stuieg1

Reaction score
I an looking forward to the release of the new patch and starting a new save with man utd but was wondering how they would be affected in the update obviously they will be strengthened with the signing of mata but with players like evra, vidic, ferdinand, cleverly all been poor would there ca drop, and will u be given a transfer budget to rebuild the squad like moyes is reported to have?

Doubt they will change much, it's the same team that won by 15 points.
they look like they are lacking confidence and motivation which comes partly from the manager and from winning games, rather than suddenly lost their level of skill.

^Better explained as "low morale" in this game, it's hard to turn around a bad run. I have always thought some of United players are slightly over rated (Like Smalling, Cleverley, etc) but I'm a Chelsea fan so I'm bound to think that. Doubt there will be much change though, but it depends on SI so we can't predict.

I don't think you'll get large budget to rebuild the squad until next summer.

^Better explained as "low morale" in this game, it's hard to turn around a bad run. I have always thought some of United players are slightly over rated (Like Smalling, Cleverley, etc) but I'm a Chelsea fan so I'm bound to think that. Doubt there will be much change though, but it depends on SI so we can't predict.

As a lifetime Manchester United fan, I can tell you that partialy, your thoughts were correct. We knew we didn't have a world class team for a couple of years now, the factor that "lifted up" their abilities so strongly was named Sir Alex Ferguson. :)

Maybe I'm off the mark, but perhaps Fergie saw the writing on the wall with the squad and felt there was only so much more he could get out of his team without some major investment, which may be difficult with the current owners etc. and got out at the right time.

Maybe I'm off the mark, but perhaps Fergie saw the writing on the wall with the squad and felt there was only so much more he could get out of his team without some major investment, which may be difficult with the current owners etc. and got out at the right time.

I agree to some extent, but I'm 100% sure that the current squad would still be doing a lot better with SAF than with any other manager in the world.

I can only think of 1 player who is overrated - Cleverley (both IRL and in-game). The rest you think are overrated (like Smalling) are just inconsistent because United are playing them in different positions.
We'll be back challenging for the title if Moyes gets Kroos/Carvalho and Mangala - and a new left-back - before the World Cup.

With that in mind i will probly look to sign varane to replace the out going vidic, and fabregas for quality in center mid, maybe shaw end of 1st season or straight away depending on his ca and my transfer budget

With that in mind i will probly look to sign varane to replace the out going vidic, and fabregas for quality in center mid, maybe shaw end of 1st season or straight away depending on his ca and my transfer budget

That's if you're trying to mirror real life.
You can easily last with the original team for atleast 3 years on FM.

Any answers now?. As i have not played the update yet

I've just started a new save post update. So far I've gone unbeaten in pre-season and in the first two games of the season. I've noticed Ferdiand is worse but that's no surprise Janazui is much improved. I've been playing with a 4-2-3-1 formation. The transfer budget is around ?12 million but with Fellani and Mata signed it is hardly surprising, however I've managed to sign Shaw (?15million + Young and sold Buttener to Stoke). Although the team is unbeaten the performances haven't been outstanding but like previous posts have stated this is a team in transition. Don't expect miracles.

Thanks for reply, shaw deal seems a cracking deal Especially as he would have improved on update

I've signed shaw, doria and fierro, sold hernandez:'( and young :D and loaned out Nani and valencia since I'm not going to use wingers often. But the board has blocked my ability to adjust my budget even though I'm 500k under my wage budget, just as I was about to sign Khedira for under 10 million :mad:

Anyone know the star ratings current and potential, at start of game using new patch for ferdinand, evra, cleverly, adnan, mata, carrick, vidic and fellaini? I dont think any of the others should have changed too much

After 3 league games I have
Ferdinand 2.5
Evra 3
Cleverly 2.5 with 3.5 potential
Januzaj 2.5 with 4.5 potential
Mata 4 although he was 4.5 right at the start of the game, he got injured during preseason for me
Carrick 4
Vidic 3.5 although he was 4 at the start, I'm using him as rotation, because he's leaving on a free
Fellaini 3.5

So i think within 2 season u would probly need more or less a new squad, similar to real life, which i like because on last patch, u could have got away with not making signings first couple of seasons

Yes, I'd recommend a couple of CB's as well as a complete new set of wingers if you're going to use them. The good news is Reus will now join from the start if you meet his 29.5m pound release clause

There will definately be a big change round in staff over the summer for my save especially in the defensive and midfield departments. Ferdy, Vidic and Cleverly will be going. Evra will stay but only so he can tutor Shaw. Hopefully I will be able to get rid of Bebe, Anderson, and Macheda in the winter window to generate a bit of cash for a defensive signing.