Manchester United: A New Era of Dominance

Good story so far. Really enjoying the detail you go into. :)
All 3 of you are wingerless so will you be looking to sell Nani, Valencia and Young? Or will you look to play them as the right/left strikers?

Good story so far. Really enjoying the detail you go into. :)
All 3 of you are wingerless so will you be looking to sell Nani, Valencia and Young? Or will you look to play them as the right/left strikers?
well young and Nani ill start training as strikers, but Valencia is good to train as right back, he usually very affective for me in the pass playing there... but I've had a bid for Valencia, i haven't accepted the first 2 but if they keep improving eventually i may have to say yes

Week 2... 11/07/2011 - 17/07/2011

View attachment 265955View attachment 265956

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas chases Tom Cleverly – Marston says he can go at the right price

Tottenham have made an offer for Tom Cleverly. The have offered a one off payment of £5.5million plus 30% of profits from the next sale of Tom Cleverly. Marston has not replied to the enquirey but has till the 18th​ of July to give an answer. Meanwhile, Manchester United have took they fist steps into the transfer market having made enquires about Neymar, Kyriakos Papadopoulos & Mario Gotze. Marston sent scouts to Germany to watch Gotze. But only sent enquiry bids to test the water for Neymar and Papadopoulos. The scouts came back with information that Mario Gotze is not for sale but Marston wouldn’t accept that and put a bidding of £16.25 million, which was later rejected by Gotze’s club Dortmund. There are reports that Gotze would be extremely interested in joining Manchester United as long his club would be willing to letting him go. Unfortunately Dortmund have rejected the bid and have issued a statement that Mario Gotze is not for sale no matter how much money is put on the table. Meanwhile, Santos have rejected our enquiries for Neymar and also have issued a statement that Neymar is not for sale. Inter Milan have tested Marston resolve when issuing an official bid of £10.5million, that is £3.8million upfront, and then £6.75million over the next 12 months. Marston responded to this bid by claiming that the upfront offer was ridiculous and don’t consider another bid until they make a serious offer.

View attachment 265957

Manchester United top goalkeeping coach
Manchester United have signed top quality coach Jim Blyth. Blyth have signed a a 3 year contract worth in total of over £200,000. Marston continues with replacing the coaches so he can “improve the ability of even the best players” he said. Some of the coaches remaining are starting to worry though as Marston claimed that all there jobs were safe. Marston originally said “if its not broke don’t fix it.” But now seems to be going back on his word and is bringing in his own staff to replace the current coaches.

View attachment 265961

View attachment 265962

News From Old Trafford

Old Trafford have released information about season ticket sales. The have currently sold 32,310. They have a remaining 23,600 season tickets remaining, but expect to sell them in the coming week. This will take the total season ticket sales to a complete 55,900, with remaining tickets available from the ticket office.

Manchester United and DC United are pleased to announce a link between the two clubs. Under the terms of the deal the following will apply with immediate effect:
- D.C United will host an annual friendly between the two clubs with all gate receipts to be kept by D.C United. Man United will be under no obligation to see the full strength side.
-Presence of Man Utd in USA will be a major benefits on merchandise sales.
-Manchester united from first option to buy plays from D.C United. In practice this means once a bid for a player is accepted by DC United, I bid of the same value from Man Utd must also be accepted. It is then up to the place to decide his future.
-Manchester United will pay D.C United an annual fee of £649,000

Manchester United Reserves 8 – 0 Altrincham

View attachment 265963

I have decided now in the new (game time) weekly updates to provide a brief "World News" Section and Major Transfer that happen that week, just so u guys no whats going on other then MUFC

Great stuff pal, loving the detail KIU

Week 3... 18/7/11 - 24/7/11

View attachment 266332View attachment 266333

Fans Welcome Exciting New Signing Hummels
Richard Marston was proud to announce today that Man Utd have completed the signing of Mats Hummels from Bundesliga Champions, Borussia Dortmund. In the press conference Marston claims he has great respect for Hummels and that Mats will be a huge boost to the whole team. With Mats Hummels being young, he fits in with Marston’s plan of youth. He is already an accomplished defender winning the Bundesliga Last year. Marston says “to win the Bundesliga, you have to be technically sound. The strength and technique it takes to win the championship in Germany, well he clearly must have great technique and be very powerful and strong. Meanwhile, during the press conference, Marston made a comment regarding Tom Cleverly, he says “ Tottenham had made an offer last week for Tom Cleverly. This was a £5.5 million bid plus 30% of the profit made if Tom was to be sold again. The idea of selling Tom, honestly? It had past my mind. But Tom has a future at Old Trafford and £5.5 million? That just disrespectful to both us as a club and to Tom him self.” During the interview Marston also confirmed he has rejected 2 offers so far from Inter Milan for Utd winger Antonio Valencia. Marston was asked about his interest in Santos’s Brazilian wonder-kid Neymar and Dortmund’s attacking midfielder Mario Gotze. Marston claimed “I’m an admirer of Gotze, he’s a wonderful talent”. But reports coming back from Germany is that Gotze has took no interest in Marston’s comments claiming he only pays attention to his own manager’s opinion rather than listening to others. Meanwhile, he claims he has dipped his toes into the water when it comes to Neymar. Whether they can make a deal happen? Too soon to know.

