Manchester United owner's debts hit £1.1bn

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 5K
All this talk of a United profit is bullshit, yes the Glazers' debt is on their own personal assets but United didn't make a profit last year, I believe they made £22,000,000 revenue, which was after £80,000,000 for Ronaldo, so this season their revenue will be -£58,000,000, as whatever United make on and off the field is hindered massively by interest repayments, wages etc. So although the Glazers' technically have all the debt on them, they are using United to pay of the debt, which is quite unfortunate for you, not that I in a millions years would feel sympathy for United :)

I know you're rivals with 'em and all.. but still, could be a little sympathetic towards them in a situation like this.

No thanks. I'll be sympathetic if they completely go to ****, lose everything, go into admin, get relegated. Aside from that, them being slowed from buying players for bigger sums, I think, is great news.

what the glazers have done is ******* disgraceful

All this talk of a United profit is bullshit, yes the Glazers' debt is on their own personal assets but United didn't make a profit last year, I believe they made £22,000,000 revenue, which was after £80,000,000 for Ronaldo, so this season their revenue will be -£58,000,000, as whatever United make on and off the field is hindered massively by interest repayments, wages etc. So although the Glazers' technically have all the debt on them, they are using United to pay of the debt, which is quite unfortunate for you, not that I in a millions years would feel sympathy for United :)

First of all you don't understand the in's and out's of Manchester United's finances, you have just quoted stuff that you read in newspapers. Secondly, as said in a previous post, when the Glazers can't afford the repayments on the club anymore they will sell to the highest bidder. They are not going to run the club into the ground because they would lose hundreds of millions, they are billionaires so they know how to make money. They will know when the time is right to sell, there is absolutely no danger of Manchester United going into meltdown so sorry to dissapoint all the rival fans lol.

no you have it VERY wrong. if our revenue was 22,000,000 we'd be making no money at all. our revenue last sseaon was 278,500,000

Aren't there talks that in 2012 that there will be a rule that clubs that are in huge debt or something like that will be excluded from the champions league?

if thats the case, well, we're screwed:(

First of all you don't understand the in's and out's of Manchester United's finances, you have just quoted stuff that you read in newspapers. Secondly, as said in a previous post, when the Glazers can't afford the repayments on the club anymore they will sell to the highest bidder. They are not going to run the club into the ground because they would lose hundreds of millions, they are billionaires so they know how to make money. They will know when the time is right to sell, there is absolutely no danger of Manchester United going into meltdown so sorry to dissapoint all the rival fans lol.

Lol don't be a mong mate anyone can get financial information from a club it's like £1, why would I need to bother making the numbers up? Although yes the £58,000,000 is just an estimate but I'm probably not far off. Yes the Glazers know how to make money... For themselves. I never said United would go into meltdown but you really aren't making money, I mean if you were do you really think the debt would have grown so much so fast?

Since when have United made an £80m profit each year? They sold Ronaldo for £80m this season and didn't make anywhere near that profit I heard?

Last season they made £80,000,000 according to ManUtd.com, skysports, forbes, guardian and the Times

Aren't there talks that in 2012 that there will be a rule that clubs that are in huge debt or something like that will be excluded from the champions league?

if thats the case, well, we're screwed:(

Well then Real Madrid and Barcelona would also have to be excluded from the competition which is not going to happen because UEFA would lose loads of money.

no you have it VERY wrong. if our revenue was 22,000,000 we'd be making no money at all. our revenue last sseaon was 278,500,000

Sorry yeah the revenue is the gross income, my bad. What I meant to say was your 'profit' from revenue was £22,000,000

Lol don't be a mong mate anyone can get financial information from a club it's like £1, why would I need to bother making the numbers up? Although yes the £58,000,000 is just an estimate but I'm probably not far off. Yes the Glazers know how to make money... For themselves. I never said United would go into meltdown but you really aren't making money, I mean if you were do you really think the debt would have grown so much so fast?

If we are not making money as you put it then I highly doubt that the banks would of agreed to lend hundreds of millions against the club. Also the debt has not grown, I don't know where you got that idea from, all thats happened is that the repayment plan has changed.

Sorry yeah the revenue is the gross income, my bad. What I meant to say was your 'profit' from revenue was £22,000,000
no worries. to respond to what you are saying earlier. we are maing money, but it is being offestt by the intrest we paying on the debt, even though we are turning into an absolute powerhouse on the commercial front. its not as bleak as you make out, but we certainly by no means danger free. we are on a dangerous path with the glazers

If we are not making money as you put it then I highly doubt that the banks would of agreed to lend hundreds of millions against the club. Also the debt has not grown, I don't know where you got that idea from, all thats happened is that the repayment plan has changed.

1. Banks are idiots, why do you think there was a financial crisis
2. They lend it to the Glazers' not United

And as for the debt not changing, why is the thread titled 'debts hit £1.1bn' I'm assuming that means rising to £1.1bn

no worries. to respond to what you are saying earlier. we are maing money, but it is being offestt by the intrest we paying on the debt, even though we are turning into an absolute powerhouse on the commercial front. its not as bleak as you make out, but we certainly by no means danger free. we are on a dangerous path with the glazers

Yeah I know you make money but it goes on interest, that is what I said orignally.

Here are the finances for anyone who wants them - http://www.mediafire.com/?wzzeznzzdue

I think they are for the last financial year (It's a long read)

And as for the debt not changing, why is the thread titled 'debts hit £1.1bn' I'm assuming that means rising to £1.1bn

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Yeah I know you make money but it goes on interest, that is what I said orignally.

Here are the finances for anyone who wants them - http://www.mediafire.com/?wzzeznzzdue

ah now i understand you confusion. the 1.1 billion is the GLAZERS debt, not the debt leveraged on manchester united. yes thats right they were already in debt yet managed to buy a football clubs

The thread title says Glazers hit by 1.1 billion debt not United so you should read the article more carefully. As for your claim that our profits all going on interest thats also incorrect, its an assumption many have made because of the managers recent transfer policy. Fergie spent 33 million on Obertan, Tosic, Smalling, Diouf and Hernandez. That money could of been spent on a superstar like Gourcuff or Silva, but the manager wanted to spend it on youngsters, thats the managers choice so I don't understand why people say the manager does not have money, its just that he has spent it very poorly.

Liverpool are in a more unstable finacial position than Man U because they are not in the champions league have a big debt don't make a profit and can't pay it off

I can't remember but in about the 2006/2007 season Chelsea made a 140,000,000 loss which Abramovich paid off

Back