Man City agree deal to sign Nasri

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 5K
are u an alien. ??

and i had a laugh, if Aoc get those mintues, who knows, the next england call up [if he preforms well ] . hahahahaah ur so funny.
and are u say Arsavhin's a joke. man gtfo, he scored some important goals alright.

as for Mata. go read a few pages in the arsenal tread (or let Joss explain it for u) or maybe somewhere else. arsenal didnt had funds to complete it.

time will tell the Answer. :P

Since it's Arsenal we can assume that Gervinho or Walcott will be injured at some point of the season for a while, and even if they aren't, AOC will start many games. Is he ready? Do you want to rely so heavily on a teenager with no Premier league experience to finish in the top 4? And as far as Arshavin goes, I really like him and think he's a great player, but out of nowhere he started sucking last season. And he was **** against Liverpool. I don't know what's wrong with him but I don't know if we'll get the Arshavin of 09-10 or 10-11. Arsenal better get the former.

I hope you're right about Mata and that it wasn't Wenger's fault but how could they not have the funds? They hardly ever spend and the one time they need to they don't have any money? I'll go look it up I guess but I'm surprised, they always said he had tens of millions to spend.

Arsenal most certainly had the funds to complete the deal. Chelsea fans are celebrating yet they readily accept they should never been in this position to get Mata

Last edited:
Since it's Arsenal we can assume that Gervinho or Walcott will be injured at some point of the season for a while, and even if they aren't, AOC will start many games. Is he ready? Do you want to rely so heavily on a teenager with no Premier league experience to finish in the top 4? And as far as Arshavin goes, I really like him and think he's a great player, but out of nowhere he started sucking last season. And he was **** against Liverpool. I don't know what's wrong with him but I don't know if we'll get the Arshavin of 09-10 or 10-11. Arsenal better get the former.

I hope you're right about Mata and that it wasn't Wenger's fault but how could they not have the funds? They hardly ever spend and the one time they need to they don't have any money? I'll go look it up I guess but I'm surprised, they always said he had tens of millions to spend.

fine man. but simmer down. just cause was a lol last season, doesnt mean he completly sucks. ffs, u think we will sell him like a deawood ****. f*** u.

ur like a daily mirrors 'mirror'. like cuz of smal mistake, he sucks. lol.

u sure are an alien....

fine man. but simmer down. just cause was a lol last season, doesnt mean he completly sucks. ffs, u think we will sell him like a deawood ****. f*** u.

u sure are an alien....

You need to calm down, seriously.

PS: Arshavin does suck.

You need to calm down, seriously.

PS: Arshavin does suck.

:P calmed down

on arshavin, i doubt he will be ignored, not like as much a squillaci.

if he goes, then it only back to Zenit. other wise no.

u sure are an alien....

can i ask why you keep calling him an alien?

Sad to see him leave, as an Arsenal fan it's bad news but I can see why. City are a team on the up where as Arsenal are going to take a few years to rebuild their side.

Gonna be tough now.

Oh, and don't forget the chances of winning a major trophy!
Never mind a major trophy, they can't even win the Emirates Cup this season (to be fair they were missing Cesc)!

Gonna need it too-each day that passes a clubs valuation of their key player will increase leaving Arsenal in the ******* if they're forced to spend substantially more toward the close of the window
Agreed. If a club is desperately in need of a player, than other clubs will ask for more (for example Carroll to Liverpool or Berbatov to United) because they know the club will pay it - otherwise they will have to do without a key player.

are u an alien. ??

and i had a laugh, if Aoc get those mintues, who knows, the next england call up [if he preforms well ] . hahahahaah ur so funny.
and are u say Arsavhin's a joke. man gtfo, he scored some important goals alright.

as for Mata. go read a few pages in the arsenal tread (or let Joss explain it for u) or maybe somewhere else. arsenal didnt had funds to complete it.

time will tell the Answer. :P
Arshavin scores important goals and has talent, no doubt, but he has quite low work rate, is a bad team player and is very inconsistent. A bit like Luis Garcia, to be fair although Arshavin is probably better.

I doubt Oxlade-Chamberlain is going to get called up to the England squad this season, they are preparing for Euro 2012 and I seriously doubt that he will be involved in such a major tournament, even if he plays well.

Wilshere is a very rare exception, but most players need time to settle in the squad and with the international team, they only get a few days (before a match) to blend instead of every day with a club.

I doubt Wenger didn't have the funds to sign Mata, although if Joss said it it may be true. However, sometimes it's just rumours and gossip.

Arsenal should definitely have £17m (they signed Oxlade-Chamberlain for £15m and I doubt £2m is that much for a rich club like them) after Kroenke said he will give Wenger "£40m to spend and wants him to spend it" and Wenger probably knew Fabregas was leaving as well - he did leave him out of many pre-season games.