This Weeks Transfers
NameFeeFromTo
Bozovic£525kRapid Bucharest Wigan
Douglas£8mFC TwenteNapoli
Kucher£2.1mShakterAston Villa
Dussan Perris£0FreeQPR
Bojan Jokic£2.8ChievoWest Ham
Teko Modise£200kSundownSwansea
John Mensah£0FreeNewcastle
Andre Wisdom£95kLiverpoolWolves
Mats Hummels£27.5DortmundMan Utd
Glenn Whelan£2.8mStokeFulham
Jose Bosingwa£0FreeNewcastle
Leon Britton£625kSwanseaWest Brom
Shwan Jalal£240kBournemouthSouthampton
Heinz Linder£160kFK Austria WienWest Ham
Arthur Boka£1.1mStuttgartLiverpool
Velizar Dimitrov£2.3mMetalurgWigan
Darcy Blake£1.9mCardiffSouthampton

View attachment 266307
MUFC NEWS
Old Trafford have been approved their request to have the pitch 105 meters long a 68 meters wide. This is the same as last year and reaches the maximum the Premier league allows. Meanwhile, Old Trafford have managed to shift 44,432 season tickets so far. The board do expect to sell another 11,500 in the coming weeks to take the total to 55,900. For league games, the approximately 14,000 remaining seats will be available for purchase on a weekly basis from the ticket office. Tom Cleverly announced via his twitter account (@tomclevz23) that he is to be tutored/mentored by fellow Manchester United & England team mate Michael Carrick. Carrick is looking forward to take Cleverly under his wing and look after him both on and off the pitch. Marston feels that the more experienced players are ideal mentors for the young squad he is building. Marston says “when I has such experienced players at his disposal it would be stupid of him to not only use there knowledge on the pitch but off the pitch too.” In this day and age with all the technology and ways for the youth to keep in touch with their fans, they also need to be kept grounded. Marston feels with his ‘experienced members of the squad, they are ideal to keep the youngsters feet on the ground.

Weekly Staff Meeting
I arrive at Carrington today to be dragged straight into a staff meeting. Since we are due to go to China tomorrow, there are a few things that needs sorting before I go. Firstly we discuss a few changes that need to happen. We officially take Tom Cleverly off the loan list, it seems to be attracting to much attention for my liking. We then re arrange our player profiles, we currently have training reports for all players a they are in specific draws in our filing cabinet. The different draws represent players squad statuses, this is so we all can discuss a players status in the squad and place them in the appropriate draw. We pull out files for Nani and Lindegaard. After the first few weeks of training, the commitment they show and they effort they put in is all taken in to consideration. Also the effort of other squad members is considered. This is why it is discuss by us all and it has to be a unanimous decision before we change anybody’s squad status. After a while, we have decided that Nani is a valuable member of the squad is to important for the team for him to be anything other than a key player. With this decision taken, I make the call to start Nani on a strikers training regime. With us playing no wingers Nani will either have to adjust or we will not have anyplace for him in the squad. We shall see how this goes and all agree to keep tabs on his progress. We are all very optimistic about Nani though. Lindegaard on the other hand, we feel he his a very capable goalkeeper, and would most likely walk into any team outside the top 6 but we feel that David De Gea is just in another league. Lindegaard is good enough to be our second choice keeper and make the occasional appearance but with the reasoning of he would only get a game if De Gea is injured then I feel he must be considered as back up to the first team. With The coaches agreeing with me, we all pack up and set off to go. I am off to training this as we leave tomorrow for the tour. Coincidently while I am on the plane to China I receive 2 emails. 1 from the physiotherapists team, which has the current injury list.
The file I received looked like this:-

Injury List
NameInjuryFor
James WeirTwisted Knees12days to 2 weeks
Kenji GorreBruised Ribs4 to 5 days
Tom Thorpe9 to 11 daysThigh strain
Darren FletcherUnknown VirusUnknown
Will KeaneDamaged Cruciate Ligament 5 to 6 months

