Manchester United: A New Era of Dominance

trickydicky17

Reaction score

SKY Sports News - BREAKING NEWS

We have just received this statement from Manchester United, this is some shocking news and will change the world of football forever! The statement reads ...

"I am saddened to announce that with immediate affect that Sir Alex Ferguson has decided to call it time on his illustrious career. After finally clinching that 19th​ league championship, with Sir Alex finally knocking Liverpool FC “..Off there ******* perch” he feels his job is almost complete.

We say almost complete because Sir Alex maybe resigning as manager of MUFC but he will be taking up a more senior role in the club to help during the transition period. He will become Director of Football. Also Sir Alex Ferguson will become a great ambassador for MUFC.

We already have decided who will take over as manager, because he comes from within the club. Sir Alex has mentored him during a three-year period where he completed his coaching badges, and just recently passed his ‘UEFA Pro-License’ so he will be fine to manage in both Premier League and Champions League.

Sir Alex Ferguson has always believed in youth. And this has been the foundation to his success over his incredible career. Not only young lads, but Sir Alex has always believed that local youngsters would always give that extra 10% because they were playing for the club they loved.

So when Sir Alex decided to recruit his replacement he was adamant that his replacement would be not only someone young, but someone who loved the club as much as his did.

Unlike most people who become managers, the new ‘gaffer’ wasn’t a professional footballer, he was only a Sunday League footballer in Salford, he grew up being able to watch Old Trafford grow over the years through his bedroom window, and dreamt of playing for MUFC, unfortunately he has a few illnesses that has stopped this dream coming true, but over the last three years, his commitment to Sir Alex has been beyond belief.

He has to deal with arthritis & Addison’s disease and it has been difficult to deal with, the Glazer Family and I (David Gill) believe Sir Alex has Ferguson made his greatest signing yet. We know this because last season when Sir Alex finally clinched the 19th​ league championship, it wasn’t only Mike Phelan assisting Sir Alex Ferguson with the team, training and tactics, yes he was never seen by the public for this very reason. He was kept ‘invisible’ so when Sir Alex decides to call time on his career, when wanted to introduce to you a person you do not know!

There will be a press conference in three days to time introduce the new manager of Manchester United Football Club.

Sincerely,

David Gill
Chief Executive
Manchester United Football Club"

... as you can see this will send shockwaves through the world of football! Everyone thought when Sir Alex was to Retire, well resign, the worlds best managers would defiantly be favourites to become manager. Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho and even Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs was touted to be the next Manchester United Manager. This is a massive shock to all of us and most likely to all Man Utd fans.

We have just one question...

who is this person ?

About me...

My Name is Richard Marston, and I actually do suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis and Addison’s disease, that is why I mentioned it, and from time to time I am really ill. Unfortunately I am now unable to work and football manager is the one thing that I can enjoy these days, cause and getting out and about is a major problem. If I am honest I am not the greatest at football manager, I really poo if I’m honest, I’ve won the Premier league a few times, but that’s all I can say. This is also my first story and I hope it keeps you entertained while I try my hardest to dominate Football with Manchester United and stop Manchester City from winning anything. I do believe in promoting youth players but I do tend to buy the younger players too.

Name : Richard Marston
Fav Club: Manchester United
Chosen Club: Manchester United
Database: Edited (LFCMarshall's Summer Transfer Update (4.8.12), With Sir Alex Ferguson as Director of Football

Hi mate- im sorry to hear that, that must be horrible. hope its not a severe form?

good luck with your save, i support birmingham city but have a soft spot for united. i went to watch them beat city 3-2 in the cup with a cousine of mine from france. (you must be a rare english man u supporter!) was such an exciting game tho.
im starting a save with man u at some point. i agree with you, i like to bring through younger players and academy prospects in my games- makes it more of a sense of achievement when i win things.
anyway, good luck with your story- one pointer i would give you is to stick to one style of text. i tend to use arial for my updates, but its your game.
looking forward to more updates :)

Message From David Gill

I walked up to the door at Old Trafford, nerves? I was shaking like a leaf! Breathing heavily, sweaty palms, the nerves were showing so much. The doors slowly swing open and stood there to meet me was David Gill, I hadn’t seen him for a few weeks, since I signed my contract. Cant believe it, £35k a week till 2013! Its what dreams are made of!

