all the best with this journey mate, i'll keep an eye out for your updates (H)

cheers mate,next update tomorrow afternoon at my time...maybe about 4pm :)

(I live in Serbia,so you do the math) :D :D

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

RYMAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION

CANVEY ISLAND - BILLERICAY TOWN 1:0(0:0)
(Rowe)

Should be 3:0 at least,as Rowe had some good chances,but victory is a victory :D

BOREHAM WOOD - CANVEY ISLAND 3:1(0:0)
(Rowe)

Just unfair,as we were a man down for 85 minutes :( Stupid red card...:O

CANVEY ISLAND - AVELEY 5:2(3:0)
(Rowe 2,Gordon,Howard,Martin)

Finally some goals!We crushed them,looks like we release all that anger which was present after the Boreham Wood match...Rowe scored twice,seems he's going to be our player of the month. :) Again only 4 points from promotion :)

ASHFORD - CANVEY ISLAND 1:1(1:1)
(Henry)

A close game,draw is fair result.​

DECEMBER REVIEW:

WINS: 2
DRAWS: 1
LOSES: 1
GOALS FOR: 8
GOALS AGAINST: 6
LEAGUE POS: 4th

MONTH RATING: SOLID

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:

Rowe.jpg

JAMES ROWE​

Last edited:
We're now in the middle of the season.I can be pleased with results,but we must do better if we want to play in upper level next year.Our new players weren't so good,so probably I won't keep any of them for the next season(maybe just Dave Martin).Anyway,all the players have their contracts expiring in 6 months,but I'll probably renew it with Gordon,Lowe,Martin,Henry and Smith.

I must say we really didn't have luck in many games,especially with penalties and late goals.We had 3 penalties for(2 scored,1 missed) and 5 against(all conceded).Also,we conceded 10 goals in final minutes,and scored only two. :-/

I'm delighted with our strikers.Jason Rowe scored 15 goals in 23 games,while Gordon is runner up with 9 goals from 17(3) matches.Our full backs are doing great.Andy Smith had played 24 games with av.rating 7.10 and 5 assists,while on the other side Paul Keddle was solid with 6.78 rating and one goal(he is actually right-back,but I have no other option on left except him).I found ideal pair of stoppers,those are Frankie Everett and Martin Reed,with 6.90 and 6.93 av.rating.Dave Henry is the boss of our midfield.He played in 18 so far,with 6.91 av.rating,2 goals and one assist. :)

My plan now is to sign some more players,as we have a weak bench.Maybe then we won't concede so many goals in the last 10 minutes.Our next game is against Waltham Abbey,leader of Ryman League.They are six points ahead of us,so we can't afford to lose this one.Next update with January games will be tonight,probably 2-3 hours from now.Cheers and enjoy in some screenshots.Comments are welcome ;) ;) ;)

View attachment 69423 View attachment 69424 View attachment 69425
View attachment 69426 View attachment 69427 View attachment 69428
View attachment 69429 View attachment 69430 View attachment 69431

FOR THE GLORY,FOR THE FANS!
header.jpg

TRANSFERS:

Lee Watts - free
View attachment 69686

Danny Kersey - free
View attachment 69685

WALTHAM ABBEY - CANVEY ISLAND 1:1(1:1)
(Smith)

Smith is showing some quality :) Hope he'll be much better than in the first half of the season.Good draw,but it is only important we didn't lost. ;)

DARTFORD - CANVEY ISLAND 2:2(1:0)
(Rowe,Raynolds)

Finally some LUCK.We scored twice in the last 6 minutes to get this draw we probably didn't deserve.But,hey,bad luck is now reversing back :D

CANVEY ISLAND - SUTTON UNITED 1:0(0:0)
(Rowe)

Great win,it's a fair result,cuz we were just a little bit better than them.We're only 3 points from promotion spot :)

CANVEY ISLAND - HENDON 1:0(0:0)
(Rowe)

SAME game as against Sutton Utd...weird..xD

CRAY WANDERERS - CANVEY ISLAND 2:2(0:2)
(Rowe,King)

Unlucky as always....own goal by Stevenson...:'(​

JANUARY REVIEW:

DRAWS: 3
LOSTS: 0
GOALS FOR:
GOALS AGAINST:
LEAGUE POS: 3rd

MONTH RATING: GOOD

View attachment 69684

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:

Rowe.jpg

JAMES ROWE​

Last edited:
Good Luck; You have a long way to go .....

RYMAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION​

CANVEY ISLAND - KINGSTONIAN 2:1(0:1)
(Rowe,Gordon)

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhh what a comeback :D :D :D We are finally on the promotion spot!!! (H)(6)8-|

P.S. James Rowe is Ryman Premier Division TOP SCORER with 18 goals:D

CANVEY ISLAND - HORSHAM 4:3(2:0)
(Rowe 2,Curran 2)

OMG this was a shocking game!Rowe missed chance for hattrick from the spot,but the only important thing is that WE ARE TOPPING THE TABLE!!! :D :D :D

AFC HORNCHURCH - CANVEY ISLAND 1:0(1:0)

Well,this was the best time to lose a game.We are still topping the table,so this lost didn't hurt much,especially because they were better team​

CANVEY ISLAND - HASTINGS UNITED 3:1(1:0)
(Curran 3)​

Fantastic Jay Curran!!! :D

FEBRUARY REVIEW:

WINS: 3
DRAWS: 0
LOSTS: 1
GOALS FOR: 9
LEAGUE POS: 1st

MONTH RATING: VERY GOOD

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Rowe.jpg

JAMES ROWE​

Last edited:
I must admit something.My game crushed,so I have to loaded a game,when it was 27th February,one day before game against Hastings Uts.First time I played,it was 0:0,but now it was 3:1.It was accident,and I hope this won't happen again.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

WEALDSTONE - CANVEY ISLAND 1:1(1:1)
(Curran)

Tough game with a lot of chances for both sides.Draw is a fair result.Good goal by Curran,seems I can count on him,now when Rowe isn't in such a good form. :D

MAIDSTONE UNITED - CANVEY ISLAND 1:1(0:0)
(Gentle pen.)

We were far better,especially in second half,but late equalizer gained them a draw. :-/

CANVEY ISLAND - TOOTING AND MITCHAM 2:0(2:0)
(Curran,Martin)

Another goal by Curran,and finally one good game from Martin.This win is crucial for our promotion chances! :)

CANVEY ISLAND - BOGNOR REGIS 1:0(1:0)
(Curran)

I CAN JUST SAY THIS:
JAY CURRAN OLE OLE OLE :D :D :D

MARCH REVIEW:

DRAWS: 2
GOALS FOR: 5
GOALS AGAINST: 2
LEAGUE POS: 1st :D

MONTH RATING: GREAT (keeping up our home winning streak) :)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:​

J%20Curran.jpg

JAY CURRAN​

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

TONBRIDGE ANGELS - CANVEY ISLAND 0:0

A bore draw...|)​

[
COLOR="blue"]CANVEY ISLAND[/COLOR] - HARROW BOROUGH 4:3(1:1)
(Kind,D.Curran 3)

Almost forgotten Jay Curran's brother Danny scored a superb hattrick! ! ! I couldn't believe myself,but it's true :D

MARGATE - CANVEY ISLAND 2:2(2:2)
(Curran 2)

Jay is back in the game with two vital goals :) Should have won,but it's an away game,so all except loss is great :D

CANVEY ISLAND - CARSHALTON ATHLETIC 1:1(1:0)
(Henry)

Ohhhh how unlucky again :-/ We were so much better,but they scored after a big mistake of our defence :(

APRIL REVIEW:

WINS: 1
GOALS FOR: 7
LEAGUE POS: 2nd

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:
D%20Curran.jpg

DANNY CURRAN​

Last edited:
good read so far, keep it up! is funny as Canvey is just down the road from me and i will be training with them during pre-season in hope of earning a contract with them :)

CANVEY ISLAND - BOREHAM WOOD 2:2(2:1)
(Reed,King)

****,this is bad!We were two goals ahead after only 11 minutes,but they fought until comeback :'( Now we have to take at least 5 points in the last three games...