Scout Reports
The second email came from my head scout, he sent me some scout reports for some young talented footballers. These so called kids are :-
Kerim FreiView attachment 266336
Billy KnottView attachment 266337
Jean Christophe BahebeckView attachment 266338
Michele CamporeseView attachment 266339
Kurt ZoumaView attachment 266341
View attachment 266343
Friendlies
I feel I can take some positives from the friendly games played this week. My first team dominated against Olympiakos, but did struggle against Antwerp. They are getting use to the formation so I can allow that one to pass without to much problems as it helps towards match fitness. The first game of the tour against Guangzhou finished 1 each, but the long flight, then straight in to a game really took its toll. While I'm over here some of my coaches have taken charge of the reserves and under 18 squad. The u18s did well against Middleborough, even with out there star striker, Henriquez. He has come on this tour with us and I hope he does impress as I may give him a little run in the first team. If not I will drop him back to the reserves and lets hope he plays well there as I d not want him to go back to the u18 squad. After I found out the reserve team lost to Stade Malherbe Caen 3-0 I was not impressed they told me it was my formation, they are just not use to it and it looks like it will not work. I convinced the coaches to trust me it will come good and wouldn't you know it they end up beating Bury's 1st team 5-1. Lets hope they keep that up. In the coming week I have the rest of the tour of China to finish then we will be back in Manchester for a week or so before we fly out to India for another tour. We are really clocking up some air miles.

Type of GameHome TeamAway TeamMatch Analysis
FriendlyOlympiakos04MUFCView attachment 266346
FriendlyMUFC u18s31MiddlesbroughView attachment 266347
FriendlyAntwerp00MUFCView attachment 266348
TourGuangzhou Hengda11MUFCView attachment 266349
FriendlyStade Malherbe Caen30MUFC ReservesView attachment 266350
Friendly Bury15MUFC ReservesView attachment 266351

Last edited:
Like the weekly updates, makes me feel like I'm constantly kept in the loop about things

Week 4... 24/7/11 - 31/7/11

£££ Its All About the Money £££

Decisions Decisions…

Last week I was presented with a profile of a young French defender called Kurt Zouma. And for the past few days I can not get him out of my head! The report I was given about him, he is felt to end up as one of the best defenders around! This is tempting! £2million though? Is he truly worth that though? My scouting team believe he could be valued by AS Saint-Etienne from £2m to £4m but believe the club will want around £6m for the young defender. So I approved them to enquire how much the French club wanted for him. Then this week, when i returned from the tour of China, my scouts returned hoping that I would approved for the club to meet the demands of the French side so we can progress on with the bid to buy Zouma. It took me by surprise. £7m for a 16 year old defender! Sorry I am not going to pay that much for him! I don’t care how potentially brilliant he could be. We were at this for an hour, they were pleading with me to buy him. They honestly believe he will be that good. But I just could not approve £7m. They brought report after report to me but I still wasn’t budging on the situation. £7m is to much! Finally they gave in, I agreed at maximum of £4m, but first they have to try a lower fee. Unknowing to them I will most likely pay £7m, I just don’t want to pay all up front, so the plan is if they do not accept the lower bid then to use his age for some advantage that he will play internationals, and eventually many games for Man Utd. If the bid isn’t accepted then I will meet the £7m bid but at least half will be paid when Kurt reaches certain target/goals in his career.

Merchandise vs Prize Money ???
Meanwhile During the week I was presented with many names my scouts have provided for me. This is so if I choose to I can have them scouted a bit more in-depth so I’m 100% that the decision is the right one. But I was presented with a name that didn’t quite jump of the page to me. But when I eventually noticed it, having read the reports around 20 times, not only was I thinking of improving the team, but I felt the purchase of Ki Sung-Yong From Celtic could benefit Manchester United financially as well. Yes we would have to pay wages and a transfer fee, but the financial windfall coming from the Asian market, due to signing an household name in Asia, would not just be huge it would be massive. So that’s the problem, will he add something to the team? If he doesn’t then he is not worth signing, wages, bonuses and a transfer fee surely cant be recouped by merchandise sales could it? But what if it could? What if it could not only repay his cost but also improve profit in general? With the debt the clubs owners are in, the burden it puts the club under. The more profit I can manage, the more world class players I will be able to attract because the club will have the funds to attract them type of players. On the other hand, bringing in players now that are of the highest quality, will not only help me achieve my goals/targets but bring in revenue, having top names part of your team will help merchandise sales as people will want the new superstar on the back of their shirt. This may not bring in the figures of an Asian superstar, but could bring in revenue via success in competitions. Winning the League will season after season, and Champions Leagues success will bring in revenue that cant be matched. Obviously the ideal situation would be to be able to bring in Ki Sung-Yong, but he is also able to add something to the team.