“Welcome to Old Trafford. Just ignore the medias claims that you are too inexperience for the job! We believe you are the perfect man for the job! That’s all you need to know! Remember you contract runs till 2013, but if you do well we may just have to extend it. Staff are still here and are excited to work with you, but are willing to agree a mutual termination if your not happy with there work. There will be a car here soon to take you to Carrington, we shall be in touch. Bye for now.”

Staff meeting & U-18's

The times flying by and before I know I’m sat in a staff meeting. Mike Phelan asks me is there any area of the team you may want to acquire players on loan ? I quickly shrug this idea off. We are Manchester United! We don’t loan players unless its an emergency. So we quickly move on. This was not the way I envisioned the start at the club! Mike Phelan then shows me the file of players we have out on loan, these players are…
  • Fabio (QPR)
  • Ben Amos (Hull)
  • Reece Brown (Coventry)
  • John Cofie (Sheff Utd)
After that we quickly go through set piece takers. We all agreed and allotted specific players certain roles in the team, they are:-

• Freekicks - Anderson
  • - Ryan Giggs
  • Corners - Anderson
  • - Ashley Young
  • Penalties - Anderson
  • - Rooney

From that we had a detail chat about the youth of Manchester United. We talked about how we need to concentrate on youth, and how we are going to progress the youth from the youth system to the reserves and finally breaking through into the first team! We all agree that this is has been the foundation of Utds success, and to continue this will should keep the process going, we have some very talented lads in the youth system and they not only need nurturing to break through but they aslo need to be kept hungry for success and challenging to break into the first team as much as possible. With the head scout taking part in this meeting, we discuss how it’s best to scout for talent, and where would be the place to begin. He informs me that there are many scouts currently travelling the world searching for the best young players. If I would like to recall them, I can but I decide that the system they had in place was working so why change it. Utd develop many many young players that turn out to be quality players, there seems to be no reason currently to change that.
The meeting has nearly finished but there is one more thing we have to discuss. The coaches and scouts have given me the names of 3 youngsters that they feel are possibly the best in our youth system and have asked would I be willing to look at them. Of course I was going to say yes, I am quite excited about this and im hoping it would be worth while putting them in the resevers, if they impress then giving them a chance in the cup games.

While I am watching the under-18 training session, I am giving the files for the 3 lads, they seem very impressive from what I’ve seen so far with Angelo Henriquez finishing with the highest of quality assisted by Nick Powell, and the move was started by Mats Dæhli the 2 lads cleary have that little bit more ability than the rest of the team, but the rest of the players still look very talented in there own right.

Here are the players profile :-

• Angelo Henriquez
View attachment 265414

• Nick Powell
View attachment 265415

• Mats Dæhli
View attachment 265416

Season Expectations

I finally finished watching the u-18’s and I was so excited by the prospects that we currently have in the youth system! Lets just hope they turn out to be as good as we think they may. But do I send them out on loan? Or keep them and play them in cup games ?

I take a seat in my office at Carrington and turn on my computer, straight away I have email plenty of emails. Some say congratulations, others warn me about the media, but I would not have thought that I would have all these emails from other managers. It’s just crazy! Then I see it, the email from my director of football.
“I have to pass on to the board an amount that you would require, to help with your season, and meet expectations. We have some set figures with certain expectations and higher in the league u aim the more transfer and wages u will receive. The expectations/figures are :-
  • Champions League Qualification (via League) = £40m/£1.5m p/week
  • Title Challengers - £49m/£1.7m p/week
  • Winners - £56m/£1.9m p/week

What do I decide? I think I should be winning the league! But what if I don’t ? the board will not be happy at all! But if I say Champions League Qual the fans will not accept that! The board will not accept that! I will not accept that!

