Man Utd in £110.9m annual profit

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 4K
more of a gamble on SAF keeping us competitive.

This. The debt that was wiped off earlier this year is still from an unknown source as well AFAIK. If this was their plan the whole time, it would have helped a great deal to make some sort of communication about it, and whatever way you cut it they still burdened us with the debt. The Singapore flotation isn't a solution it just helps, they're getting rid of some of the shares and reducing the debt by doing that, which is just putting us back in a position we could have been in with owners that didn't put £800m of debt on the club. Yes, they're not the worse owners on the world, and they (we) are fortunate the on-pitch success carried in, and it would seem we managed to escape from the whole ordeal relatively unscathed, but it could have been worse and there's still reason why fans are wary of them.

They wouldnt have bought such a huge business and maybe lost all their money if they didnt have a plan. What ever you say its working and if it was me who backed the g&g campain i would feel embarrased and a little ashamed with myself.

Just because it worked doesn't make it a good plan, and just because United are making a profit doesn't make them good owners. They've done some good things - they've expanded United abroad to an even greater degree, for example - but that's mixed with the bad, the debts they placed on the club. United would likely have been making profits even without the Glazers, it's just a matter of degrees. Whether they would've made more or less without the Glazers is open to debate, but the Glazers risked it big and luckily for them Ferguson continues to be one of the greatest managers of all time. Any other manager and it probably would've fallen to pieces. Whether that was reckless or a calculated gamble is again open to discussion.

Carl dont talk about Glazer as saints, because they are far from it. But neither are they (so far) blood sucking club destroyers.

They sit somewhere firmly in the middle, endlessly silent. And thats's uncomfortable for any balanced United fan, G&G or otherwise

But they are proving people wrong are they not??

Depends on what aspect you're talking about. On some points they are, on some they aren't. It's not as black and white as you're suggesting.

For the talk against the Glazers, it could be a lot ******* worse, Bates and Carson Yeung, Hicks and Gillett etc

Oops, missed this. Agreed totally. So many Villa fans moan about Randy Lerner now, it's unbelievable. The man cuts costs and refuses to give MON a huge great transfer budget to waste, and the fans complain about lack of spending because he's balancing the books?

Some people don't know what they've got until they've lost it...

Oops, missed this. Agreed totally. So many Villa fans moan about Randy Lerner now, it's unbelievable. The man cuts costs and refuses to give MON a huge great transfer budget to waste, and the fans complain about lack of spending because he's balancing the books?

This is where i really dislike MUST. instead of educating the fans on this, they just started scaremongering instead

For the talk against the Glazers, it could be a lot ******* worse, Bates and Carson Yeung, Hicks and Gillett etc

please don't mention Bates it makes me sad :'(

Fans are like whores and the chairman is like a sugar daddy. They all love the money being thrown around, and then go ape when it dries up, and lack the foresight to see how much worse it could be for them.

he shouldnt be allowed near a football club, its a disgrace

I appreciate that he did pretty much save the club but enough is enough. He even put us back into administration! We are making a profit (admittingly thanks to him not giving into player wage demands but this can only go so far), have huge ticket prices, huge numbers turning up despite ticket prices and just sold one of our best players for multi millions (apparently) and he still doesn't invest in the club! So annoyed! Probably spends it all on new yachts!

I appreciate that he did pretty much save the club but enough is enough. He even put us back into administration! We are making a profit (admittingly thanks to him not giving into player wage demands but this can only go so far), have huge ticket prices, huge numbers turning up despite ticket prices and just sold one of our best players for multi millions (apparently) and he still doesn't invest in the club! So annoyed! Probably spends it all on new yachts!

He's riding on the fact that he "saved" the club, to now practically milk it

Well they done ok this season spending over 50million didnt they?? They are writting off all Utd's debts which is much more important in the long run.
This season. They occasionally spend a bit of cash, but that's because they have it - if you make massive profits why not? After the sale of Ronaldo, they only spend £20m (I think?) that season. Not slating Chelsea, but you never really sell to buy, whereas United sometimes have to to pay back the enormous debts.

He's riding on the fact that he "saved" the club, to now practically milk it

it really is quite annoying. If you bad mouth Bates then someone just turns round and says he 'saved the club'. that doesn't mean he's perfect!

Fans are like whores and the chairman is like a sugar daddy. They all love the money being thrown around, and then go ape when it dries up, and lack the foresight to see how much worse it could be for them.

This is why I don't want Usmanov anywhere near Arsenal. OK, Kroenke is nicknamed "Silent Stan" and it's annoying he hasn't really spoken to the fans yet (despite steadily increasing his shares still) but his previous experience - and relationship with Wenger - leads me to trust him a **** of a lot more than Usmanov who is seen as a Sugar-Daddy by a lot of people who don't realise that he wouldn't be investing his own cash, but our hard-earned cash to milk the dividends (which we don't pay at the moment).

This is where i really dislike MUST. instead of educating the fans on this, they just started scaremongering instead

AST do the same - Tim Payton (head of AST) is possibly the most annoying Arsenal fan ever. He seems to just use his position to criticise the board non-stop on twitter when really he should be backing us and keeping any issues he has between the AST and the board, rather than ranting about it on twitter to get more followers.

Apparently he's actually a decent guy (from someone who knows him quite well) but he does have a bit of reputation on twitter. He was also quoted (apparently wrongly...) by the BBC saying that Arteta and Mertseacker were a "cheap Mata and Jagielka" :/

he shouldnt be allowed near a football club, its a disgrace

You know he banned​ the Guardian from Elland Road? Lolz.

Back