View attachment 266682
Is Berbatov Staying ?
With Manchester United there are no major upsets in the provisional August player registration. Everyone who is expected to be there is there. Being 20 on the 1.1.2011 makes u eligible to not have to be registered. So Phil Jones, David De Gea and youngster Angelo Henriquez are not officially registered. But on the other hand, youngsters Danny Welbeck and Rafael have been registered to apply with the rule where a minimum of 8 players who have been trained in England for 3 years when under the age of 21.This is to promote home grown players within the Premier League. Senior players such as Rooney, Ferdinand and Vidic have been registered as usual for the club. Rooney and Ferdinand also apply to the home-grown rule as they were trained in England for more than 3 years while under the age of 21. Vidic on the other hand, he is one of the 17 (maximum) players who doesn’t fall under the home-grown rule. There are a few surprised faces within the footballing world. It was understood Berbatov was not wanted by United no more, but coincidently has been registered in the provisional (maximum) 25. No surprise that Darren Fletcher hasn’t been registered due to his unknown virus, but Richard Marston has not filled all of his 25 slots yet. This means, due to the remaining 4 slots, that they can be filled by anyone who currently doesn’t have a slot. Whether that be a new transfer player or a reserve team player. Will Marston choose to fill the remaining 4 slots ? This could mean Darren Fletcher still maybe given a slot within the team, which will be great motivation to return to football again.
View attachment 266695
Marston confusing the world of football
Richard Marston is not making it clear whether he wants to sell Berbatov. Marston has made it clear on numerous occasions that there is no room for the Bulgarian Front man in his team. We would say that today he proved that by stripping the striker of his number 9 shirt. But Marston still chose to register Berbatov in his 25 man provisional premier league registered team.
View attachment 266681
Berbatov Defiantly on his way out?
Dimitar Berbatov is the biggest name at Manchester United that has been left for his contract to have only 12 months remaining on them. The question is will Manchester United extend the contract so they can sell the Bulgarian star? Will they allow him to leave on a free? Or will they look to offload him early? What ever they do they should take into consideration he has a £90k per week contract. With that gone it clears up the wage bill. Other names on the list are Robbie Brady and Scott Wootton who have gone out on loan for 6 months, when they are due to return, both are available to sign for other clubs on the bosman ruling.
View attachment 266734

View attachment 266694
View attachment 266693
Is Valencia off to Italy?
If that wasn’t enough to be dealing with in one go Rumors have it that Richard Marston received a text of David Gill before H got on the plane to come home from China. Apparently Inter had made a new off for Antonio Valencia. This is the first we have heard that Marston negotiated with Inter. They had responded to the demand of in excess of £20m Marston sent them. Inter responded with a £7.6m bid, that was to have £4.9 paid over 12 months and to only paying £2.7m upfront. Marston has been reported to be loosing patience with Inter. An insider at United says Marston quickly rejected the bid and has just had enough of the ludicrous offer.

NameFeeFromTo
Patrick Bantamoi£0FreeSwansea
Yassine Benzia£2.8LyonArsenal
Joona Toivio£1.6mDjurgardon IFSwansea
Kevin Larsen£400kHønefossSouthampton
Hogan Ephriam£1.1mQ.P.RHuddersfield
David James£0FreeEverton
Adile Jali£170kOrlando PiratesWest Brom
Siphiwe Tshabalala£325kKaiser ChiefsStoke
Willian£14mShaktarTottenham
Peter Brezovan£160kBrightonSouthampton

Loan Deals
-Larnell Cole signs for Colchester on a 6 months deal. They will pay 100% of his wage as they see him as a valuable member of the first team. Manchester United rejected a loan bid from Walsall due to only willing to pay for 80% of his wages and Cole rejected the chance to spend 6 months at Hartlepool.

-Ryan Tunnicliffe has signed with Notts Co. this week after rejecting a chance to move to Bournemouth for the 6 months. Both Derby and Preston were interested in loaning Tunnicliffe, but didn’t make any offer.

-Meanwhile Preston have signed Scott Wootton for 6 months agreeing to pay 100% of his wages.
-Joshua King signs for Sheff Utd on a 6 month loan. Marston was keen to get Joshua some first teeam experience as he is highly rated among the youth team.
-Fleetwood won the race to sign Will Keane for a 6 month, paying 100% of his wages during his loan period. Will Keane was stirring up some major interest in the lower football leagues with Carlisle, Rotherham and Yeovil all interested in signing the young Manchester United Forward

View attachment 266683

Friendly

Shenhua1-1MUFCView attachment 266689
Beijing Guo’an0-3MUFCView attachment 266690
Newcastle Town1-3MUFC ReservesView attachment 266691
MUFC2-0MalagaView attachment 266692

View attachment 266687

ScoutPlacePlayers
LopezCentral EuropeView attachment 266701
RuizCentral EuropeView attachment 266703
AskjaerScandinaviaView attachment 266704
FiioSouth AmericaView attachment 266708
KershawUK & IrelandView attachment 266709
LangleyUK & IrelandView attachment 266710
KershawUK & IrelandView attachment 266711
OwenUK & IrelandView attachment 266715

