Making History with Tromsø - A Tromsø Idrettslag Story

Jamo456

Reaction score
images

Hill brought in as Høgmo decides 'Enough is Enough'

Per-Mathias Høgmo has decided that the time has come to retire in order to concentrate on the PhD in football that he is currently studying for at the University of Tromsø. He also stated that the health problems that saw him take a break from the game in 2006 had began to reoccur, and that he felt that the time had come to allow the board to appoint a younger manager to play a more vibrant and attacking brand of football.

The younger manager that
Høgmo alluded to is believed to be former Derby County and Brann midfielder Nicholas Hill, whose career at the Brann Stadion was curtailed through injury. 31 year old Hill has made no secret of his desire to move into management following his knee ligament damage, and the situation at Tromsø was seen to be perfect for him, with the board looking for him to use his experience as a midfield general to help out key men Kara, Ruben Yttergard Jenssen and Thomas Drage, although with interest in Kara and Yttergard Jenssen from top European clubs, it remains to be seen whether the prospect of working with Hill can convince them to reject any interest from abroad.

Hill is set to take over midway through the season, with the club's Europa League campaign having just started in earnest, with Tromsø taking a 3-0 lead into the away leg against Luxembourg side Fola Esch.

Last edited:
Accidentally set it to start in July, midway through the Norwegian season, so maybe the position the AI has put me in isn't necessarily a true reflection :p

Update coming soon though

Next Update: Tomorrow​

Last edited:
Should be easy enough. I'd have kara and Jenssen on a champions and premier league winning team anyday. Can't say much about the rest of the squad tho. League should be easy enough. EL and CL will be hard

Should be easy enough. I'd have kara and Jenssen on a champions and premier league winning team anyday. Can't say much about the rest of the squad tho. League should be easy enough. EL and CL will be hard
That's the idea, using the EL and CL to develop the squad and league

Good luck,, sounds interesting. Kara and Jenssen are class while Koppinen (did I spell that right?) is a solid CB who has two or three good years left in him.

images

July Round-Up

View attachment 271492

Just the one signing for this month, but I feel it is a good one. Scores goals aplenty and provides cover for our first choice strikers, and will eventually take over a first team role.

View attachment 271493

Allowed Remi to leave with a heavy heart. An offer of £1.2m straight up was too good to turn down for a player not guaranteed first team football, and although he has a lot of potential, we have a player in William Frantzen who, at 18, can step up to a back up role, and I have been very impressed with his goalscoring exploits in the Euro Cup. The money from the transfer will help us develop the facilities and strengthen other positions when the transfer window opens in August.

View attachment 271489

Couldn't have got off to a much better start really, thrashing Fola Esch 11-1, despite going behind after a minute. Gave Frantzen a debut and he got a goal, vindicating the decision to sell Johanssen. A great run of defensive and attacking form followed, not conceding in the next six games, before the disappointing loss to Molde, in which we were arguably the better team, and certainly had more shots. A strange refereeing decision and a goal from a throw in cost us, but overall, an encouraging month.

View attachment 271496

All this leaves the league table looking very tight at the top, with Viking failing to capitalise on our loss to Molde by only drawing themselves. We remain in the same place as when I took over, just behind the leader, and it is up to us to try and win the league and get into the qualifying stages for the Champions League, as well as getting some much needed prize money to develop the facilities.

Player of the Month

Thomas Drage

images

10 assists, and 3 goals in my first 8 matches in charge is a very good return, and with room still to develop, I am expecting this boy to be a star for a very long time to come. Now up there with key players Kara and Ruben, I hope this lad will not attract attention from big boys from mainland Europe.

Last edited:
Bad move. He develops like crazy. I'll get you a screenshot of an AI developed Remi later. Guessing you're Norwegian; you had any use of my shortlist?
No, I'm English, and I know it was probably a bad decision, but tbf, I'm pretty well stocked in the CM area, had an amateur in the squad and a good youth player to take over, and he wasn't first choice.

Not looked at the shortlist yet mate, cheers for it though, kinda looking at finding my own players.

images

August Round-Up

View attachment 271668

Three signings made this month, Simonsen as first choice right back due to the strenuous two match week's proving too much for Hans Norbye on his own. Magnar Odegaard comes in as a long term replacement for Miika Koppinen, who has arguably been our most consistent player but probably only has a couple of seasons left in him. Vaagan Moen is signed as back up to Thomas Drage in the attacking midfield spot, whilst also becoming our only recognised left midfielder if more width is ever needed in the side.

Very happy with the business overall, two good young players and a more experienced campaigner come in for a tenth of the price of a player not guaranteed first choice who left last month. There weren't any more outgoings in August, and so the squad remains a good size, with more transfer budget left to dip into if needed.

View attachment 271669

Another solid month in terms of league results, with three games played against sides all competing for the title, so to come out unbeaten is a huge positive, especially with two of the games away from home. The draw against Alania saw us through to the next round, where, upon seeing the draw, I thought our Europa League run would be over. How wrong I was. Two fantastic performances against Athletic saw us through to the group stage, with the draw looking something like this.

View attachment 271666

Much harder than I would have liked, but I suppose that comes with the territory of being 4th seed. Will do well not to finish bottom, but we'll see.

View attachment 271673

We remain in top, but it's a little too close for comfort, but with 9 games to go, a first ever league title and Champions League place is on the horizon.

Player of the Month

Miika Koppinen

images

Some fantastic performances during the month, helping to keep two clean sheets against an attacking Bilbao side and getting a goal himself in the home leg. I just wish he was five years younger, although I feel we have a suitable replacement in Odegaard.

As an aside, although not sure if anyone is reading this, it looks like Rosenborg will be taken over by a tycoon. If this were to happen, would anyone want me to upload the save?

I'm kinda bored of the " classic " teams / leagues , so i'm interested in your story ! Keep it coming !

... And it would be great if you could upload the game in case of a takeover ! :)

Cheers guys, hopefully have an update up today, nearly finished the month, but I've got all my summer homework to do now, start 6th Form on Monday :(

images

September Round-Up

View attachment 271794

Another good month, rounded off with a fantastic victory at Besiktas. The wins against Aalesund and Sogndal were very important in maintaining a good league position, although we were probably lucky to draw in the game away at Odd, but I won't complain. Performances haven't been great, Besiktas aside, but in the business end of the season, it is results that matter, and we seem to be picking them up when needed.

View attachment 271796

3 points clear at the top means it's in our hands, but with tough away games coming up against teams such as Brann, we will do well to maintain our position at the top, but to do so would be fantastic, as it would mean Champions League football and a first Tippeligaen title in the history of the club, and surely an increase in reputation to attract more players from abroad.

View attachment 271795

Our 100% record in the group stages means that we sit in second place, just behind Tottenham on goal difference. Can't really see it remaining that way, as I am expecting two losses in the next two games, both against Spurs. Getting out of the group stages would be fantastic, as it would surely see a rise in the reputation of the Tippligaen, possibly leading to more European spaces becoming available.

Player of the Month

Ahmed Soukouna

l8s2h.jpg

Very little to choose between Ahmed and last month's winner Miika Koppinen, but Ahmed gets it due to his goalscoring form in the league, getting the Tippeliagen player of the month award with 5 goals in 3 games, and 4 of those in the victory over Sogndal. Koppinen was in second simply due to his performance against Besiktas, keeping out an attractive front line, and getting the winner himself.