Managers Wage

Jakebcfcsotv

Reaction score
What the **** is the point in having a wage? You can't spend it on anything so it's pointless.

I've just been offered the Norwich job on 25k a week i'm currently on 3k a week at Blackpool. Were both in the Premier League and i'm higher, Most managers would take that oppourtunity with the extra wage etc.

There needs to be something you can spend that wage on else it's the most pointless thing on the game.

What do you guys think and suggest?

I remember this one time I played the fifa manager, it was 07 I think, you could buy cars and houses, could even invite your president for a golf game.

So, would you like to be able to purchase a Mazzeratti?
The wage is symbolic.

I think you should be able to re invest in in your favourite club. Back in the early days of total club manager I used to play with big teams and by the time im 50 or so I would have close to 100M. Then join my local club and pump that money into them and make them a superpower.

I think you should be able to re invest in in your favourite club. Back in the early days of total club manager I used to play with big teams and by the time im 50 or so I would have close to 100M. Then join my local club and pump that money into them and make them a superpower.

Good idea.

There's a million possibilities you could spend that wage on.

For instance in real life Chris Hughton paid 150k out of his own money ( In installments ) to sign Wade Elliot for Birmingham.

There's one example of where the money could go.

What the **** is the point in having a wage? You can't spend it on anything so it's pointless.

I've just been offered the Norwich job on 25k a week i'm currently on 3k a week at Blackpool. Were both in the Premier League and i'm higher, Most managers would take that oppourtunity with the extra wage etc.

There needs to be something you can spend that wage on else it's the most pointless thing on the game.

What do you guys think and suggest?

Just treat it as your 'Status' in the game and try and become the highest paid manager in the world :)

My boss told me she plays on-line poker with fake cash and was quite pleased that she was approaching $1 million virtual dollars in her bank. I told her I was making $175,000 per week as manager of Arsenal (FM 2012). Game, Set, Match.

I make $0 a week... From the day I started at Heather St Johns, from Amateur to Pro, for over 30 years, I still make $0 per week.

KevArker:1693976 said:
I make $0 a week... From the day I started at Heather St Johns, from Amateur to Pro, for over 30 years, I still make $0 per week.

talk about commitment.

Talk about bordem.

You've spent 30 years at a team? An amatuer team at that as well!!
I admire you perseverance and loyalty. My longest is 8 years at one club and **** me I simmed the last 3 years ( Except for transfer windows )

Things that we can do with wages:
We should be able to use our wage to attend training (managerial skill) sessions.
Motivational skills - Better Team Talks.
Communication skills - Better private conversation results, Better reaction from Press Talks, Convincing a player to sign or stay.
Trading skills - Transfer negotiation advantage.
Attacking, Defending, Set Piece Coaching - Better in-game performance in relation to our manager's attribute rating.

I've always though that our virtual selves should have an attribute page. It will add another dimension to FM although o
f course, the numbers should be tweaked accordingly so it wouldn't be game breaking.

Wages do have a purpose

They boost your reputation and make you harder to fire.

The board will be far less likely to fire you if they have to pay a huge fee rather than if they could get rid of you for free.

I was on £86,000 a week for my first year at Arsenal, I entered the obligatory renewal talks last night and asked for £22,000 a week as part of my new deal to free up more budget to invest on players and reduce the club's wage bill.

Talk about bordem.

You've spent 30 years at a team? An amatuer team at that as well!!
I admire you perseverance and loyalty. My longest is 8 years at one club and **** me I simmed the last 3 years ( Except for transfer windows )

Funny that, just at the end of season... I got sacked.
Club was taken over by some ********, and he got me sacked haha.
Took up manager for Blackburn now. They're my favourite club but but they finished 17th nPower League 1 :O

Wages do have a purpose

They boost your reputation and make you harder to fire.

The board will be far less likely to fire you if they have to pay a huge fee rather than if they could get rid of you for free.

This..........., it makes your job more secure.

Last edited:
Things that we can do with wages:
We should be able to use our wage to attend training (managerial skill) sessions.
Motivational skills - Better Team Talks.
Communication skills - Better private conversation results, Better reaction from Press Talks, Convincing a player to sign or stay.
Trading skills - Transfer negotiation advantage.
Attacking, Defending, Set Piece Coaching - Better in-game performance in relation to our manager's attribute rating.

I've always though that our virtual selves should have an attribute page. It will add another dimension to FM although o
f course, the numbers should be tweaked accordingly so it wouldn't be game breaking.
Also, when coaching in foreign countries you can pay for language lessons so you can communicate with your team better, e.g. better reactions in team-talks/meetings???

i always lower the wage offered to me to free up extra cash for other staff. The wage offered me always seemed pointless... they should come up with a way for it to be used.

i always lower the wage offered to me to free up extra cash for other staff. The wage offered me always seemed pointless... they should come up with a way for it to be used.

i always do the same

Job Security is an important aspect of the salary, but I always negotiate for the highest I can get for purely realism purposes. It is terribly unrealistic to request 20K less a week then what your board offers you.

SI woudl have a very tough time implementing a way to directly spend your wages anyway. Having briefly dabbled with another Football Management Sim that shall not be named (I know I am so sorry!) which has this feature it is more annoying then anything and completely unrealistic anyway.

I've always though that our virtual selves should have an attribute page. It will add another dimension to FM although of course, the numbers should be tweaked accordingly so it wouldn't be game breaking.

I've thought about this before too, I think it'd be great :)
The handheld version used to (Might still do, I don't know) have a very basic version of this!

Back