• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 4K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manchester United has reported an annual pre-tax operating profit of £110.9m.

More...

How have they managed this sorcery?

How have they managed this sorcery?
muahahaha

but seriously, despite all United global pull, its quite staggering really. And its not over yet, the float will put the club in a stronger position too. Glazers are expected to pay some more debt of with part of the money raised by the float (partly because they finally have caught on to the fact it restricts us against the very elite transfers, and partly by strengthening our financial hand now FFP has arrived, the effect in turn of transfers is magnified because of the new rulings)

And this doesnt take into fact the new sponsorships, including the 40m training kit deal

Being the most successful and biggest club in England helps too I would've thought lol

This is the operating profit excluding interest charges. Actual profit in 30 odd million.

This is the operating profit excluding interest charges. Actual profit in 30 odd million.

Operating shows how successful the actual business is though. And £30m isn't too shabby anyway. ;)

Operating shows how successful the actual business is though. And £30m isn't too shabby anyway. ;)

It would be better without the interest though. Lets hope the money from the offer in Singapore is used to pay off the loans.

Have to be honest - for all our "mighter (richer) than thou" attitude, Arsenal suck at Commercial business deals. We went to Asia (Commercial Tour) for the first time in 10+ years this pre-season - usually we just go to Austria for fitness. Utd always go to America and play top-draw teams (like Barca this season) and rake in a ridiculous amount of cash from that, as well as fitness. We clearly haven't cottoned on to the fact we can get BOTH fitness, and cash out of these tours since I personally think our tour failed this season.

Our Emirates deal is ****** awful as well. We were keen to push it through quickly, and ended up getting completely ripped off in a lot of stuff. Kroenke will help with that, though... He's "silent stan" but he has experience in sport and has excellent connections.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Er. What am I thinking?!

What I MEANT to say, was:

"Straight into the Glazer's pockets then!"

It would be better without the interest though. Lets hope the money from the offer in Singapore is used to pay off the loans.
Yes considering the flotation will be worth 684 million; huge part of the debt should be cleared off!

this does not include any money they used for paying of interest on loans, or on any tax they have paid.

Taking into account all of the debts, what does this actually mean?

United are still a massive powerhouse, and will shred FFP. the floatation will bring money to further cut the debt, while strengthening the clubs hand in the market. Glazers finally waking up, although i'm still distrustful of them

It means we have paid off a bit of the debt and the singapore stock flotation money will pay off more debt! (hopefully)

I should note, according to MUST's original hyperbole, we should be about to fold

Mike - stop saying flotation! Reminds me of this...

[video=youtube;bgVOukCddg4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgVOukCddg4[/video]

Being the most successful and biggest club in England helps too I would've thought lol
Actually, we (Liverpool) are the most successful! ;) But yeah, I get what you mean. They are the current 'most successful and biggest club in England'. It's a tidy profit and United should be happy with it.

And about the Glazers: look on the bright side, at least they let you spend some money (Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia, Nani, Anderson, David De Gea, Phil Jones, etc.) unlike some other owners (our previous ones included).

Actually, we (Liverpool) are the most successful! ;) But yeah, I get what you mean. They are the current 'most successful and biggest club in England'. It's a tidy profit and United should be happy with it.

And about the Glazers: look on the bright side, at least they let you spend some money (Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia, Nani, Anderson, David De Gea, Phil Jones, etc.) unlike some other owners (our previous ones included).

You were the most successful ;)

Football records in England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back