I think the best thing will be to do would be to select ‘Title Challengers’ because that is what I’m aiming to be. I not sure if I will win the league, but I will give my all to be up there! Plus I’m covered if we just miss out on winning the league. No! don’t think like that. We will win the league! But I don’t need so much money so ‘Title Challenges” is what I seleceted, and sent the email back to Sir Alex

Friendlies

Tour Discussion

Mike Phelan knocks at the door and enters. He wants to discuss friendlies during pre-season & how best I see fit to get the players back to match fitness. I decide we should discuss friendlies first. We are talking and discussing places where we could go on tour, where can we go to massively increase the Utd brand and increase our fan base? Mike Phelan also makes a point of we have obligations to other teams we have partnerships with, so we will be required to field a team, but are under no obligations to field a full strength team. So we can be on tour and field a the players we do not take with us.

Original Friendlies

View attachment 265534

We are not actually booked on a tour so far, and we have whittled it down to 3 countries to tour. China, India & Pakistan. China have a reasonable following of MUFC, and with over a billion people, that could massively be increase. India & Pakistan both love cricket, they are very passionate about cricket and changing them to football fans could be difficult. On the other hand, if we did manage to get their support then we could be the first to break through in both countries and it could lead to massive amount of support, and massive increase in revenue. So the question is.. where do we go? A country where Utd are popular, or a country where we have the chance to be the first team to break through in a cricketing nation! Where fans and revenue could be like and unlimited resources.

Fans or Revenue??

We couldn’t decide, it seemed impossible to agree, Mike Phelan believes China would be the place to go 1billion people, somewhere MUFC are already known and are popular, it can only be positive for us to go there and increase fans and revenue. But I’m convinced if we breakthrough that market in India, we will have around 1.2billion people to persuade to support MUFC, being the first football club to breakthrough a massive cricketing nation, not only will we attract the support of nearly all the population, we will have the opportunity to get out product out there first so that will increase revenue massively.

We discuss positives and negatives for both places and neither of us agree with the other, so I decide that we will have 7 game tour of the east. 3 games will be played in China, then we travel home for 2 games against Spanish teams, then off to India for a 4 game tour. I will send out requests for friendly games to clubs in the east, but we may have to cancel a few of our current friendlies. I would rather keep all friendlies and use different squads for different games but it isn’t always possible.

Within a few hours all 7 teams have contacted me back and agreed to host us even though they are mid season, they will all be paid a small fee for hosting us but nothing major. Unfortunately we have cancelled the first 2 fixtures, We had completely cancelled the Sporting CP game and rearranged the Guangzhou for a later date so we can arrange the tour around that game .

Tour Dates

View attachment 265557

Training: Setting up

Training

I have to admit before I carry on that the training part of the game for me has never been any good, I can never make a good training schedule, it just never seem to work out right for me. So I have taken a popular training schedule of FM-Base, which seems so popular that it must be effective, this maybe the difference between me being runner-up or champions in the different competitions I will be taking part in. I am not taking any credit for the training schedule, I am just saying thank you for allowing me to use it. The training schedule is Dunc's Training V1.2 Medium Workload and I hope it does have a positive effect. I will keep you informed of how the training goes for all my players but currently im working on conditioning till they are match fit then put them in there appropriate training group. While that happens I will be improving the coaching staff.

Current staff ability

View attachment 265652

Good luck, will be interested to see how this develops. Am a Man U fan!

And Your New Manager Is...

