Manchester City vs. Manchester United - 30.04.2012

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 216
  • Views Views 16K
I know you don't think it but if you were to then it would be your choice to..

I'm sure some are ''tyre stealing chavs'' yes lol

I wasnt asking about some, i was asking about all. Which would also mean you.

After all, by your logic, because some people are one thing, everyone else must all be that thing too.

Because his touch makes Kuyt look like Messi, positioning can make Luiz look like a God and his ball playing ability makes Skrtel look like Beckenbauer. He's basically surrounded by 9 players who are better going forwards than him, I'd rather him stick to his job and just defend. In my opinion. :)

He no doubt has massive potential, but I'd rather him work on making his defensive play top quality than add fancy parts to his play he simply isn't suited to.

I totally agree with that, i'd rather him work on making him defensive play top quality but i like what he can add going forward, he does have alot to improve though.

Because his touch makes Kuyt look like Messi, positioning can make Luiz look like a God and his ball playing ability makes Skrtel look like Beckenbauer. He's basically surrounded by 9 players who are better going forwards than him, I'd rather him stick to his job and just defend. In my opinion. :)

He no doubt has massive potential, but I'd rather him work on making his defensive play top quality than add fancy parts to his play he simply isn't suited to.

And of course it's good that he can be versatile. In the same way Carrick can play CB, but I wouldn't recognise him as a CB, nor will I properly recognise Jones as a CM, just a useful option.

Indeen, probably a better footballer than Smalling, but not a better defender, certainly not now anyway.

Indeen, probably a better footballer than Smalling, but not a better defender, certainly not now anyway.

With Jones, Smalling, Evans, Rafael, De Gea and if Fabio can develop from his loan move as much as other youngsters have recently, our defence is sorted for the next 10 years.

With Jones, Smalling, Evans, Rafael, De Gea and if Fabio can develop from his loan move as much as other youngsters have recently, our defence is sorted for the next 10 years.

Fabio is the only one whose development i'm concerned about, needs regular playing time.

Different types of defender. Even their stats show it: Jones has made more tackles and interceptions, but Smalling was won more offsides, made more clearances, blocked more shots and been dribbled less. It's a classic case of a stopper-cover partnership. That said, Smalling's obviously a better player at what he does than what Jones is at what he does.

Different types of defender. Even their stats show it: Jones has made more tackles and interceptions, but Smalling was won more offsides, made more clearances, blocked more shots and been dribbled less. It's a classic case of a stopper-cover partnership. That said, Smalling's obviously a better player at what he does than what Jones is at what he does.

Needs more stats.

Fabio is the only one whose development i'm concerned about, needs regular playing time.

I think that's why he is going out on loan next season, Benfica I believe are rumoured. Will do the boy good to get regular playing time and hopefully he'll come back and challenge Paddy at left back.

the squads prices comparison isn't the best thing. Look, united has assembled the current squad over years, and years. However, mancity just bought 1/2 of the talented players within 2 years. That is the difference. It's reasonable to have a squad build up for years (look at barca, dortmund). However, buying top players and compare the price tags is just silly. Better yet, why don't you try to measure how much each club spend each year? Remember the days when united sucks? Well...thanks to people like Sir Alex Fergusion, they have maintain successes over the years.

But look at city and the old chelsea, they have immediate successes after being taken over. By what? Spend money relentlessly with back-up from owners.

People like Wenger make me appreciate cultured football more nowadays

Glad City won though, hate the majority of arrogant glory supporters who know very little about football and just think United are unbeatable and every trophy sucks if United don't win it lol.

LETS HOPE IT GOES DOWN TO THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON!!!

Smalling, hasn't played much football recently, his poor marking led to the winning goal and imo he isn't actually good enough to play for United at all, Jones is 10x better at CB.

Would you like me to continue? Baring in mind that this is my opinion.......

irony.jpg

If we generalize fans like you did then Liverpool fans knows **** all. Absolute **** poor knowledge and hardly knows what they post.

Liverpool fans are talking about defensive qualities? Well don't listen to them they think that Agger is a better defender Vidic. So usually they think that Jones is a better defender than Smalling.

Chris Smalling is class, I would even go as far to say he can be better than Rio in the future, definite CB for United for years to come. Not only is he very talented, I love his attitude and how he just gets on with his "job". Does not seek attention and the limelight.

The goal against us you could see that Lescott and Rio (I think) got in his way and messed his positioning up.

To be honest, Chris Smalling has been brilliant all season and, although he was mostly at fault for the goal, shouldn't be put down by one mistake. Manchester City deserved to win the game by far, although it was closer than I expected (since it was at the Etihad and United were missing Nemanja Vidic and a few others).

I think City will go on to win the title now, though! Although Newcastle are good, the reason they are in fourth and not first is that they are not as good as City. It's that simple. I know games aren't played on paper, but I believe City will be able to win at St. James' Park (and wrap up the title against QPR)!

@Liverpool6792: Leave it, most of your statements are wrong and ignorant. And I'm a Liverpool fan as well!

​- PZW

We went into the season with Anderson, Cleverley, Carrick and Fletcher as our main CMs. Anderson and Cleverley were phenomenal in the early games, but now we have literally played almost the whole season without either of them. Fletcher was hopefully going to return, but now it looks like he might even retire, so we're now 3 of our main CMs for the season that haven't played. When Vidic had his only run in the team, we conceded 1 in something like 8 games, yet we have missed him for yet again basically the whole season. How would Arsenal have coped without TV5, Arteta and Song all season? It's a wonder we're still joint with City on points at this stage of the season considering their squad is much stronger in the first place, and ours has been decimated by injury for the whole season, the team deserve every credit for the fact alone.

We went the entire season without Jack Wilshere who was our no.1 midfielder after Cesc and Nasri left and before Arteta arrived. Arsenal's injuries have been to most of our defensive players not as much the midfield although we have endured many short term injuries there as well from Ramsay earlier in the year to Arteta now to Diaby basically being a no show when he was expected to provide cover. Be thankful you never had to play Djourou and Carl Jenkinson as defenders.

Back