Manchester United have become stronger since Cristiano Ronaldo left

Interesting to see we've scored more. Wasn't expecting that really. More goals conceded is obviously down to the injuries, and obviously nothing to do with Ronaldo.

Having said that, if we don't win either the league or the CL, then it'll be said that we missed him, which given he's one of the best players in the world, would be inevitable. Considering that he is, we've coped rather ****** well.

I still think that £16M at the time was very over priced. In my opinion, £8-9M would have been adequate.

It's an inflated market mate, don't forget that. Wigan would not have sold him for anything below 15M. The £16M is a decent price now considering how well he has been playing plus he can only get better. Can't really think of another right winger who you could get for that price who would have had the same impact. Let's not forget Valencia turned down a move to Madrid.

my point exactly, its all very well saying we should have bought for 8-9 million, but thats not how football works.

Valencia is a really good player, ome of few utd players i actually like? you think you overpaid madsheep? i think it was a good deal considering we payed 18m for santa cruz

you've completey misread my comments, on the contrary my pointis that we DIDNT overpay for him. as i said earlier,
its a fair whack, but there arent many other wingers you could get for 16 million and have that impact down the right
it was DMF who said we'd overpaid

I reckon we are better as a unit, a better running machine. It was a one man show with Ronaldo but Rooney and Park have stepped up, Valencia is a top notch winger and we have good youth prospects in Welbeck, Macheda, Gibson etc.

i dont think they are better but i think they have become more of a team. more united if you mind the pun.

Put it this way, I'd much rather pay £16m for Valencia than I would for Nani. :p

Put it this way, I'd much rather pay £16m for Valencia than I would for Nani. :p

But playing them together is unreal the amount of goals we got from them two being in the same team must be high dont know the actual stat just a guess from the last 2 months