David Gill Statement introducing the new manager of Manchester United

Welcome all. Today we will announce to the world the next manager of Manchester United Football Club. When we gave the new that Sir Alex was retiring, we gave you a brief explanation of what happened. Today I will explain some more. Three years ago Sir Alex set out to find his replacement. Very quickly into the search he found who he thought he was looking for. The process began. He was sent to do his FA coaching badges, meanwhile helping coach the u-16’s, he had passed his first 2 levels with ease, while taking on the role of the head coach for the u-16’s. During the second year of this project he took the UEFA ‘B’ Coaching award early on and we gave him the role of assisting the u-18’s. Mid season, due to staff changes, he was promoted to u-18 head coach. And during a very successful second half of the season, he failed his UEFA ‘A’ coaching award. Not only was it a successful second half to the season for him and the u-18’s, many of the youth players playing in that squad are now knocking on the door of the first team. We feel with this progression he understands the necessity of MUFC promoting youth players. During the summer break he finally passed his UEFA ‘A’ Coaching Award . This quick rise to success continued during last season his time was split between assisting out reserve team manager and Sir Alex Ferguson with the first team. During the Championship winning season Sir Alex came to me and said it is time. I knew what this meant straight away. Honestly I wasn’t 100% sure if he was ready. Sir Alex on the other hand, totally believed in him. I was finally convinced when Sir Alex told me about how he had help with clinching the championship. One problem was left before we could go a head with making him the new manager. But this last week he had finally completed his UEFA ‘Pro-License’ Coaching Award. So it is my pleasure to introduce to you the next manager of Manchester United…

Richard Marston

Welcome Richard Marston

Introduced to the World

I have nothing to say. I am introduced by David Gill and I’m sat here in front of all the press. What do I say? I thank everyone for coming, and I thank everyone at MUFC for believing in me, for giving me this opportunity. Thank you to Sir Alex for not just choosing me but teaching me all that I’ve learnt so far. But this isn’t the Oscar’s I don’t need be thanking everyone. All that is left is the media. So i say ...

“The Floor is open for questions”

Manchester Evening News

The expectations of a team of Manchester Uniteds stature are enormous. Do you feel that you will be able to continue their tradition of success?
Success is in the clubs blood and the setup here allows me to achieve exactly that.

BBC Manchester

The facilities at the club are fantastic, are you excited about the opportunity to work in such an environment?
I am absolutely delighted with the facilities, but it's not like I'm new to Carrington, I've be here for a few years now but I'm finally in charge, now I run the show.

The Guardian

Do you already have an idea of which plays you like and those you’re not so happy with?
Being around the 1st​ team for over 12 months, I have a general idea who is in my plans, but it is a new season, so everyone gets a fresh start.

That certainly suggest you have confidence in your players. What do you consider to be your strongest area?
We have world class players in all areas of the pitch. I'm fully confident now all areas of the team are strong enough and up for the challenge.

BBC Manchester

How involved do you tend to be in the day-to-day running of the club?
I would like to be involved as much as time allows me to be, already been part of the backroom staff last season, I seen how the club was run day-to-day and I see no reason to change it drastically, I may add a coach or two, but no major changes.

World Soccer Magazine

While some managers are famous for their hands-on approach, others maintain a more reserved manner with their players. How do you see your management style?
I may occasionally get involved, but by and large there needs to be degree of trust. If the play was to break that trust, then they will be on a tight leash, but they are adults, young or old, I expect them to behave in such a manner.

KICK! Magazine

What can we expect from you in the transfer market? Are you looking to splash the cash are you more of a bargain hunter?
I have to say most of my targets are you youngster, we have to look towards the future and secure the best young players on the planet.

TEAMtalk.com

What would you say is your tactical approach to the game?
Football is about entertainment and that is what I promise Man Utd fans, it may not be the usual 4-4-2 we’re use to seeing at Old Trafford, but it will still be entertaining.

KICK! Magazine

On the off chance any agents read your comments today, is there a particular area of the squad which we are looking to strengthen in the future?
I'm not going to talk about my transfer policy right now. I have a couple of targets in mind and that’s between me, Sir Alex and David Gill. Plus I am happy with the squad at this moment in time. If we can improve it then maybe we will. But it is strong enough already.

