• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester City agree £16m deal to sign Serbian left-back Aleksandar Kolarov from Lazio, BBC Sport understands

More...

turning into a very good group of players (not sure if team would be the right word)
one of the best lb's in the world imo

They have Bridge and they just signed Boateng,why another left back?

and their spending spree continue's,I bet Mancini is having the time of his life getting to spend as much money as he likes on whichever player he wants,I think Man City can make a real fight for the title next season but why another left-back,they already got one of the best in the country in Wayne Bridge

Bye bye Garrido. Another brilliant signing, if it happens.:D

hes good, but not amazing, still better than garrido

They have Bridge and they just signed Boateng,why another left back?

boateng will play rightback

Never seen him play, hopefully he will be a flop when up against Premiership wingers and strikers.

I signed him quite alot on FM09. Had a Riise-Esque shot on him, bullet freekicks.

Only seen him play once or twice in real life, looked good then.
17 million is a tad over the top though.

If they wanted to waste £16m on a left back they could have bought Benoit Assou Ekotto off spurs

If they wanted to waste £16m on a left back they could have bought Benoit Assou Ekotto off spurs
no, because they wanted a left back who is actually decent...

and their spending spree continue's,I bet Mancini is having the time of his life getting to spend as much money as he likes on whichever player he wants,I think Man City can make a real fight for the title next season but why another left-back,they already got one of the best in the country in Wayne Bridge
How is he the best in the country?!? Cole, Zhirkov( Can fit), Evra, Clichy, Assou Ekotto and even Baines are all better than him!

There is too much competition at that club. Players will get peeved off and want to leave. The morale will drop and they will probably end up like last season, settling for Europa league.

Boateng can play central, so I'm guessing thats where he'll play (and where we need cover!!)

I'm 95% sure that he wont play in the centre, and City will sign another centre-back.

Avoyt that left-back discuss, they have Lescott too ;), but sure he will play in center.

There is too much competition at that club. Players will get peeved off and want to leave. The morale will drop and they will probably end up like last season, settling for Europa league.
hardly, players will be leaving, and you always want competition.

"City’s Elite Squad – formerly known as the club’s Reserve side – will kick off their Barclays Premier Reserve League campaign with a home clash with Aston Villa on August 31. "

Ah well, it might keep a few of the dumber ones happy - "Yeah ma, I made it big - I play for the Elite Squad. Nah ma, not on telly. We're too good for that - we're elite."

"City’s Elite Squad – formerly known as the club’s Reserve side – will kick off their Barclays Premier Reserve League campaign with a home clash with Aston Villa on August 31. "

Ah well, it might keep a few of the dumber ones happy - "Yeah ma, I made it big - I play for the Elite Squad. Nah ma, not on telly. We're too good for that - we're elite."
love it. it doesnt matter what you call it, you're still in the reserves

Never seen him play, but team spirit and togetherness is so important, this club isn't going to be able to remember all their first teamers soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back