If they have paid of all their debts, make a profit almost every season, get enormous revenue from a massive stadium and get quite a bit of money from sponsors and sales, why can't they afford a [in comparison] small £17m? If you would kindly quote his post, then I may believe what you said.

u sure are an alien....
Calm down, you obviously know nothing about football. Curtis makes a lot of sense in his posts, you can tell as he is very in-depth and uses proper grammar instead of 'txt talk', unlike you.

And some Arsenal fans are being very unfair on Nasri, he has left for a better chance of trophies, more stability, more money (I bet you would leave given the chance as well) and better team-mates to work with.

Sure, money comes into it but I bet if many of you were players you would leave to City. You think you're loyal now, but if you just had to play for 5 more years and you would be set for life, I bet you would do it. Loyalty is not common anymore, and you get nothing for loyalty when you are playing apart from love which does you not much good, to be fair.

Last season, Nasri saw City win a trophy, finish above you and be very ambitious with their summer signings. This was whilst you lost an Emirates Cup to New York Red Bulls, who are an poor team with a few good players and no excuses should be valid - even if you'd played a youth team, you should of won. As well as losing an easy cup albeit a minor one, you also failed to sign Juan Mata for a very good value fee and failed to move for a new defender or striker.

That is why he left you, not just ​money.

wthever now, we just have to move on. still 9 days left for a change :P

Rumour of a possible move for Hazard apparently. Would like to see him in the PL and has the potential to be a good signing for Arsenal.

He has completed his medical! I ******* love Samir Nasri!

Welcome! You are gonna be great with Aguero, Silva, Dzeko, Yaya, De Jong!

Ps. Best part yet to come, Jamie´will change his name!

Last edited:
ffs he's gone, now we can live in peace (in a way). what his wages btw, 145k p/w ?

Last edited:
Samir Nasri in 2010: "I think we have more merit as a club than those who have built their teams with millions of pounds."

Well done Samir.

Oh fans being bitter about their player leaving shcoker.

Every club fans does the same. We were when Tevez left us, Liverpool fans did the same when Torres moved to Chelsea. Didn't see them using "He left for the club having better chances of winning silverware". Few did though.

Very good signing for City. Will be interesting to see what system Mancini uses or where Nasri will fit in. City have got superb team. No excuses for not challenging for league now.

I would personally play liike this.
De Jong Yaya

Nasri Silva Aguero

Dzeko

Assuming Tevez will leave, if not then Tevez ahead of Dzeko. Silva, Nasri, Aguero all capable of swapping positions.​

Samir Nasri in 2010: "I think we have more merit as a club than those who have built their teams with millions of pounds."

Well done Samir.

Oh fans being bitter about their player leaving shcoker.

Every club fans does the same. We were when Tevez left us, Liverpool fans did the same when Torres moved to Chelsea. Didn't see them using "He left for the club having better chances of winning silverware". Few did though.

Very good signing for City. Will be interesting to see what system Mancini uses or where Nasri will fit in. City have got superb team. No excuses for not challenging for league now.

I would personally play liike this.
De Jong Yaya

Nasri Silva Aguero

Dzeko

Assuming Tevez will leave, if not then Tevez ahead of Dzeko. Silva, Nasri, Aguero all capable of swapping positions.​

I agree but switch Silva and Aguero. Silva is a natural winger while Aguero is a striker who could be asked to play the AMC role. Although I think because of lack of depth on the wing he will be forced to play on the wing at times. I'm still depressed he went to ManCity, they're just going to turn him into a workhorse and he won't get to cultivate his skill or creativity.

It's a **** good squad and I think they'll make a title challenge this year, and they'll definitely stay in the top 4. The only issue is lack of depth on the wings...Milner and Johnson will have to be the back-up wingers and play when Nasri and Silva are rested or injured.

I agree but switch Silva and Aguero. Silva is a natural winger while Aguero is a striker who could be asked to play the AMC role. Although I think because of lack of depth on the wing he will be forced to play on the wing at times. I'm still depressed he went to ManCity, they're just going to turn him into a workhorse and he won't get to cultivate his skill or creativity.

It's a **** good squad and I think they'll make a title challenge this year, and they'll definitely stay in the top 4. The only issue is lack of depth on the wings...Milner and Johnson will have to be the back-up wingers and play when Nasri and Silva are rested or injured.

I would have played Silva in the middle as he is too good with his passing and defense splitting killer passes. Aguero is good as #10, but he is very good playing from left side which he did against Barca few years ago.

I wouldn't say Silva is natural winger, he is like Kaka, great as CAM but can do job as winger.

Johnson is a great option from bench. He plays as RW always cutting inside, so I dont see him providing any width. Mancini relies on his FBs to provide that. Kolarov is very good with his crosses and overlapping runs and Richards is improved a lot.

Back