TomCampbe11

Reaction score
So I've started a new Man United save...

They're only given 14 million at the start of the season following the signing of Mata and the 14.3 update.

I'm playing a 4231 formation with a possibility of playing wingers/inside forwards OR wider (central) playmakers.

For example...
De Gea
Rafael Jones Vidic Evra
Fellaini Carrick
Mata Rooney Kagawa
RVP

-or-

De Gea
Rafael Jones Vidic Evra
Fellaini Carrick
Valencia - - Rooney - - Young
RVP

I was thinking about selling RVP as his value is 35 million and he usually deteriorates pretty quickly. This would give me the advantage of possibly playing a three of Kagawa, Mata and Januzaj (in the top formation) behind Rooney with Welbeck on the bench. I also think I might let Hernandez go and break Angelo Henriquez through. Also considered Volland for his 12.75million buy-out clause with the money I receive, before someone else snaps him up or his stats decrease.

Strikers aren't my problem as we all know. It's as I move backwards through the field.

I'm not a fan of Fellaini, although I'll just deal with him for now. Carrick is getting old but will also last a season or two. Cleverley is poor but he helps with the number of English players. Fletcher is out for 6-8 months so I'll let him go at the end of the season too. So I need one or two central midfielders (BBM, DLP or BWM). Eventually Nick Powell will return and gradually be introduced.

Ashley Young, Valencia and Nani are all poor. I'll probably retrain Januzaj on the left. Zaha is obviously out on loan so I'm very short on the right hand side. So need to invest on the wings.

Evra is old and it's a great opportunity to get him tutoring a younger understudy for a season or two, before he leaves himself. Vidic is leaving on a free at the end of the season. Jones is decent and will be first choice. Rio is old, injury prone, constantly unfit and will most-likely retire at the end of the season. Smalling will only ever be a back up, same with Evans (Although I've seen saves where he's good?). Rafael is my only out-and-out right back. So I need a second choice (preferably young) RB. Defence needs investing in, massively.

Goalkeepers I'm happy with. De Gea is a don and I'm eager to have Sam Johnstone as a back-up. Probably let Lindegaard and Amos go?

So current first team is:

GK:
De Gea
Lindegaard
Amos (U21s)
Johnstone (U21s)

RB:
Rafael

LB:
Evra
Buttner

CB:
Vidic
Jones
Ferdinand
Evans
Smalling
Keane (U21s)

CM:
Carrick
Fellaini
Cleverley
Fletcher
Giggs
Anderson (out on loan)
Nick Powell (out on loan)(U21s)

AMC/CAM:
Mata
Kagawa
Januzaj

AML:
Nani
Young

AMR:
Valencia
Zaha (out on loan)(U21s)

ST:
Rooney
van Persie
Welbeck
Hernandez
Henriquez (out on loan)

I won't list the reserves or U18s but if there are any that you think I should consider, let me know!

The main positions I can see that needs additions are RB, LB, AMR, AML and CM.

Ins and outs?
What are your thoughts? Any advice is much appreciated!

Is Nani downgraded that bad in the latest patch database? He's pretty good in the original DB. Even upon selling RVP, you'll probably have only around 30 Million in the bank. That's hardly enough to cover all positions..

Let's focus on the necessities, unless you want to get youth to all positions to eventually build up the team.

Your main things that need strengthening are RB/LB and CM. If Fellaini/Carrick get long term injuries, you're pretty screwed. As for CB, Evans actually was massive on the earlier patch, so keep him, and give him games.

Try and see if you can get Mattia de Sciglio. Pretty good, young, and can play on both sides. You'll have Buttner as backup's backup on LB anyway, so it shouldn't be that big an issue. Or you can push Smalling to CB, and put Phil Jones as backup RB. He's excellent there. If so, then obviously, try Luke Shaw or Ben Davies for LB. Both are HG, so that should also help.

Since you can actually play Narrow (based on your tactics), I wouldn't focus too much on wings. Unless they're humungously downgraded, Valencia/Young should still get the job done, and you have Nani as cover for both wings, and Buttner can also deputise on the Left Wing. Your focus should mostly be on Narrow, since Mata-Rooney-Kagawa-Januzaj are among the best players you have.