MUFC News

Return from Tour
Manchester United are no back from the Tour of China. Before they set off for their 2nd tour of preseason, Manchester United are to participate in the tours of 2 Spanish clubs, while they tour England.
Premier League T.V
Coverage of Manchester United against West Bromwich Albion at Old Trafford on Sunday 14th​ August 2011 will earn Manchester United £500k
Season Tickets
Old Trafford have managed to sell 51,800 season tickets so far. They hope to sell the remaining 4,100 in the coming weeks. This will take the total to the target of 55,900. This still leaves around 20,000 left. Around 14,000 are available from the ticket office, with the remaining 6,000 are set aside for the away fans.
Bonus? or Motivation?
It is thought That Richard Marston will reward his squad with bonuses of up to £5m to motivate the team to win the league, £1.2m for each of the domestic cups and £7.5m to conquer European Football.
Staff News
Richard Marston was pleased to announce that Dave Billows, Everton fitness coach, has signed for Manchester United. Marston was prepared to pay £120k in compensation for Billows. We understand that Billows will not be part of the fitness team at Carrington, he has been brought in for his tactical knowledge. Meanwhile, Marston expressed his delight that John Cooke and Paul McGunniess have accepted improved contracts. Not only will it keep them at Utd for a few more years, and improve there wage a little, they are now to not only coach the youth side but assist in the coaching of the first team.
Want a Loan?
Richard Marston claimed to the press today that Brian McClair feels that Brady’s overall progress has stalled due to a severe lack of match experience. He feels that with regular first team football Brady ability level would improve drastically. Marston rarely singles out his players but he feels that with this statement its like free advertisement. By that Marston says making it public knowledge that Brady needs games and he will be a star, then a team may become interested in him and willing to take him on loan to provide them games. It has to be better, well easier than officially putting him on the loan list or the transfer market. That may upset him. He will have a future here. But currently he needs games, and quick. So this is a come and get him plea to everyone out there.” Marston declares that Brady is available for loan, but he will be a star at Old Trafford. But will anyone want Robbie Brady?

View attachment 266688
World Cup - Quals Euro Groups
Current World Cup holders Spain have been placed in Group 9, with most notably France. Germany are in Group 3. There most difficult game could be either Ireland or Sweden. In Group 4 Hollands toughest challenge will most likely be Turkey, while they also travel to places like Andorra and Estonia. Portugal are in Group 6 and will take on Russia and N.Ireland. Elsewhere England were drew in Group 8 with the likes of Poland, Ukraine and also travel to San Marino.

View attachment 266685
UEFA Champions League

2017 host bids for UEFA Champions League
Old Trafford has entered a bid to host the 2017 Champions League final. The bid from Old Trafford has received support from notable luminaries such as Sir Alex Ferguson, Roy Keane, Bryan Robson, Steve Bruce, Sir Bobby Charlton, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and David Beckham. Other bids come from Stade de France (France) and Murrayfield Stadium (Scotland) plus other venues from Greece and Turkey. The decision to host one of the most watched football matches in the world will be made on the 11th​ July 2013.

View attachment 266686

August
Calendar
View attachment 266684

Last edited:
Good update, but the scout name and place are the wrong way around.
haha i knew i would get something wrong. Cheers for letting us know. So much info bound to get someething wrong. stupid thing is.. i changed all the scouts names over and the places back to the right column, instead of just changing the column headings over ... thats what u get for spending literally all night on the thing. lol Cheers

Week 5 ... 01/08/11 - 07/08/11

Tour of India 2011...
Even being on the other side of the world, a staff meeting has become such a regular routine that i now already blank parts out such as going to the meeting and talking about the business side of things. I am the manager, there are business men employed to sort out the business side of things I don’t get why every week we have to go over how much I can spend on transfers and how much there is available on wages. Ok if I have just bought a player, then fair enough, but the weeks wen the finances are not changed, why do I have to sit through this pretending to listen and pretend like I understand everything. Its like school again. On the other hand I did hear something about the club is now restarting to pay off its loan it had previously taken out of £433million. This will take just over 4 years, because the repayments are £8.25million a month. And they still want me to make monthly profits? Ha!

Finally, we move on. I suppose it has been an interesting week. Not many players have left on loan this week, well actually no players had left and we have only received 2 bids, and that was for the same player. Portsmouth wanted to loan Jesse Lingard for 5 months, this seemed really interesting as Jesse could do with some 1st​ team games, unfortunately Portsmouth can only afford 20% of his wages, which just is not a viable option. After trying to renegotiating there first bid they came in with the second exactly the same as the first. I just can not see this being a possible loan move, yes his wages are low, but this means 20% of low is even lower, we will still be paying 80% of his wages. Mike Phelan did give a very good explanation why it would be a good possible move for the lad. Mike claimed while Jesse was sat in the reserves, yes he will train at Carrington and he will be around some of the best players in the world, but he will not be getting any first team, competitive match experience at Pompy, with Jesse’s ability he will most likely be one of there better players and will be playing week in week out and that may be as good as development as any. This in turn, means we will actually be saving 20% of his wages for the 5 months, instead of actually losing 80% while he is not here. This was a good counter to my point and really got me thinking. Should I accept? If they renegotiate I will most likely accept now.

