Man Utd to sign Belgian teenager

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United are on the verge of signing Belgian teenager Adnan Januzaj from Belgian club Anderlecht.

More...

omg, I thought it was lukaku.

anyways, hope he develops well.

Heard about this a few days ago...

Don't know much about him so can't comment - but I hope he turns out to be good!

ZOMG oneunited is back :S

On topic - Wow Belgium really has a bright future!

never heard of him, should be good if Man Utd sign him at any rate I would expect

never heard of him, should be good if Man Utd sign him at any rate I would expect

Yeah but they did the same with Mats Daelhi and he has turned out to be disappointing, well tbh I am trusting FM on that one but Bebe and Obertan have definitely been poor signings by Man U

Yeah but they did the same with Mats Daelhi and he has turned out to be disappointing, well tbh I am trusting FM on that one but Bebe and Obertan have definitely been poor signings by Man U

Well maybe thats why we keep signing, cause you never know, another CR7 could be around the corner and one of those is worth all the money we waste on talent that never develops

Well maybe thats why we keep signing, cause you never know, another CR7 could be around the corner and one of those is worth all the money we waste on talent that never develops

Yeah that makes sense, and I have next to no doubt that he is gonna be a great player in a few years, I am just saying that there has been a few players who haven't lived up to expectations

Yeah that makes sense, and I have next to no doubt that he is gonna be a great player in a few years, I am just saying that there has been a few players who haven't lived up to expectations

yeah no doubt about that, plenty rotting in our reserves i wont deny that

Davide Petrucci, Macheda, Diouf, Will Keane, all look like great talents

Nobody really knew about Mats Daelhi until it was announced that United where going to sign him. Could be why he isn't great. But someone who is described as a bit of "Xavi and a bit of Messi" must be good.

On topic, It's good to see United looking towards the future still. Would prefer it if United were focusing more on British talent, but still looking good for us in the future.

Yess!! This deal has finally gone through. This kid is supposed to be the new Beckham, he's going to be the highest paid u.18 we have at 120k per year. He's supposed to be a real top talent.

We're going to be the next football super power! Muahahaha.

Off Topic - My dad was in the Anderlecht Academy when he was a youngster in the 50s/60s, and went on to play for KV Mechelen & K.V.V Oostdunkirke.

The pressure to succeed at United is immense and it often gets to youngsters.

The pressure to succeed at United is immense and it often gets to youngsters.

Fergie will keep him right. Always gets the best out of youngsters with his man management

Am I missing something here?
Mats Daehli is that 16 year old from Norway we signed?
As far as i'm aware he hasn't played a game at any level for united, that the club release information on. He might have played an U-16 game but the club don't release any information about the U-16's.
So how have you come the the conclusion that he's been disappointing?

Last edited:
Am i missing something here?
Mats Daehli is that 16 year old from Norway we signed?
As far as i'm aware he hasn't played a game at any level for united, that the club release information on. He might have played an U-16 game but the club don't release any information about the U-16's.
So how have you come the the conclusion that he's been disappointing?

Because FM is the source of all footballing player knowledge.