BBC Radio 5 Live

You stand here unveiled as the New Manchester United manager. As a big fan of the club, surely this must be a dream come true?
This moment has been building up for the last three years now and as each season passes by the realism of ‘this could be the season’ freaked me out! What Utd fan wouldn’t love to be in my position? But actually being here, it’s so scary. But this is just like a film, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, lets hope it has its fairy tale ending.

BBC Sport Breaking News

View attachment 265754

Breaking News

Marston Pleased With Squad

Richard Marston Felt the full glare of the media spotlight today as he faced a packed press conference to announce his appointment as the new Manchester United manager. David Gill introduced Marston who fielded a range of questions
about the new job and Manchester United from the likes of KICK! Magazine, BBC Manchester, The Guardian, World Soccer Magazine & BBC Radio 5 Live. Marston was asked is there any part of the squad he would like to strengthen? But Marston is completely satisfied with his current squad. He said he is concentrating on youth, and he will be entertaining his fans, but as admitted he wont be using a 4-4-2 formation. This has brought up numerous questions, mainly being if he is not playing 4-4-2, then will he have any use for the current wingers in the squad? Marston made no comment on this but did not seem phased about the prospect of dropping his well known wingers to play a more narrow formation.

so confused are you starting again?
No, sorry your confused, what I'm doing is I'm doing it in the game order so..first when you start the game, thats when the first 'statement' announcing sir alex to resign. That when you start the game then you read your messages and have your back-room staff meeting (backroom advice) which is what I've done when i was talking with my caches and scouts, then i sort things like tours out and friendlies, training and well what ever else someone decides to do before they carry on the day by pressing continue, then when you do it eventually gets to the press conference you have with the press.. so I've had that.. and in real life you chief executive would speak his statement introducing you to the world which is his second statement you read up on page 2, then i take my questions from the press.. and when people are finished with that on the 'news' section there is a little article quoting what was asked in the press conference.. so i did that with the bbc sport thing, thats all.. Like I've said I'm sorry your confused, I'm new to this so there are going to be bits i get wrong, but id like to do stuff in order i actually do them and also give a detailed explanation of what I've done as you can tell its all quite detailed.. like I've said sorry you got confused ill try and make things look more obvious in the future.

My First Training Session: Tactics

Back to School

I finally arrive back at Carrington after my press conference and I am quickly told by the receptionist that the first team are waiting for me in the tactics room. So I set off down the corridor to go and “meet” the first team, for the first time as manager. This feels weird. I already know the lads well. I’ve been part of the setup with the first team for over 12 months now and I know most of them well. I get to the door and freeze. I go to open it and I just cant move. What is up with me? I step back. I tidy my self up. Rearrange my collar and tie. Brush down my suit. Take deep breath in. Gut in. Chest out. My hand turns the door **** around slowly, it felt like a lifetime has passed. The door opens and everything goes silent. I walk into the room and all you can here is the clunk of my shoes when I take a step. This is what it must feel like to be a new teacher? It felt like a class room with all the first team sat behind tables, all eyes stuck on me. The first team have never seen me in a suit and this was just as much a shock for them as it was for me. Then out of no where, CRASH!! Rooney had fallen off his chair! Typical. That got a laugh from everyone and it took the attention of me just long enough for the tension in the room to ease and become bearable. Everyone turned back around looking eager to impress. New manager, new start.

3-6-1
I clear my throat and I begin. I started with the tactic we would use least. When asked why, I replied “So we can go through it quickly and briefly here and I can get onto the away then home tactics. There more important!” Many still had a look of confusion on there face but accepted what I said and we got back to it …

View attachment 265880

After explaining where each player would play in the 3-6-1 we started to discuss the team mentality. The type of marking we will use, how high the defense pushes up, whether players have any freedom to roam, and whether we pass to the closest person or someone in an attacking position. All Simple things I like my players to know before they even step on the training field.

