Man City mentality angers Mancini

Bobby is right to be angry. We are way better than we are playing. I am lucky enough to know somebody at the club who grants me access to training sessions. About once a month although i haven't been able to get there so far in 2011. The criticism that City have no team spirit is bollocks. Every training session is a mixture of great fun and grueling physical regimes.

The key things Mancini seems to focus on is posession, awareness and movement so he is rightfully angry when you play teams like Birmingham who (no disrespect intended) we should beat 9 times out of 10 but end up running out of ideas when plan A isn't working. Plan A being keep the ball and knock it around in a crisp pretty fasion get it up to Silva who will weave his magic and play in Tevez who will score.

Another thing Mancini is big on is getting the most out of his FB's. Kolarov and Boateng spend most of their time whiping in crosses and doing endurance training as Mancini always planned for them to be the wide option in a 4-4-2 diamond formation. Sinced we bought Dzeko Bobby has played that formation but our FB's haven't been doing the job they are asked and Dzeko seems to roam around helping ou the midfield so when Kolarov does drill in one of his great crosses there is nobody there.

All in all it is annoying and frustrating that one game we look amazing then in the next we run out of ideas. We need to have more options. Balotelli and Johnson gave us them but their injuries have come at a bad time. I think we wil still comfortably finish in the top 4 and to be fair the title was never really on. Just a dream this year.

One thing i will remind you all however is we may have a great squad but getting rid of Hughes meant re building a team yet again. Mancini now has his players in place and we are starting from square one again. If we are this dangerous at square one imagine how good we will be in 2 or 3 seasons time when this squad knows each others games like clockwork.

3 years into a 10 year plan to make City into a MASSIVE (one for the United fans there ) club and we are laying 3rd in the league with top 4 in our sights when at this stage all Sheikh Mansour wanted was for us to be an established top 6 team. We are WAY ahead of schedule, People need to remember that.

Really baffled as to why you need to mention united at all.... and actually he demanded 4th last season

Another thing Mancini is big on is getting the most out of his FB's. Kolarov and Boateng spend most of their time whiping in crosses and doing endurance training as Mancini always planned for them to be the wide option in a 4-4-2 diamond formation.

If he plans to use Boateng as an RB. Then im very dissappointed. He should be playing as an CB. Not as an RB.

And Mike: Viera really is on big wages. His contract runs to the end of the season and i dont think he will get another one. He is one of the many that are going to be offloaded. I think almoste all of our current loan players will be sold this summer. And it will cut the wage bill VERY much.

And probly SWP and Jo from our current squad will be sold too...idk if anyone else.

Last edited:
Really baffled as to why you need to mention united at all.... and actually he demanded 4th last season

Jealousy perhaps? Jealousy than Man Utd were able to build a team around youngsters that were able to win trophies? Jealous that Man Utd win so many things around a tremondous, long serving manager?

And no I'm not a Man Utd fan. I've just learned to stop hating and being bitter, and just accept, and respect, that Man Utd will have a record that will be unsurpassed for a very long time

the MASSIVE club thing is just a Man U joke thing Mike...Tsk, Nevermind grumpy gus. Actualy i am well aware of Sheikh Mansours 10 year plan. Things were re evaluated when it became aparant that top 4 was a realistic target last season. The target was for 70 points. But the original plan was to be top 4 within 5 seasons. That was my point mate. We are ahead of schedule. Things have been re evaluated because we have progressed quicker than expected.

If he plans to use Boateng as an RB. Then im very dissappointed. He should be playing as an CB. Not as an RB.

And Mike: Viera really is on big wages. His contract runs to the end of the season and i dont think he will get another one. He is one of the many that are going to be offloaded. I think almoste all of our current loan players will be sold this summer. And it will cut the wage bill VERY much.

And probly SWP and Jo from our current squad will be sold too...idk if anyone else.
that is something that needs to happen and it will save you tens of millions