Managing Dreams - My Journey Into the World of Football

Congrats on the trophies, and best of luck in Switzerland!

Also best of luck to Wrexham, they'll need it with Paul Ince...

View attachment 246967
Managing Dreams Chapter III: Alpine Season

View attachment 246966
Well it looks quite cozy here I am a fan of older architecture (especially Renaissance and Victorian) and despise the look of most modern cities so I suppose its a natural fit for me. Schaffhausen orSchafuuse as the locals call it in their own dialect of german. It will take a while for me to get used to the language but it shouldn't be too hard to buy some bread by pointing at things. Some people around here speak english but not nearly as many as there would be if I was closer to the capital. There is also the odd portuguese immigrant pretty much everywhere that I can speak with.

View attachment 246965
The staff were quick to show me their three lower division trophies. I was less than impressed but smiled and pretended to agree that it was impressive. I suppose its better than nothing but even Wrexham had twice as many titles at very least.

View attachment 246964
Alright turns out we don't have much of squad, literally. I mean look at that there is only ONE center back...*sighs* And the players that we do have are mediocre at best. Now I know why we are the 2nd favorites for relegation, and I can't even imagine how bad the other team must be. Maybe they don't have a goalkeeper? Who knows! What I do know is that I am gonna need to make the most of my miniscule transfer budget and and try to get dozens of loaned players.

View attachment 246963
View attachment 246962
View attachment 246961
Alright at least we have a senior affiliate. On the other hand our facilities are precarious and our debt staggering. Yet the board assures me the finances are "okay". Yeah sure I wouldn't be surprised if we go bankrupt before the end of the season.

Good luck mate - certainly looks like a challenge!

View attachment 246887
Alright new coaching license, can't say I feel I've learned much from it but you know how these things work. Paperwork is everything nowadays. The board also agreed to help me get the next one. No rest for managers.

View attachment 246886
Alright...normally I wouldn't be distracted by other things but this is..."interesting" I suppose. Chelsea sacked him after they finished the season in 5th place but apparently United saw this as an opportunity to get him.

Meanwhile...

View attachment 246884
View attachment 246876

Got a decent player on loan from the Grasshoppers (what an awkward name who wants to be called a Grasshopper?). Still no second center back though, meaning we will have to place someone else at that position for our first friendly match. *sighs*. At least I am getting twice as much money as I did at Wrexham.

View attachment 246883
Alright I am suprised..and in a good way. Not bad at all for an away match, zero tactical familiarity, and lack of players in our defence. (and pretty much no one on the bench to replace them) Decent performance, maybe things won't be quite so bad?

View attachment 246878
View attachment 246874
Our first big arrival a young goalkeeper from Juve (who have been surprisingly pleased with my proposals) with great potential. He will immediately replace our keeper on the first team.

View attachment 246873
A great match against Old Boys (thankfully not the much much stronger Argentinian team I am familiar with) who play in Switzerland lower leagues. Our defence was weak but that was to be expected but I am pleased with our speed and attack.

View attachment 246871
View attachment 246866

An excellent defender (also from Juve) , perfect to fill in our vacant position. Now we can start calling ourselves a team.

View attachment 246865

View attachment 246863
A new gun for our little arsenal. A few more signings and I will be confident that we will fight not to avoid relegation but to win promotion and the title. Milan also proved to be generous with its excess of players.

View attachment 246859View attachment 246858
Feeling pretty proud of myself right now and perhaps a little bit overconfident. But I believe we will smash everyone this season. We aren't even paying anything for these players.

View attachment 246853
View attachment 246851
My fellow brazilian may have some flaws sure but he is a solid defender. Besides he was availiable for free so...

View attachment 246850
View attachment 246849
I can't imagine why Sion sold this player to us for such a low price. No one will hear me complaining though. Our squad is looking formidable now and all we need is some extra training before the season starts.

Seems like some good signings there, although strangely I'm not too aware of the standard of Swiss 2nd tier football haha

Good luck for the coming season, if you can repeat the job you done at Wrexham then I'm sure you'll do well there!

Seems like some good signings there, although strangely I'm not too aware of the standard of Swiss 2nd tier football haha

Good luck for the coming season, if you can repeat the job you done at Wrexham then I'm sure you'll do well there!

