Man Utd suffer double injury blow

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 4K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United winger Nani will miss Saturday's game with Wolves because of a groin injury and Darren Fletcher may also be sidelined.

More...

Bad news, Fletcher is a class player and Nani has been outstanding this season

We have delt with our injurys so its time to see how utd can deal with theirs.

It's a blow but it's not the end of the world, United will cope.

We have delt with our injurys so its time to see how utd can deal with theirs.
er...we already have injuries and are dealing with them (rooney giggs valencia to name the big ones)

Nani and Fletcher are bigger players for Utd these days then them 3.

Nani and Fletcher are bigger players for Utd these days then them 3.
these days? dont try and deflect it, rooney is our best player. giggs is our best left winger, and valencia had the most assists last season. at the end of the day, we are coping with injuries, like we tend to do year in year out

Just my opinion, i think that Nani and Fletcher are Utd biggest performers at the moment.

For me these 2 players are excellent every week for Utd. And the other 3 arn't

at the time of their injuries, they were our best forward and our two best wingers peforming week in week out. In fact i remember you saying how we would miss valencia and rooney, so what are you talking about? the rest of the side stepped up and will do so again. honestly its tiring when you always make snide comments

Rooney was one of United's best players last season, his form dropped badly at the World Cup and he's had personal problems and he turned into a bit of a ***** with the contract thing but he was brilliant. Valencia was immense last season aswell, without him Rooney wouldn't of scored as many goals, and generally Valencia proved alot of people wrong who doubted he was worth all that money. Giggs is just generally quality, he's so consistent and reliable and he was superb last season aswell in my opinion, which I'm sure quite a few will agree with. Valencia got injured early on this season for the long term, Rooney's had problems in all sorts of different ways, and Giggs is getting very old and more and more injury prone.

All this just adds up to give some of the other players chances to shine, Nani and Fletcher have taken those chances but it's not like Fletcher is playing any better than he was while those other 3 weren't injured, but I agree on Nani, he has been amazing.

Well yeah because the other 'big performers' are injured lol?

Fletcher has been one of the most consistent players for us in the last couple of seasons . He would be an important player even if all the others are fit .

Nani has improved greatly in the last 10 months or so and he looks to have stepped up to becoming a decent replacement for Ronaldo . So he too is obviously a huge loss . I am sure that most of the other big teams would love having these two in their lineup and coupled with the recent injury problems , losing these two is definitely not something we needed at this point and time .

I just feel that Utd can and have dealt with losing Rooney, Valencia and Giggs. But Nani and Fletcher on the other hand give the side so much at the moment. If you were playing Chelsea and we had a choice of what players we could have miss the game i would rather it be Nani and Fletcher.

This is how i would start on saturday:
VDS
Rafael-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra
Obertan-Scholes-Carrick-Park
Chicharito-Berba

Last edited:
I just feel that Utd can and have dealt with losing Rooney, Valencia and Giggs. But Nani and Fletcher on the other hand give the side so much at the moment. If you were playing Chelsea and we had a choice of what players we could have miss the game i would rather it be Nani and Fletcher.
those three provided the majority of our goals and assists last season, and like you said we dealt with it. we lost nani last night but park game on and we cranked it up second half. you never want to lose players like that but we can deal with it(which was my inital point). chances are we will stay 4-2-3-1, and park will protect from the front and allow carrick and scholes to dictate (exactly like last night)

Man Utds central midfield pairings are always worth a question mark. Who's likely to start instead of Fletch?

Back