Talking about transfers, I brought to the attention of the scouting team about the possibility of signing John Obi Mike. I remind them that this is the guy which had a controversial transfer to England. In 2005, just after his 18th​ birthday Manchester United announced we jad struck a deal with Norwegian club Lyn Oslo to sign the player. Our website claimed we struck a deal with the player directly after Lyn Oslo sent a fax to the players agent, who was abroad at the time. We claimed he had signed a 4 year contract and the deal was initially worth £4million, and would see the player arrive at Old Trafford in January 2006. Then Premier League rivals Chelsea later issued a counter-claim suggesting that they had already had an agreement with Mikel and his agents, but Lyn Oslo denied this claim. Manchester United then hastily arranged a press conference, where he was pictured holding up a Manchester United short, which bore the number 21. During May 2005 the player was reportedly kidnapped, but rumours had it he was staying in a London Hotel. This was confirmed that he was in London with his agent John Shittu. They then issued a statement to Sky Sports News claiming United had pressured Mikel into signing without his agent present and Chelsea who he originally wanted to sign for. After this he failed to returned to Oslo and the club made a complaint to FIFA. They ruled that Mikel should return to Lyn Oslo and see out the remainder of his contract after a 3 month absence around September 2005. Rather than leaving FIFA to determine the validity of the contract signed with Manchester United, Chelsea intervened by volunteering to settle the transfer saga through negotiation with Lyn Oslo and Manchester United. In June 2006, Chelsea, Manchester United and Lyn Oslo reached a settlement to resolve the future of the player. Mikel’s registration was to be transferred to officially read from Lyn Oslo to Chelsea; Manchester United agreed to terminated their option agreement with Mikel. Under the terms of the agreement Chelsea agreed to pay us, Manchester United £12million, half aid upon the finalisation of the contract and the other half in June 2007, while Lyn Oslo would be paid the agreed £4million which United originally agreed to pay. After I have reminded the staff about this major situation they all seemed a bit apprehensive about the possibility of signing John Obi Mikel. His agent, Tommy Saunders informed me about the possibility of signing his transfer-listed client John Obi Mikel. Saunders reckons he Mikel will be available for an estimated £8.75million bid. Scout Martin Ferguson had already got scout reports for this person. I asked him for his honest opinion. He gave it me. Martin said that someone like John Obi Mikel in my squad would only be a plus for the team. His ability would not only improve the starting XI but increase the ability of the players who would be challenging him for his position. He rates this player 3*/5*, with the potential to grow to around 3½*/5* in Martins opinion. But we all agree the situation that has occurred in the past means it would not be a signing the fans will approve of, plus he is not young. Well he isn’t old, but he isn’t like a youth player he is older than that so it would be as if im going agains my promises of youth, plus we have Phill Jones, who is young and a great prospect for the future, currently Michael Carrick that plays there who is a quality member of the team plus the ability Darren Fletcher, he can play all over midfield with the highest of qualities. This means that’s a no to John Obi Mikel.

We move on.

We start to discuss specific players individual training focus. We start with Paul McGuinness who declares that he feels Ryan Giggs should be focusing on improving his corners over the next few weeks, while Paul Scholes could practice his penalty taking. We need to discuss with Phil Jones about him running with the back through the centre of the pitch. John Cooke would like him to stop doing this but as I feel that we will be playing a more narrow game e, but I would prefer it if Phil would not run with the ball that often. Paul McGuinness then mentions that if Chris Smalling used his individual training to focus on switching the ball to the opposite flank. But with Chris due to be used as a centreback the idea of switching the ball to the opposite flank is not something he should need to learn to do well. Brian McClair speaks up, he wants to talk about the possibility of taking Danny Welbeck and Antonio Valencia from the rotation drawer and stick them straight into the important first team players drawer. I agree with McClair because Danny Welbeck and Antonio Valencia, as it stands, have an important role to play in the first team. Next we go to scouting updates.

View attachment 268214
Scout
I speak to each scout and they provide me with how many players they have recommended this week and show me who those players are.

NameWhereNo. of RecsFile
David FriioSouth America 3View attachment 268200
Martin FergusonUK & Ireland6View attachment 268202
View attachment 268203
John Calvert--ToulminUK & Ireland3View attachment 268205
Nils SchmälerCentral Europe3View attachment 268207

View attachment 268213
Physio

Steve McNally then provided me with the injury report. Thankfully we only have a few players currently injured and they are due back very soon.

NameLength of InjuryInjury
James Weir5 - 7 daysTwisted Knee
Tom Thorpe2 - 4 daysThigh Strain
Will Keane5 - 6 daysDamaged Cruciate Ligament

We are so pleased to announce that after his virus that has had us all puzzled, Darren Fletcher has made a return to action. We are so happy about this because there were a possibility of Darren having to retire from football, but thankfully he has made a return and now just trying to build up some match experience.

