Making a Successful Forum

• Thread starter Thread starter *Paul*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 3K

Would you CONSIDER joining? (Is one forum definitely enough for you?)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*Paul*

Reaction score
I am considering making a forum for the last time. However, I will take more time to plan and attract members first. I also need some advice. I currently don't have much money to spend (maybe £10 max.) on the forum so I will go for a free forum. What sites do you suggest? What skills do you need to make the site look better (e.g. Javascript). And any other tips?

Thanks,
*Paul*

Last edited:
The key to a successful site is honestly 60% idea if not more. Another FM forum won't be wildly wildy successful simply because there are so many out there.

and JS won't make a site 'look' better but its sexy (it makes sense, ssh)

Name it simple. FM-Guides.co.uk or somthing.

Keep it simply laid out.

Dont use anything too fancy till you know what your doing.

Make all sections clear.

Before you make the site, make sure you have prepared a load of content yourself, so at least the forum wont be bare while trying to attract new members

The key to a successful site is honestly 60% idea if not more. Another FM forum won't be wildly wildy successful simply because there are so many out there.

and JS won't make a site 'look' better but its sexy (it makes sense, ssh)

Name it simple. FM-Guides.co.uk or somthing.

Keep it simply laid out.

Dont use anything too fancy till you know what your doing.

Make all sections clear.

Before you make the site, make sure you have prepared a load of content yourself, so at least the forum wont be bare while trying to attract new members
Would you consider joining another FM Forum - let's just say mine was amazing or are you content with FM-Base?

I would join mate just give me a shout whenever its started and I will join right away :)

You just need to keep it plain and simple, don't copy this forum thought because people on here will not like it. Just spread the website on Twitter and facebook to get more members and create some interesting topics and make sure the sites got a nice design :)

buy a domain name that is hosted in an obscure country for only a few pounds and research some algorithims that google use to sort the order of their search results.

Last edited:
If its well laid out, simple but with good info and topics I can't see why I wouldn't join. Fm base is still going to be the best fm site around mind ;)

If it's a good forum, I'd probably join but rarely post tbh.

FM-Base is the forum for me :wub:

no FMBASE is the only fm forum for me it also has a great football section :wub:

LMAO - Again with the mod offers..

Poll has two different questions in it...
The questions are basically the same, answer the one without brackets.

Any more tips (hopefully from experts)?

Last edited:
No offense mate, but I prefer just the one site, and it's this one. Nothing personnal or anything. Hope it all works out for you though and good luck :)

Back