AVELEY - CANVEY ISLAND 0:0

Terrible....anti-football...

BILLERICAY TOWN - CANVEY ISLAND 0:0

EVEN MORE TERRIBLE!

The last game in the season is against Ashford.90 minutes left on the season.Ashford is 2nd with 75 pts,and we are third with 73.So,calculation is clear,we have to win in order to gain promotion.I must say I was on the edge to quit a couple of times this season.Not because we were not playing good,but because we conceded so many goals from offsides,not to mention penalties against us.Some of them were just ridiculous.Anyway,if we lose this match because of some stupid referee's mistake,I'm gonna give up.But,if we lose fair,only because they were better than us,I'll continue to play!In order to progress next year!For Canvey Island!

CANVEY ISLAND - ASHFORD TOWN

The game started with Canvey attacking from the left side to the right.We saw first bigger excitement 8 minutes from the clock,when Dave Jones headed the ball on the far post after a great corner by Smith,but far from the goal.Then,shock on Park Lane.Brett Cooper blasted the ball into the net from 25 yards to give Ashford a crucial 1:0 lead.But,Jay Curran proved his fantastic form in the last weeks,with amazing solo attack and a cool finish to equalize the result.Only 8 minutes later,same player headed the ball into the net from 10 yards to make The Gulls fans gone mad!!
After the brake,Canvey had another great chance,as Rowe hit the bar only six minutes in the second half.On the other side,Harris had a chance one-on-one with James Russel,but fantastic intervention by Islanders keeper gave another headache to Ashford's fans and players.Only two minutes later,a cold shower for home fans.Cooper was the best in six yards box,and that was a new equalizer!
Canvey's strikers were trying almost everything to get the lead back,but all of that was for nothing.But,8 minutes before the final whistle,Curran took the club's destiny into his own hands.He sent a long way effort from about 32 yards.The ball finished in top left corner,and the fans gone wild!!!CANVEY ISLAND GOT PROMOTION!!! 3:2 was the final result!

MAY REVIEW:

GOALS FOR: 5
GOALS AGAINST: 4
LEAGUE POS: 2nd :D

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
:

J%20Curran.jpg

JAY CURRAN​

SEASON REVIEW:

RYMAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION: 2nd (promotion) :D :D
FA CUP: 4th QUALIFYING ROUND :D

TOP GOALSCORER: James Rowe (22)
MOST ASSISTS: Joshua Howard (12)
BEST AVERAGE RATING: Andy Smith (7,10)

AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 530

BANK BALANCE: -71 000

BEST ELEVEN(4-4-2):

GK: James Russel
DL: Paul Keddle
DC: Martin Reed
DC: Frank Everett
DR: Andy Smith
ML: Gary Cohen
MC: Dave Henry
MC: Robbie King
MR: Joshua Howard
FC: James Rowe
FC: Jay Curran

great stuff mate, well done! your on course to get where you want to be lol

Good luck mate ! Hope you do as good as AstonMatu did with Cockfosters ^^)

CANVEY ISLAND FC PRE-SEASON
Transfers in:

Craig Faulconbridge - FANTASTIC
Luke Ashton - GREAT
Craig Gillespie - SOLID
Grant Carson - SOLID
Graeme Montgomery - GOOD
John Bradley - FANTASTIC PROSPECT
John Brackstone - GOOD

Transfers out:

Ben Patten
Andrew West
Andrew Delve
Richard Bastin
Stuart Batch
Richard Brooks
Chris Colvin-Owen
Gabriel Fanibuyan
Nicky Reynolds
Tarkan Mustafa
Danny Kerrigan
Chris Moore
Kevin Dobinson
Leon Gordon
Richard Halle
Danny Curran
Craig Davidson
Jon Edwards
Tony West

Season expectations:

Blue Square League South: stay clear of relegation (media prediction:18th)
FA Cup: 4th qual.round
FA Carlsberg Trophy: First round

MATCHES:

Estudiantes(LP) - Canvey Island 3:0(1:0)
Canvey Island - Queen's Park 2:1(1:1)
(Ashton 2)
Canvey Island - Kettering 2:2(1:2)
(Rowe,Watts)
Banbury - Canvey Island 3:2(1:2)
(Ashton,O'Connell)

BLUE SQUARE SOUTH LEAGUE[/SIZE
]

CANVEY ISLAND - STAINES TOWN 2:2(2:1)
(Faulconbridge,Curran)

Again,again,and again,like so many times before,we lost a two goals lead...:(

HAYES & YEADING UNITED - CANVEY ISLAND 2:0(0:0)

Two late goals...****! :mad::mad::mad:

ST.ALBANS - CANVEY ISLAND 2:3(2:1)
(Bradley 2,Ashton)

With only 15 years,Bradley became the youngest scorer in our history :D Seems like a fantastic prospect :D

CANVEY ISLAND - GLOUCESTER CITY 1:1(1:1)
(Bradley)

They scored from penalty,and our second goal was disallowed,so this in NOT fair! :mad:

MERTHYR TYDFIL - CANVEY ISLAND 2:2(1:1)
(King,Rowe)

Aaaaand Rowe is back in the game :D ;)

AUGUST REVIEW:

GOALS FOR: 8
GOALS AGAINST: 9
LEAGUE POS: 12th
PLAYER OF THE MONTH: John Bradley (3 goals)

MONTH RATING: SOLID

Good luck mate ! Hope you do as good as AstonMatu did with Cockfosters ^^)

Hope so,I was inspired by his story :D

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

Good luck mate, looks good so far

cheers! :)

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:20 AM ----------

BLUE SQUARE SOUTH LEAGUE​

CANVEY ISLAND - EASTBURNE BOROUGH 1:0(1:0)
(Ashton)

Good win :) Ashton is a HOT prospect,I think he'll be a fantastic player in years to come...:)

CANVEY ISLAND - DOVER 1:1(1:1)
(Howard)

We were far far far better...but,unlucky...:-/

WESTON SUPER MARE - CANVEY ISLAND 0:1(0:0)
(Howard)

One and only - Charlie Howard :D He's a target of three L2 clubs :) Seems we got a great midfielder ;)

FA CUP - 2nd QUAL.ROUND​
:

BRENTWOOD TOWN - CANVEY ISLAND 4:0(3:0)

OOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG SOOOOOOO EMBERASSIIIIIIING :(((((((((​

SEPTEMBER REVIEW:

DRAWS: 1
GOALS FOR: 3
GOALS AGAINST: 5
LEAGUE POS: 8th

MONTH RATING: GOOD (BUT :O IN FA CUP)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:

0,,10416~3401469,00.jpg

CHARLIE HOWARD​

Last edited:
BLUE SQUARE SOUTH LEAGUE

CHELMSFORD CITY - CANVEY ISLAND 0:0

Hmmm not so good game,but we got what we wanted.​

CANVEY ISLAND - LEWES 2:2(0:2)

Jay Curran scored twice to bring us a valuable point.

HAVANT & W - CANVEY ISLAND 2:0(1:0)

Pffff...terrible match...

CANVEY ISLAND - EASTLEIGH 1:1(1:1)​
(Montgomery)​

End of very bad month,but we are in mid table,where we want to be...​

OCTOBER REVIEW:

GAMES: 4
WINS: 0

GOALS FOR: 3
GOALS AGAINST: 5

LEAGUE POS: 12th

MONTH RATING: BAD

As I'm back with this thread,I just want to say a few things.This story will be much more interesting from the next month.I got past month speed up because I want to bring up some new things in the next.There will be more screenshots,pictures and larger match reports.Also,I would like YOU to give me some comments and advices what to do with this story,so it can be more interesting to those who read it.Hope you'll help me :)

NOVEMBER​

THE CANVEY ISLAND FOOTBALL BUGLE : Nikola Kelovic,a man for promotion?

CommunityRadioCartoon.gif

Good evening to everyone,this is Terry Garrity with a new football story.My tonight's guest is a man who took a manager chair almost year and a half ago in our lovely local club Canvey Island.With a bunch of great performances,Kelovic managed to get Canvey Island promoted from Ryman League to Blue Square South Division.