2nd tier swiss football seems to be on English League 2/lower League 1 level.

View attachment 246773A fantastic start for our season with a great victory against our fiercest rivals Winterthur. Bring Gianmario from A.C Milan proved to be a wise move as he absolutely destroyed their defences. It was also very satisfying since their manager said there was no way we wouldn't be relegated this season. Aside from that attendances in this league are much lower than in the Conference but at least our little germanic crowd seems quite passionate and supportive.

View attachment 246770
And now we crushed our 2nd rivals in another extraordinarily good game. Sadly however Gianmario is out for two weeks...it could have been worse though and at least we are not lacking strikers.

View attachment 246766
An unexpectedly hard victory against FC Locarno who are the favorites for relegation. I am starting to believe the sports media here isn't very good because they played much better than our previous opponents. Beretta however was on fire and and scored 3 times.

View attachment 246763
Yay....

View attachment 246762
View attachment 246761
Much like most of our loan players he ain't exactly a star but has decent potential which is more than what we have around here.

View attachment 246760
A pretty bad match all around, we completely dominated the game and yet failed to make that count. Its still a victory I suppose and reminds me of my time at the Racecourse Ground. Not in a good way though.

View attachment 246758
Meh...we won again though we were pretty bad. The lads were nervous and comitted a ton of mistakes. The stats look better than the actual game.

View attachment 246757
Why am I not surprised that the team never did this well before?

View attachment 246756
5 consecutive victories on the league and a 4 point lead over the title favorites FC Thun. Things are looking good for us and the media is going mad trying to understand what is happening according to what my staff tells me. (I still can't understand a word around here).

Doing great mate - some of those loan signings look awesome for that level!

""

View attachment 245382
Well we really are smashing it aren't we? We anihilated title favorites FC Thun in their own stadium. Sure they got two men sent away but we were already winning so it just made things easier. Comi was magnificent in this match. If we keep going like this its just gonna be a matter of time before we win the league.

View attachment 245378
View attachment 245377
We are breaking all sorts of records apparently both for the league and the club itself.

View attachment 245380

Good riddance. The boy had some talent but absolutely no professionalism. To think he came to me complaining about "lack of games" when the season just started and he played through half of the games! I don't have the patience to tolerate rubbish like that.

View attachment 245376
Acceptable I guess. It should have been better considering how we played but ultimately we won and Biel-Bienne really did make the most of their few opportunities.

View attachment 245374
Another fantastic victory. Tadic made all the assists and we wasted nothing. Lausanne was really laughably bad in this game. 3 points and our series of victories goes on.

View attachment 245371
With a 15 days break now I rest and enjoy the praise for my work. We are comfortably ahead of everyone else and have absolutely nothing to worry about. The Swiss Cup may be more of a challenge than the "Challenge" League for us but we have drawn a lower division team for first match so I feel very confident.

Overall it has been very satisfying but too easy. I can't help but find myself looking forward to what may come after the season ends.

View attachment 245307
View attachment 245304
This was unexpected but very pleasant. Servette hired football legend Zidane as their manager and I totally beat him!! I didn't ever expect in my wildest dreams to even the man. Despite the big defeat he congratulated me for the victory and we even spoke briefly. I've never been much of a fanboy in my life but **** that was awesome! I look forward to meeting him again.

View attachment 245303A decent win despite our terrible performance. Seriously we were atrocious, yet our lower division opponent managed to be even worse. At least we didn't lose I guess...

View attachment 245298
An average performance against our weak and relegation threatened rivals. We won and shut up their crappy manager (who basically said we sucked before the match) which is all I could care about.

View attachment 245295
Great match, terrible discipline. I can't even begin to imagine why they thought violence would be needed in a tremendously easy game like this. Pol Garcia was particularly atrocious and got sent off.

View attachment 245294
And again...I don't know wheter to congratulate the lads or be mad. They are winning fantastically but commiting so many fouls...I'll do both I guess be harsher in instilling discipline and congratulate them for their skill.

View attachment 245293
The fans are confident of our chances against Super League side St.Gallen in Swiss Cup...all I can say is maybe. Sure they are currently at the bottom of the league but I am rather surprised that they expect me to beat them considering we are the 2nd biggest underdogs of our own league...I guess things changed once I got here though. I gotta get used to high expectations now.