Man United: Who Should I Sell?

thetrend77

Reaction score
Hey guys, love the site! I was wondering if anyone could give me a few pieces of advice. I just signed Benzema to my Man Utd team and I was wondering which of my strikers I should sell. I'm undecided between Tevez and Berbatov. As of right now, I'm leaning towards Berbatov mostly because Tevez is my leading scorer atm.

And who should I start? Benzema and Rooney? Benzema and Tevez?

Also, I'm looking to replace Scholes. Any suggestions? Thanks for all the help!!

Sell Dimi definately... but really it depends on how you want to play Benzema actually. Benz is not the typical TGM, whereas Dimi is. But still I would sell Dimi if I have to choose between him and Carlos. I bought him too and usually I start with Benzema and Rooney.

You don't have to buy anyone to replace Scholesy actually. Anderson can do the job, but if you have or want to get someone, I would say Joao Moutinho is your man.

sell c.ronaldo and buy davide santon from inter, he is a world class right winger.., I bought him for 3M now he is 20M...he is only 22 now, had some fanstatic goals,,, huge number of crosses.... Start with Benzema and Rooney.., have tevez as backup player... buy simon vinovikic as attacking midfielder... similar quality like stive Gerrard... can score a lot of goals from free kicks..

Thanks for the advice! The main reason I was considering replacing Scholes was b/c I already have a great left attacking mid playmaker in David Silva and figured I could maybe replace Scholesy with a def midfielder or a midfielder that doesn't do forward runs or attack much. Would Moutinho fit that mold?

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

lol i have davide santon too, he's my RWB

sell c.ronaldo and buy davide santon from inter, he is a world class right winger.., I bought him for 3M now he is 20M...he is only 22 now, had some fanstatic goals,,, huge number of crosses.... Start with Benzema and Rooney.., have tevez as backup player... buy simon vinovikic as attacking midfielder... similar quality like stive Gerrard... can score a lot of goals from free kicks..

Sell Ron?? Are you barking mad?? He's United's best player. Santon is a good idea though.

Moutinho is like a deep laying playmaker. Someone closest to Cesc Fabregas. I think it fits your requirements very well. Get some box-to-box midfielders too... Bolzoni and Ignacio Camacho very good youngsters and will be awesome. They can rotate with each other. You should sell Hargo too and get these two players instead.

Sell Ron?? Are you barking mad??

My thoughts exactly haha

Yeah I already sold Hargreaves and Ji-Sung Park (using Nani and Fausto Rossi at LW). Moutinho sounds good then, I'll check him and the other 2 guys out.

sell berbatov, hes lazy and ****** ****!!
I also have santon, cheap and average at first but after a few seaons he is ace, a great assist pplayer

sell berba, he's like 29 anyways so he'll be a old coffin dodger soon lol, joke but sell berba and train karim benzema up!!!

I've targeted Silva one of my next three signings, what season you on and how much did you pay for him? Cos at the mo it looks like he's gonna cost me 80m!!!

Regardless of who i play as i always sign Nani. I play him on the left wing and have him to switch with my right winger. Nine times out of ten he is my top assists player and chips in with 10 goals a season. Kenwyne Jones usually finishes leagues top scorer from Nani's supply. With that i'd be inclined to keep Berbatov and use nani to supply him especially having Ronaldo there to switch wings with.

Over my five years on my current game, ive got rid of everyone but Rooney & Ronaldo....

First season however, Edwin VDSar, Carrick, Hargreaves, Berbatov all went.
Second season was Giggs, Neville, Scholes, Brown!

I feel dirty getting rid of my heroes! But It had to be done! ;)

Over my five years on my current game, ive got rid of everyone but Rooney & Ronaldo....

First season however, Edwin VDSar, Carrick, Hargreaves, Berbatov all went.
Second season was Giggs, Neville, Scholes, Brown!

I feel dirty getting rid of my heroes! But It had to be done! ;)

I know.. I did the same thing... almost that is.

Couldn't let Giggsy leave, so he retired at the start of my 3rd season and became my coach. Neville too. But, I sold O'Shea, Brown, Park, Hargo, Dimi and all the youth/reserve players... and I just sold Erva to Inter Milan, offer was too good too refuse.. 38.5M for 29 year old player, so off he goes. And I got Vargas as the replacement.

I know.. I did the same thing... almost that is.