For a CM, it depends on what role you give him. Maybe try Kevin Strootman or Leon Goretzka.

This depends on whether you're keeping your current squad (or mostly Rooney). I usually sell him in the first season, get a huge bunch of money and try to rehaul the squad (Luke Shaw, Pogba and the like.)

I prefer to keep current first team players and invest on youth squad.

I also just started UTD save :)

Out
Evra
Buttner
Cleverely
Giggs
Young
Hernandez

Ins

Ricardo Rodrigez - Wolfsberg - LB
Lucas Romero - Velez - CM
Timo Werner - Stutgart - ST
Maxi Arnold - Wolfsberg - MC/AMC
Juian Brandt - Wolfsberg - AMR/L

Sorry also sold Amos and Lindergaard and promoted Sam Jhonstone, also promoted James Wilson and Andreas Perera.

Is Nani downgraded that bad in the latest patch database?

Yeah Nani's downgraded. His mental attributes are dire.

Try and see if you can get Mattia de Sciglio. Pretty good, young, and can play on both sides.

Milan want upwards of 20million for De Sciglio, believe it or not!

I wouldn't focus too much on wings. Unless they're humungously downgraded, Valencia/Young should still get the job done

Young is poor now, on high wages too. Valencia is one of the worst 1st team players also. Perhaps I'll just have to deal with them for now. I've looked at Hofmann at Dortmund for the right and scouts are recommending Fischer, Griezmann and Muniain, who I'm currently scouting.

For a CM, it depends on what role you give him. Maybe try Kevin Strootman or Leon Goretzka.

Yeah, I'm currently scouting Goretzka. Strootman has only just signed for Roma. I've got a loan deal accepted for Verratti as he doesn't want to sign for me full-time. I'm worried about him becoming expensive during his stay on loan though, making him unrealistic when he returns to PSG. I'm interested in Florenzi, Yacob and Schneiderlin all for quick fix cover too.

This depends on whether you're keeping your current squad (or mostly Rooney)

I'm keeping Rooney, building the team around him. Put RVP on the transfer list and straight away, Barca and Chelsea became interested. 30million asking price, so I'll see what they come in with.

no just no lol valencia is 1 of the best wingers in the game shud of kept him alteast 1 season & u sold rvp and kept rooney i sold rooney barca he floppped while rvp absolutley blew every1 out the water big big mistake that m8

no just no lol valencia is 1 of the best wingers in the game shud of kept him alteast 1 season & u sold rvp and kept rooney i sold rooney barca he floppped while rvp absolutley blew every1 out the water big big mistake that m8

I haven't done anything yet lol. Just seeing what everyone else thinks.

right i tell my 2 pence as an experiened man utd manager :D and also won sucessfully keep ur defence dont buy anyone there bring in de rossi have him tutoring phil jones = 20 determination 16 leadership partner him with carrick sell cleverley anderson
convert welbeck to aml he'll get u 20 goals & 20 assists in a season easy play rvp as poacher hernandez as back up sell rooney at all costs keep nani for 1 season as rotation for valencia mata & januzaj for amc nd bring in shaw when uve done all t he transfers but not shaw yet ask for extra budget or rivals will beat u to key signings and deylll give u around 20 mill extra the board will but dont ask instantly wait till futher into transfer market that will give u a good balance to do u well

I mostly manage United too, and I've found it is highly beneficial to sell Rooney, generally. But if you don't want to, don't, since it is your managerial career.

Welbeck as AML is a good shout, actually, he's better there than as a striker. Shaw/Davies (HG) should be your go-to players for LB (preferably Shaw). If you use a BWM, maybe try Lucas Romero. He should be cheap, and frankly, becomes a monster. Or PApadopoulous even, retrain him to CM BWM and he's a tremendous monster. But I'm not sure of his stats in the latest DB.

what i have found on the new patch is that it`s really hard to get Pogda to Man Utd, they asking for over 90 mil,has anyone had any success? I don`t use wingers now with United as Januzaj,Mata and Rooney behind RVP is great.

what i have found on the new patch is that it`s really hard to get Pogda to Man Utd, they asking for over 90 mil,has anyone had any success? I don`t use wingers now with United as Januzaj,Mata and Rooney behind RVP is great.