View attachment 268199

Friendly
Match TypeHome-AwayReport
FriendlyMUFC4-2ValenciaView attachment 268217
Tour of India '11Dempo Sports Club0-7MUFCView attachment 268219
FriendlyMUFC Reserves0-0TorinoView attachment 268220
Tour of India '11East Bengal0-5MUFCView attachment 268216
Tour of India '11Salgaocar0-9MUFCView attachment 268218

View attachment 268198
International Duty - Match Date : August 9th​

• Belgium Under 21s: Marnick Vermijl, Adnan Januzaj & Charni Ekangamene
  • Italy Under 21s: Federico Macheda & Michele Fornasier
  • Northern Ireland Under 21s: Luke McCullough & Patrick McNair
  • Norway Under 21s: Mats Dæhli
  • Republic of Ireland under 21s: Robbie Brady
  • Spain under 21s: David De Gea
  • Switzerland under 21s: Frederic Veseli
  • Holland Under 19s: Gyliano Van Velzen
  • Wales under 19s: Declan Dalley
  • Republic of Ireland under 19s: Sean McGinty & Sam Byrne

View attachment 268197

• As the start of the Barclays Premier League edges ever closer, The Daily Mirror takes a look at Chelsea’s chances for the upcoming campaign in today’s “Premier League Player Watch”.
  • Chelsea’s chances of qualifying for the continental football will almost be certainly hinge on the performances of Juan Mata, whilst much will also be expected from wonderkid Eden Hazard. Mata made his debut for Spain against Turkey in March 2009 and the flamboyant midfielder has gone on to make eleven appearance for the national side. Mata, who is valued at £22.5 million currently has five years remaining on the £67,000 a week deal at Stamford Bridge
  • With 32 teams in action and 33 goals scored, the best viewing was to be found at Otelul where a crowd of 12,050 witnessed Otelul’s heavy 1-4 aggregate loss against Fenerbahçe. Elsewhere, Barry van Thiel scored a placed close range volley during FC København’s convincing 4-1 aggregate win over Feyenoord and 7,717 watched Ast. Tripolis’ 1-6 aggregate loss against SL Benfica where Bozatzidis scored the pick of the goals with a close range header. A total of 174,633 supporters were out in force around the UEFA Champions League.
  • ESPN have announced that on Saturday 20th​ August 2011 Manchester United will have the 17:30 Kickoff. Meanwhile,Sky Sports have chosen Manchester United for the Monday Night Football on the 2nd​ of January 2012. Manchester United will earn £1,000,000 in television revenue from these 2 matches.

View attachment 268222

View attachment 268195Selection Head Ache for Roy Hodgson

• England coach Roy Hodgson has names his squad for the friendly against Peru on Wednesday.
  • Rio Ferdinand’s England career under manager Roy Hodgson is rumoured to be at an end after he was left out the squad to face Peru. Reports have suggested that the 32-year-old is being rested but the speculation on the Manchester United central defenders England future will continue to mount until the team next European Championships qualifying match.
View attachment 268196Selection Head Ache for Roy Hodgson
  • England coach Roy Hodgson has names his squad for the friendly against Peru on Wednesday.
  • No real surprises and regulars Rio Ferdinand and Glenn Johnson are all rested as Hodgson looks to take the opportunity to experiment with other players.
  • Chelsea forward Daniel Sturridge could be given the opportunity to win his first cap along with a number of players, including Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and David Stockdale. With the squad also boasting a large number of youngsters, Hodgson must believe that it will be possible to win the game with youth.