So,tell us,Nikola,what is it like to be here in this moment?

-Thank you for inviting me,Terry,I love your show and what you're doing.It's really great to be a manager at this age,and doing this job at Canvey is making me real proud of myself and full of confidence.We managed to do some great things together in past year and a half,so i hope we can do even more in a months to come.

Canvey is currently on safe mid-table spot,lying on 12th place.Does it match your expectations?

-Well,Blue Square South Division is a new and bigger step.We knew it will going to be hard,but I think we are doing fine.We were on 7th place just 20 days ago,only one point from play-off spot and that is really a great thing.Our opponents are financially secured,and that's a thing we don't have.Without some cash we can't afford players which can play at this level,so our team is now built with players from past year added with some good youngsters.Our reality is to be somewhere between 16th and 20th place,but we are 12th and that is wonderful.

Do you have a dream,or a vision where you want Canvey to be 5,10 or 20 years from now?

-Our plan is to get a professional league in the next four years,to reach Championship in 12,and to make PL in 15.To do that kind of stuff,we need to work even harder,but i assure you we have the right people for that job.

What can we expect in a weeks to come?

-Well,last few games weren't so good,so we want to change that.I hope we'll stay at this position at the end of 2010.That would be a great thing.Then we'll see further.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CANVEY ISLAND GOT UXBRIDGE IN CARLSBERG TROPHY!

Canvey Island is going to play against Uxbridge in FA Carlsberg Trophy 3rd qualifying round.Uxbridge is a lower league team,so Canvey shouldn't have much problems with this home game.
By the way,Canvey Island won this competition once,back in 2001.Also,the club made the Finals once again in 2004,but finished as runner-up.

Newport County - Canvey Island
Blue Square South League , round 13
Newport Stadium

Canvey Island(4-4-2):

GK: 1 James Russell
DR: 2 Paul Keddle
DL: 3 John Brackstone
DC: 4 Frankie Everett
DC: 5 James Smith
MR: 6 Andy Smith
ML: 7 Graeme Montgomery
MC: 8 Robbie King
MC: 9 Charlie Howard
FC: 10 Jay Curran
FC: 11 Jason Rowe

MINUTE-TO-MINUTE:

10th : Jay Curran played a great long ball to Andy Smith,but right winger blasted the ball and hit the upright.Great chance goes behind.

21st : Jason Rowe almost made it 1:0,but his strike went only near the left post.Another great chance.

29th : An enormous chance for Newport went behind,followed by a big mistake from Frankie Everett.Brackstone cleaned the ball away just on time to prevent goal.After the corner,Warren sent the ball over with a solid header.

35th : Keddle and Curran made a good attack on the right side.Keddle's assist for Rowe was brilliant,but Warren cleaned the ball away to safety.Howard took the ball with a volley,but his shot was way off the target...

43rd : 1:0 for Newport,Nathan Davies scored with a long way effort...

HALF TIME

54th : GOAL FOR CANVEY!Curran made it 1:1 just after Montgomery sent him a fine ball on the left side.Good strike and a same reaction by Jay Curran.Great goal.Canvey equalized!

56th : PENALTY FOR CANVEY!!Curran and Montgomery were in attack again,but this time Curran made a superb assist with a header.Montgomery was in full speed,but Sztybel prevent the goal with a foul on the edge of area!

57th : Rowe from the spot! 2:1 for Canvey Island! 3-minutes comeback!!!

64th : Home team tried to pull back,but Gordon's header was stopped by brilliant James Russell.After the corner,Smith was stronger and smarter than Gilroy,who fouled him.Free kick for Canvey.

77th : Reed got a good ball up front,but he was in hury,so he blasted the ball from 25 yards,but way over the goal.

78th : Robbie King was replaced by Dave Henry.First game for Henry after a long time.

83rd : Rowe almost decided the winner 7 minutes to the end!His shot was stopped by the post,after a great assist from Andy Smith.

stoppage time : Henry made two crucial headers in the back,giving all the credit from Kelovic back to the team.Canvey Island won the match!

FULL TIME