Making a Successful Forum

• Thread starter Thread starter *Paul*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 3K

Would you CONSIDER joining? (Is one forum definitely enough for you?)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cheers for all the help and comments guys, I really appreciate it!

I remember when fm-base was small and cmfrenzy was the goto place...anything is possible. Good luck to all who try, The key is attraction and good groundwork before releasing..imho

Cheers guys again. I'm going to bed, got to get up early tommorow, please leave me with something to read. Post away...

A free forum just wouldn't attrack the large number of members to be successful, making a successful forum requires it to be professional and that requires something that is paid for. You would also need something on the site to be unique otherwise you would have no chance of attracting new members.

You can skip all the hard stuff and just pay someone who knows what he is doing to set it all up for you. All you have to do is buy the domain, message-board software, hosting and a skin

A free Football Manager forum is never realistically going to be successful because they just generally stink of low class.

I would rather join the tip of my *******, to one of my eye balls.

Invision Free or Zetaboards?
What are the differences and which one do you think is better? I don't have any HTML experience and stuff like that, just want it to be simple and easy to use.

Weird... i was going to ask if anyone would like to help me make a forum, and i think Zetaboards

Weird... i was going to ask if anyone would like to help me make a forum, and i think Zetaboards
Well, you could join mine and I would consider you as a Mod if you were active enough and stuff. I'm not going to bribe people with Mod status to make them join. Anyway, I think my forum will be open by the summer holidays, seriously considering one now.

Also, which name sounds best?
  • The Locker Room
  • Gaffer Discussion
  • FM Fanatics
  • The Manager's Office
???

Last edited:
I've seen another forum use The Locker Room before, and the others are pretty poor tbh.

id join mate! and IMO the locker room sounds the best :)
I used to have a forum called the Locker Room :). And thanks, I need to get as many members as I can. It will be a free forum and what about The Gaffer's Office? I will probably make it The Gaffer's Office or The Locker Room. I will start making it tommorow night. Please PM me if you want to apply for a Mod position.

Last edited:
Some really bad FM forums out there this is the only FMforum I look at now. I'm not a fan of Fanboys or Sortitoutsi. FM kit design forum solely for kit making would be good. I think if there was one site that had **** loads of kits the viewing numbers would be huge. Could make a bit from adverts as well if you were doing for a bit of cash. People have really got into kit making like never before as it's been made a lot easier.

Some really bad FM forums out there this is the only FMforum I look at now. I'm not a fan of Fanboys or Sortitoutsi. FM kit design forum solely for kit making would be good. I think if there was one site that had **** loads of kits the viewing numbers would be huge. Could make a bit from adverts as well if you were doing for a bit of cash. People have really got into kit making like never before as it's been made a lot easier.

Agree with this, a kit making site would be good, but only if good kit makers join it :)

Free Forum Hosting - InvisionFree
RapidBoards - Free Invision Power Board (IPB) Forum Hosting - Skin Uploads, Avatar Uploads, and More!
Free Forum Hosting - ZetaBoards

Which one, why and what is the difference between them?
As I said, should be launched in September, I will start making it in the summer/after my exams. Please can more people vote for the name and if a Mod could change the poll to:

Question: What should my forum be called?

Choices (10):
1) The Locker Room
2) FM License
3) FM Fanatics
4) The Manager's Office
5) The Gaffer's Office
6) FM Tactical Discussion
7) Virtual Manager
8) FM Home
9) The Home of FM
10) Other (Please state in the thread!)

P.S. Any more tips, I will take everything you say into account and I will keep this thread open until the forum launches so you can post suggestions. Should help other potential forum makers as well!

Last edited:
I have started making a forum, but I want this one to be good so I will take a long time making it and perfecting it. I expect I'll want some people to find faults/test it out after Christmas, so please sign up by posting in this thread at being a Beta Tester and I will add you to the list. If you do a good job of Beta Testing and I think you're a good member, I may offer you the Mod position as well - but I am not bribing anyone with it!

Free Forum Hosting - InvisionFree
RapidBoards - Free Invision Power Board (IPB) Forum Hosting - Skin Uploads, Avatar Uploads, and More!
Free Forum Hosting - ZetaBoards

Which one, why and what is the difference between them?
As I said, should be launched in September, I will start making it in the summer/after my exams. Please can more people vote for the name and if a Mod could change the poll to:

Question: What should my forum be called?

Choices (10):
1) The Locker Room
2) FM License
3) FM Fanatics
4) The Manager's Office
5) The Gaffer's Office
6) FM Tactical Discussion
7) Virtual Manager
8) FM Home
9) The Home of FM
10) Other (Please state in the thread!)

P.S. Any more tips, I will take everything you say into account and I will keep this thread open until the forum launches so you can post suggestions. Should help other potential forum makers as well!

I'd go for 3 or 8.

Back