Week 5 ... 01/08/11 - 07/08/11 Transfers

Transfers...
This week we finally agreed a fee for the young French defender Kurt Zouma. The 16 year old centreback from As Saint Etienne, was seemed to be priced out of a possible move to Manchester United, when his club valued the 16 year old at £7million. My staff were determined that i have to sign this kid and he could only be a success here at Utd. Unfortunately I set of for the 'Tour of India' this week, so Sir Alex Ferguson & David Gill will be stepping in and taking charge of this for me but will run everything by me first as i am cautious about how much they want for him. Sir Alex has told me that when Manchester United go in for a player the price will sky rocket, thats just how it is. So i do not want to spend so much so i have asked Sir Alex and David to please keep me informed. The process started by them, they accecpted an inquiry from me and said they would require a structured deal worth £5.8m, this would breakdown to £5.75 + 25% of the profits from the next sale of Kurt Zouma. This was just to much .. and only by a little bit, Kurt Zouma is 16 years old and has a long time left in the game i am not prepared to give and percentage of profits because this could mean a big sum of the money could be lost for Utd. So while i was still there i decide to renegotiate, ok i offered more money but it was over time and would be affordable with ease. I offered just £2.7million + £1.5million(20 League Games) + £2million (20 International Games). This did take the offer to an excess of £6.2million, but i felt it was a deal adequate enough for a 16 year old.Unfortunately i had to leave for the tour now so the deal will be left in Sir Alex 's and David Gill's hand. Meanwhile while on the plane i had an idea which may just persuade them to sell. But i cant do anything now till i get off the plane and settled at the hotel.It had taken a couple of days for AS saint-Etienne to get back to use, i was sent a copy of the emails that they sent back to Old Trafford, plus Sir Alex added that he will not reply until i request him too. The email read that they had returned the with a counter offer which is quite ridiculous. The want £5.75million upfront + 35% of the profits from the next sale, £1.6million after 20 league games and £2.1million after just 1 international game. This wasn't acceptable to me, a deal in excess of £9.4million. This was clearly them making it clear that my deal was unacceptable. So the message i sent to Sir Alex was about the size of the club, obviously i didn't need to explain this but what is meant, the money that would and could be produced if United went to them and played a friendly that could be the thing that could settle this deal. I send a message back to send the off of £5.5million, this much because the way the responded to our first re-negotiation, i feel that this would be the minimum they would possibly accept, they would not accept if it was just this offer, but with the offer of a friendly thrown in there, this would be a deal they possibly cant refuse. Quickly after this i was presented with a message that AS Saint-Etienne had accepted the bid. This is great news for the club, the prospect of this young defender is of the highest of expectations. But we haven't signed him yet, that will be left up to Sir Alex, as i cant be there to oversee the process there is no one better to have!The message i receive is that Sir Alex had offered Kurt a:

'Hot Prospects' Contract
£7,500 p/week - Wage
July 2014 - Contract Expiry
£2,900 p/week - Appearance Fee
£110,000 - Loyalty Bonus
£93,000 - Agent Fee
25% a year pay rise
£25,000 - Wage after 25 League games

I am generally happy with the deal that Sir Alex has produced, he claimed that Kurt was happy with the offer and this was the first draft of the contract. Kurt accepted the deal that was put infront of him and his agent was satisfied with the deal. My only query would be to Sir Alex is that if he accepted the offer straight away, why didn't he try a lower offer to start with? why does a 16 year old need to be on £7.5k a week? and WHY does his wage shoot up to £25k a week when he reaches 25 league games i understand that if he was to play that many games he would be probably breaking into the first team, but that really didn't need to be their! Sir Alex did mention that this was the one requirement his agent requested was to be there.Kurt signed his contract and was taken to Bridewater Hospital for his medical, I told Sir Alex before i left that if we sign him, to take him straight for his medical. With him being 16, we wanted to get this done as soon as possible to produce the least amount of stress as we could for the lad. Fortunately, he was happy with his contract and went for his medical straight away so he signed very quickly after signing his contract. Manchester United are pleased to announce the signing of 16 year old French centre-back Kurt Zouma. Zouma singed from french club AS Saint-Etienne. The young french defender joined Manchester United for a fee of around £5.5million, with Manchester United agreeing to play a friendly with AS Saint-Etienne within the next 12 months. Reports are that Kurt signed a deal worth around £1.2 million. This is great deal for the 16 year old whose contract could rise to £3.25million depending on appearances for the youngster.There will be a press conference in the next few days to officially unveil 16 year old French defender Kurt Zouma...

..Kurt Zouma..Welcome to Manchester United

Last edited:
very interesting read keep up the great work.... Zouma is a beast!!!

Week 5 ... 01/08/11 - 07/08/11 Zouma Press Conference

Kurt Zouma unveiled by Manchester United

Sir Alex Ferguson unveiled Kurt Zouma to the world today as Richard Marston was not available as he is currently on tour in India.

View attachment 268649

As Zouma is just 16 years old, do you see this signing more as one for the future?
Sir Alex Ferguson - "I think that’s definitely the case. As you lot are aware, I am not only trying to bring more success to Man Utd but I have to build for the future and I’ve already stated I will most likely buy youth players."

Do you think it will be a problem that Kurt doesn’t speak English?
Sir Alex Ferguson - "Well I think moving to a new club would be full of little difficulties to overcome and this will be just one of them. We have French speaking players here I’m sure they will help him settle in."

View attachment 268650

Well you have Patrice Evra who speaks French, will he be helping Zouma to settle at the club?
Sir Alex Ferguson - "Well its important for a new player to have somebody to have somebody at the club they can talk to easily, and I’m sure Pat well be happy to help. There a few similarities between Pat and Kurt, both from France, both defenders. I hope Pat naturally takes Kurt under his wing and shows him how to act on and off the pitch. Pat is a model professional and is the ideal person to help Kurt settle."

Last edited:
I support Man City but I love the depth of the story keep it up, just don't beat city! haha