Making Chelsea a profitable team?

willd019

Reaction score
As the title says. is there anyway in which i can make Chelsea a profitable team? I'm loosing 4-5 million a month, which I think is a huge amount. I remember from FM 2010 that i had a Chelsea team that was in its 6th year which was loosing the same amount of money each month as i am now and i made them financially insecure :S.
So i decided to make a Chelsea save where I would try to make them a profitable business, like Arsene Wegner (spelling :p) has. I put a wage limit of of £80,00 p/w. and that meant selling the likes of Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Zhirkov, Anelka and a few more. I bought in a few replacements who had tiny contracts of like £30,000 p/w, and only bought a few players to make sure I had a good wage structure but still i was loosing like 1.5-2 million a month.
So could anyone give me tips on how to make Chelsea a profitable team, because I'm clueless and its annoying me

Thanks

ask the board for a new stadium and check your staff wage structure

Its a very hard thing to do. The only thing you can do is make sure you dont spend more than 20 million a season.

Try not spend just for the sake of it, only buy players you need, sell old people on high wages etc.

Just keep contracts and spending tight.

Try and lower your big players contracts by £5,000-£10,000 and sell off any dead weight you don't want. As it is Chelsea, I expect you could make £10,000,000+ from unwanted players. Then, spend only where you need to, always trying to keep the amount you spend lower than the amount you sell. Buy younger players and try and limit the amount of big signings you make.

To summarise:

• Lower High wages (Lampard, Terry, Cech, Drogba etc.)
  • Sell dead wood.
  • Spend less than you sell.
  • Buy younger players at cheaper prices.
  • Ask the board for any finance boosts.
  • Limit big signings.

I hope I have helped you in one way or another. :)

Hi Mate I am Season 3 with Chelsea and balancing the books is very tough.

If you spend the £70m or so you get at the start of the game then you will be £40m-£50m in the red if you don't sell players.
However, selling players is extremely tough.
I got a pittance for Malouda, could not sell Zhirkov or Anelka.

I am not renewing contracts for the likes of Drogba, Anelka and now Lampard.
I have renewed Ashley Cole for another 2 years.
Terry has a year to go at £160k pw but he is probably worth it.

I didn't qualify for the Champions League this season so my prize money has taken a pasting.

I got to January 2013 and the board took away my remaining transfer budget of £16m & wage budget of £200k.

What was interesting was Abramovich injected £48m at the end of season 2 to cover losses so without that my attached screenshots would be a lot worse.

However, the board are happy with my financial control?!?

Good luck should be an interesting challenge.
Have you got screenshots of your finances and wages?

Just keep contracts and spending tight.

Try and lower your big players contracts by £5,000-£10,000 and sell off any dead weight you don't want. As it is Chelsea, I expect you could make £10,000,000+ from unwanted players. Then, spend only where you need to, always trying to keep the amount you spend lower than the amount you sell. Buy younger players and try and limit the amount of big signings you make.

To summarise:

• Lower High wages (Lampard, Terry, Cech, Drogba etc.)
  • Sell dead wood.
  • Spend less than you sell.
  • Buy younger players at cheaper prices.
  • Ask the board for any finance boosts.
  • Limit big signings.

I hope I have helped you in one way or another. :)

thanks for that, its obvious really, but its not easy, atm im having problems im currently 9th after 17 games (do not ask, results not going my way) and im desperate to get rid of anelka (8 starts 8 subs apps 0 goals ...) rid of lampard terry cech and ashley cole and start again

thanks for that, its obvious really, but its not easy, atm im having problems im currently 9th after 17 games (do not ask, results not going my way) and im desperate to get rid of anelka (8 starts 8 subs apps 0 goals ...) rid of lampard terry cech and ashley cole and start again

I know what you mean. When trying to get the best results, finances can slip. :(

Keep going and I am sure results and finances will improve!

Also be aware that at the end of the 1st season you get a load of loan players back which adds to you wage costs.

started to use a 4-1-2-1-2 formation from my fm2010 chelsea save and no the results are changing just smashed sunderland 5-1 drogba got 5 goals in 2 games now :D (before he only got 3 goals in 15 games)
but ive decided to sell Ashley, Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Anelka and Cech at end of season and let youth players step in.

Bruma for Terry
Van Aanholt/ Bertrand for Ashley
Ramires/ McEachran for lampard
Sturridge for Drogba
Yohann Pele (signed as sub goaly)/ Delac for Cech

A bit of a risk but dont see why it cant work

Doesn't Roman bail you out? Im sure hes like a tycoon on the game?

Interesting thing to do. Results may suffer now but you should be set for the long term. :)

Doesn't Roman bail you out? Im sure hes like a tycoon on the game?

Im not sure really, im only in Nov 2010. im hoping he does at the end of the season.

Going back to me selling my big players. If i was to sell Drogba and Anelka, i would only have Neymar and Sturridge, ive never rated Borini, so can anyone recommend a cheap striker (relative experience) low wage.
I know its in wrong place to post but whilst were on topic i thought it would be ok to ask :p

Im not sure really, im only in Nov 2010. im hoping he does at the end of the season.

Going back to me selling my big players. If i was to sell Drogba and Anelka, i would only have Neymar and Sturridge, ive never rated Borini, so can anyone recommend a cheap striker (relative experience) low wage.
I know its in wrong place to post but whilst were on topic i thought it would be ok to ask :p

Yes, Roman does bail you out. However, the challenge is to make them profitable.

I have Lukaku and Kadlec.
Buy them now to join at the end of the season.
Keep Drog til end of Season 2 and get him to tutor Lukaku

Take advantage of the transfer bug and get some bargains offered to you.
However, the same bug means it is very difficult to sell players, especially those on the big wages they are currently on.

Yes, Roman does bail you out. However, the challenge is to make them profitable.

I have Lukaku and Kadlec.
Buy them now to join at the end of the season.
Keep Drog til end of Season 2 and get him to tutor Lukaku

Take advantage of the transfer bug and get some bargains offered to you.
However, the same bug means it is very difficult to sell players, especially those on the big wages they are currently on.

the Drogba tutoring Lukaku seams like a good idea
But what is the transfer bug?

When you go to sell a player try to sell them and get your money in installments.
This will help bring in a little bit of money in each month rather than in one big lump sum also,
you could get a bit more money out of the buying club. x

Also invest in your youth recruitment network to improve the quality of your own regens.
Otherwise pesky Arsenal will pick them up.