Couldn't let Giggsy leave, so he retired at the start of my 3rd season and became my coach. Neville too. But, I sold O'Shea, Brown, Park, Hargo, Dimi and all the youth/reserve players... and I just sold Erva to Inter Milan, offer was too good too refuse.. 38.5M for 29 year old player, so off he goes. And I got Vargas as the replacement.

Evra went last year when I got a replacement, O'Shea also went this season for a cool 8m, Nani requested a transfer due to "Achieving all he can at Man UTD" so off he went for 38m and replaced him with Marquinhos!

It breaks my heart to get rid of any players, however the squad is so big it has to be done!

Am keeping the veterans, they're doing a perfect job coming on from the bench, they deserve to finish their careers here!

Foster is becoming unhappy at being my backup keeper so looks like he'll be next to go, and was undecided what to do with Fletcher so sent him out on loan, but looks like he'll be surplus to requirements, so he'll be off soon, Berba's not really doing the business, don't really wanna sell him tho, so we'll see how he performs this season?!

I signed Jagielka due to a number of reasons, firstly he's English, secondly he was born in Manchester and lastly he's a Utd fan! Brought in Adriano due to him being strong in the air, something I was lacking in, but also he's left footed, aswell as Veloso, this all ties in with my set-piece plays which are so valuable! Akinfeev needs no explanation, I'm sure you'll agree, and of course couldn't resist bringing Beckham back to Utd, which turned out to be an awesome signing!

View attachment 3971
View attachment 3972
View attachment 3973

Have targeted Silva as my next signing due to him being a naturally left footed left sided player, and am looking at Villa or Torres as a possible replacement for Berba, ambitious I know, but I've heard Torres becomes available if Liverpool go into administration!

Awesome man, Beckham back to be a Red Devil.. I tried to bring him back, but somehow he didn't want to come back. How much did it cost you to bring him back?

Actually, the original United midfielders have all left except for Carrick, Anderson and Scholes(and he is not playing much either). Foster and Tomas went off in the first season after I bought Asenjo, unhappy with lack of games.

He cost me 5.25m, and a mere 47k per week! And he's still not showing any signs of decline, he's slow so no good out on the wing, but as a midfield playmaker, awesome! Just have to be careful how and when I use him as I don't want him to burn out...

Wes Brown is doing a quality job for me in the RB slot, but he's just keeping it warm for when Rafael can step up to the plate, couldn't resist bringing in Cannavaro especially as he was on a free, just gives that little bit more experience to my CB's and so far he's not let me down.

Have only got the 3 wingers at the moment with Tosic, Nani & Ronaldo, but hopefully Silva will arrive soon... even if I have to break the bank to get him! However, if he's not an option can always promote Fleck up to the 1st Team?! Am juggling my midfield about a bit with having Anderson, Carrick, Hargreaves, Veloso & Beckham, and sometimes drop Rooney into the MCa slot, but next season I'm thinking Beckham is gonna be playing from the bench, so that's sorted!

Up front, got Rooney, Tevez, Berba & Adriano, but having problems with Berba so he might go, plus Welbeck is pushing for a place in the side too, but again, he's not really strong in the air...

Am really having to fight the urge and just go buy a load of world class players like Messi, Kaka, Casillas, Ramos, Essien, Chiellini, etc. but if I can pick up Silva & Torres/Villa that should keep me happy (for now) ;)

Dont sell berbatov or tevez, Berbatov is quality in the game and he scored 32 in 47 in my old man u game and if you sell tevez you dont get the whole transfer fee, sell O'shea and Fletcher you can get 25-30mil between the two of them, sign Lucho Gonzalez from porto or Moutinho from sportng lisbon to replace Scholes

Would it be worth it to train up Ben Foster as a replacement for Van Der Sar? Or should I not even bother and sign someone else?

Would it be worth it to train up Ben Foster as a replacement for Van Der Sar? Or should I not even bother and sign someone else?

I've been thinking that for a while now, but to be honest I think there's better keepers out there, I seem to leak quite a lot of goals when he's in the side, and he's very temperamental, am gonna get shot of him in next transfer window... Van der Sar is still as solid as ever and I've already brought in Akinfeev as a long term replacement, but until he starts speaking English, he's gonna have to be my number two! Will have to have a scout about in the summer for a replacement for Van der Sar tho...

sell fletcher at start of first season offer him to clubs for 30m but only him!!!!
man city will snap him up straight away then buy veloso and thats your squad done for the season you can then sell hargreaves for 12m to city aswell when hes fit also o shea and brown can go you then got a budget of bout 55-60m to use after you got veloso