I think its really hard to get Pogba to anyone on the latest patch. It took me 2 years of constant praising and bids to get him unsettled and requesting a transfer. Eventually signed him for ?49 million to AS Monaco in the summer of 2015

Last edited:
I could get him to Utd most times before the latest patch for about 40 Mil or cash and Rafael but not anymore

Quick update:

GK:
I let Lindegaard go on a loan-to-buy for 3million - 100% wages.
Amos is still to be sold/loaned out.
Johnstone has been promoted to the first team.

DR:
Rafael is first choice.
Currently in the process of negotiating for Nathaniel Clyne - English, young and good on the 14.3 update.

DL:
Evra is first choice (I'll either renew his contract for one more year or let him go at the end of the season).
Deal going through for Ben Davies for 7million. Evra will tutor him.
Looked at Luke Shaw but his determination is only 9, which I don't really like!
I'll cancel the Ben Davies deal and go for Shaw only if RVP goes. Otherwise, I simply can't afford it!

DC:
Jones and Vidic are first choice. Keen to get Evans playing as it looks like he has good potential. I'll rotate him along with Smalling. Ferdinand I'm thinking about selling or letting him go at the end of the season.

CM:
Carrick and Fellaini will be first choice.
Cleverley is a squad player, same with Fletcher when he's fit (I'll probably sell them both at the end of the season).
Loaned in Marco Verratti on just 50% of his wages. Unfortunately didn't want to sign for me. Cheaper option also.
Bought Lucas Romero for 4.9million as additional cover and gives me the option to play an additional defensive midfielder if I needed too.
Keen to get Nick Powell playing when he returns from loan.
Trying to get Giggs to take on his coaching role full time, if not, he will also be a squad player.
Anderson will be sold when he returns.

AML:
Retraining Januzaj here so he can play both AML and AMC fully.
Can't decide whether to sell Nani or Young. Young is 29 and on 120k a week, but he is English. Also his attributes are more complete than Nani's. Nani is 26 is on 90k but his mental stats are poor. Both are worth 12million.
Plan to have a choice of Januzaj and Young/Nani (only one).

AMR:
Valencia is first choice.
Signed Jonas Hofmann on loan from Dortmund on 50% of his wages for cover. He's young, looks good and was a cheap option.

AMC/CAM:
Depending on what I decide to do with RVP (if RVP goes, I'll play Rooney up-front) Rooney will be first choice.
If Rooney is first choice striker, Mata will be first choice.
Kagawa is back up.
If I play three CAM I'll play Mata and Kagawa either side of Rooney.

ST:
So far RVP hasn't left, so he will be first choice. Undecided on what to do with him. Especially at his value, in the later stages of his career. Otherwise Rooney is first choice.
Welbeck is back up.
I let Hernandez go for 20million.
Tried to sign Volland for his 12.75million buy-out clause, but he didn't want to speak to me.
Timo Werner also refused to speak to me.

I've had a number of players talk to the press saying that "a move to Man United would be too good to turn down", yet they won't even speak to me? Also occurred with Avdijaj at Schalke, who I approached to sign.

Approached to sign a few youngsters for the future, successfully:
Alberto Cerri
Mario Pugliese
Richairo Zivkovic

Last edited:
just fyi - in regards to luke shaw and determination.... this isn't vitally important, as you should have someone tutoring him to increase this as well as other mental and hidden stats.

just fyi - in regards to luke shaw and determination.... this isn't vitally important, as you should have someone tutoring him to increase this as well as other mental and hidden stats.

Yeah I thought that. He's probably unaffordable unless RVP goes. Barca are interested in RVP but they're still to make a bid!

Hey,

I am on a new man u save and would like to sell rooney to fund bringing in some much needed midfield strength.

I'm on 4.3 and am struggling to sell him.

Quick update:
Approached to sign a few youngsters for the future, successfully:
Alberto Cerri
Mario Pugliese
Richairo Zivkovic

iam play united too
in every save i always buy pugliese
but when 14.3 come, Madrid get Pugliese (although i bid in first day play) and cerci prefer renew contract with parma

i also want to sell Young, Cleverley, and RVP also Rooney maybe, but three of them is HG