4-3-3

We then move on to the away tactics. Now this is important and I make sure they are aware of this. We are likely to play in this formation for half of the games we play this season so they best understand what I want from them and how I want things to be done. So I arrange the 4-3-3 formation but the central midfielder would sit deeper as an anchor man.

View attachment 265881

We discuss, how we need to control the game, and if we loose possession press more. We need to get that ball back as quick as we can. Sticking to position is vital to push them wide so they will get the cross in, we can then deal with them easily. If they play through us we have to play the offside trap, but we have to be as one unit when we do so we move out together at the same time. A bit like a rugby line when the defense moves in as one. But one thing we must do is be able to counter attack! With the pace we have we must be able to do this.

4-3-3

Finally, we get on to the home tactics, and as they could all tell there wasn’t much difference between the home and away tactic. The only difference is the central man of the 3 in midfield pushes up that little bit higher and acts as a ball wining midfielder. So he carries out his normal duties but just 10 yards up further up the pitch.

View attachment 265882

We swiftly move onto how the team will play as a whole, playing at Old Trafford there will be pressure on the team to play a certain way, but we must not give in to that pressure. We will play a certain way, we will get goals! And the fans will be entertained but it wont be the typical united that they are use to! We need to control the play, keep the ball they cant score. So play short passes, even little 5 yard passes to keep possession, stay rigid and stick to positions and there will be space opening up as they come chasing the ball. If we do loose the ball, we need to press more so we can get it back as quick as we can! Don’t be afraid to get stuck in with a tackle or 2! Remember we are at home! The ref could be swung to be more lenient in our favour. Slow down the tempo of the game! We want to dictate play and then wen we are ready then we can pounce when they have tired due to chasing the ball around. Focus the play through the middle where we can keep the ball, we can they choose to go in any direction when we need to pass, if we go out wide to the line, we cut out half of our possibilities when we need to pass!

Lets Begin...

Right that looks like it got through to none of them. Never mind, I tell the lads to go get changed cause we are heading out for some light training because the conditioning work starts tomorrow and this not are not going to like it!

From now on...

i will now be doing weekly updates of the game instead of updating every time just one thing happens i will put it all in weekly updates (FM12 Game weeks).

Week 1... 6/7/11 - 10/7/11

View attachment 265896

Mass exodus

Richard Hawkins (fitness), Tony Strudwick (fitness) & Alan Fettis (Goalkeeper) have all been released by Manchester United. Richard Marston acquired a mutual termination of their contract, so he can bring in his own staff. Paul Winsper & Gian Nicola Bisciotti have replace the former fitness coaches during the weekand they have both taken a few training sessions already. Marston is hoping to improve the fitness of his current squad as quickly as possibly.

View attachment 265892

Is this the end of Berbatov’s career at United?
On the 7th​ of July Richard Marston’s 1st​ team took on his reserve team in a intra-squad friendly. Marston said that “This was to judge players ability, potential and commitment. If a Centre Mid was not to give his all from the first team, but the reserve player, who played in that position did, then that reserve player may easily be taking that first teamers spot in the coming weeks.” Marston’s first team won the intra-squad friendly 2-1 with Rooney and new boy Kagawa getting on the score sheet! Surprisingly Dimitar Berbatov played for the reserve team. Does this mean the end of his Utd career?

View attachment 265893

Valencia on his way out?
Inter Milan have placed a £8.75m bid for the United winger. The deal would give Man Utd £3m upfront and £5.75 over 12 months. Rumours have it that Richard Marston has knocked back the bid but could be tempted by a bigger fee upfront.

View attachment 265895

How did you get Sir Alex to become the Director of Football at Manchester United?

How did you get Sir Alex to become the Director of Football at Manchester United?
cause i have used a summer update edited database, i just went into the editor and changed him to director of football for the story