachment 89098 View attachment 89099

DECEMBER REVIEW:

GAMES: 4
WINS: 1
DRAWS: 2
LOSTS: 1

GOALS FOR: 5
GOALS AGAINST: 6

LEAGUE POSITION: 7th

MONTH RATING: SOLID

SPORTSKI ZURNAL SRBIJA

logo.gif

CRVENA ZVEZDA PROTIV KENVI AJLENDA NA BADNJE VECE

Vice-sampion Srbije Crvena zvezda odigrace revijalni susret sa Kenvi Ajlendom,engleskim nizeligasem,koji je pod vodjstvom Nikole Kelovica,crnogorskog trenera i velikog navijaca Crvene zvezde.Mec ce biti odigran na Badnje vece,na stadionu "Rajko Mitic",od 19:30,uz direktan televizijski prenos na RTV FOKS.Sav prihod od prodaje ulaznica ide u humanitarne svrhe,za decu bez roditeljskog staranja.

SPORT JOURNAL SERBIA

RED STAR TO PLAY CANVEY ISLAND ONE DAY BEFORE ORTHODOX CHRISTMAS

Serbian vice-champion Red Star is going to play a friendly match against English lower league club Canvey Island,which is under command of Montenegrin manager Nikola Kelovic,well-known as a big fan of Red Star.Game will be played on Orthodox Christmas evening,at the stadium "Rajko Mitic",home of Red Star,at 19:30 CET,with direct TV broadcast at TV FOX.The money collected from tickets will be used in a charity sake,for children without parents.

mvest-11925.jpg

253.jpg

as much as i hate to say it good result against Crawley Town
can't believe they are in BSS

Bishop's Stortford - Canvey Island
Blue Square South League - round 21
Woodside Park
Attendance: 774

Canvey Island (4-5-1):

MR: 6 Paul Keddle (c)

MINUTE-TO-MINUTE:

30th : Half and hour on the clock and the first serious chance on the match.Green hit the post from free-kick!

34th : GOAL FOR CANVEY ISLAND!!It's Bradley again!Youngster took it all in his hands as he blasted the ball from almost 30 yards into the top left corner!Get in,nice goal!!

35th : Already 1:1,Lambu pushed the ball for Sheringham,who took a shot that finished behind Russell's back...

43rd : Hutton with a free kick.Wide...

HALF TIME

46th : GOAL FOR CANVEY!!It's 2:1!!Keddle scored in his first match after a while!Montgomery sent a brilliant ball on the far post,so Keddle didn't have too much problem in settling the ball into the net.Great start!

51st : RED CARD!!!Bishop is a man-down now!Jones was holding the Bradley to his shirt,so the referee had no choice but to give Bishop's defender a second yellow card!

58th : BRADLEY AGAIN,WHAT A GOAL!!! It's 3:1 now,and Bradley scored an amazing goal from 35 yards!This is going to be a goal of his career!He is now Canvey's top scorer with 10 goals!!!

60th : 3:2,Smith is the scorer.Suspicious situation,as assistant Webb was tough on Smith,but the referee said to play on...

77th : Howard took a great shot from 35 yards,but the ball went wide...

82nd : IT'S 4:2 AND IT'S ALL OVER NOW!!!Mark Nunn scored his first goal at Canvey,as he used a great pass from Howard to tick a ball into the opposite corner!

Canvey got a priceless win!

FULL TIME

View attachment 89138 View attachment 89139 View attachment 89140

Staines Town - Canvey Island
Blue Square South League - round 22
Wheatsheaf Park
Attendance:

Canvey Island (4-5-1):

MR: 6 Paul Keddle (c)

MINUTE-TO-MINUTE:

1st : An opening chance for Montgomery,as he used a fine pass by Bradley.There was no offside,but Graeme hit the side netting.

14th : 1:0 for home team.Newport took a long pass to far post,where Stephenson got it into the net.

19th : Bradley hit the post with a strong shot!So unlucky!

HALF TIME

48th : Stephenson in one-on-one chance,but Russell won it.

60th : 2:0,Stephenson again.

Embarassing game and a lost for Canvey Island.

FULL TIME

View attachment 89141 View attachment 89142 View attachment 89143

SPORT JOURNAL SERBIA

logo.gif

Red Star - Canvey Island
Friendly match
Stadium "Rajko Mitic"(54 000)
Attendance: 2937

RED STAR: Pavlovic - Reljic,Stojkovic,Spajic,Savic - Savio,Nikolic,Lazovic,Vesovic - Subasic,Jevtic
CANVEY ISLAND: Walker - Stevenson,Keddle,Brackstone,O'Connell - King,Hughes,Martin,Howard - Rowe,Ashton

Scorers: Vesovic 11'76',Savic 54' - Rowe 90+3'

In front of almost 3 000 fans,Red Star have won the game against Canvey Island - 3:1.Vesovic was the best player on this match,as he scored twice.Youngster Savic scored once,while Rowe did the same on the other side.Red Star's manager,Ratko Dostanic,was pleased with this result:

-It was important to play attractive football tonight,because it was the only way we could bring the audience to this game.I'm glad we did it,so I think we can be proud of ourselves.

ratko_dostanic1.jpg

Nikola Kelovic was more than pleased:

-Red Star is former European and World Champion.Far the best club in Serbia,so I'm delighted we managed to score once.This was good match,and I was happy to see almost 3 000 fans on the stadium.We did a good job.

Red Star is currently 1st in Jelen Superliga Srbije,battling with Partizan for the title,while Canvey is on 10th position of Blue Square South League,trying to get a promotion spot.

Team2001_1.jpg