rommelstein

Reaction score
Now I bet this isnt the first, nor the last topic about how to ''Manage like The Special One'' but, I would like to ask a bit more evolved questions than ''short or direct, fluid or rigid'' etc.

Now what I am wondering is how I can implement his so called ''Us-against-the-world'' tactics that he has. Basically, how to make the team so disliked, so hated that their morale will be strong as steel and they will fight for what shirt they are wearing.

I am also wondering how he is ACTUALLY playing. 4-5-1? 4-3-3? And stuff like that. What settings would Mourinho use if he was playing FM? Go on and discuss now!

As jamie said, im also working on one,and also a united one that they use in europe which is a 4-3-3.

Last edited:
Could somebody arrive to something ? Ive also been working on a tactc, but with irregular results.

Well my best guess would be that you have to put the game 2 bed in the first half and smack your oponents awake in the second half...
Try using 2 tactical stages:One with a slow-paced direct 2 foot retain-possesion-in-midfield build and the other with a deadly counter setting..
About the SpecialOne off the pitch behaviour...I would say you have to tell you will play one way and play entierly differently,to use mind games and etc...go try it

Anyone actually made a successful Mourinho tactic yet then ?

I Have made a 51 tactics pack with all formations based on Mourinho's style of play if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I guess tackling,time wasting and defensive mentality would be on full

how can u say that mourinho plays defensively that is ludicrous

Mourinho primarily plays a 4-3-1-2, he likes the attacking midfielder to be reasonably creative, and the full backs attack more, usually because of the full backs hes had available

Its in the downloads section
use the WoIfsong team talks for them as well Type it in google cant remember link Jp woody made a thread about it if you search

Be as boring and unexciting as possible usually works

If someone makes such a tactic it would be very useful in knockout competitions, because it gets a lot of draws and narrow wins and very rarely loses. But I think most people prefer to win with style.

FM doesnt have deep enough player or media interaction to make an 'us against the world' mentality run through your squad. You may be able to achieve it with a few players who have either been with you for a long time or have strong mental stats (both hidden and visible stats) but to get a whole squad to follow you like Mourinho does IRL is not possible.

The defensive counter attacking tactcis previously linked seem the most appropriate. See tonights final; less possession, less shots, but they came out 2-0 winners.

Last edited: