Manchester United owner's debts hit £1.1bn

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 5K
I know you're rivals with 'em and all.. but still, could be a little sympathetic towards them in a situation like this.

to be fair their fans took great pleasure when it happend to others (us) if people wanna laugh back at them... well you reap what you sow.

The thread title says Glazers hit by 1.1 billion debt not United so you should read the article more carefully. As for your claim that our profits all going on interest thats also incorrect, its an assumption many have made because of the managers recent transfer policy. Fergie spent 33 million on Obertan, Tosic, Smalling, Diouf and Hernandez. That money could of been spent on a superstar like Gourcuff or Silva, but the manager wanted to spend it on youngsters, thats the managers choice so I don't understand why people say the manager does not have money, its just that he has spent it very poorly.

How do you know it was that much everywhere I look it says they were undisclosed?
You never know some of them have shown glimpses of brilliance but 2 have not yet played a game 1 has been loaned out as well as diouf being loaned for quite a long time and obertan and diouf have both struggled with injuries

to be fair their fans took great pleasure when it happend to others (us) if people wanna laugh back at them... well you reap what you sow.
you massively overspent on money you didnt really have. united and liverpool were leveraged into debt via takeovers.

Couldn't be arsed reading through the earlier posts because no doubt its the typical ABU jargon but at the end of the day there will always be someone somewhere who will buy Man Utd. If anything it might hasten the Glazer's departure from OT

still debt none the less and WE didnt spend anything what we didnt have..... our ex chairman did

on another note im not actually taking pleasure from anyone in debt i think its getting abit of a joke to be honest and it needs sorting and capping. i just mean i can see why some people would like to see manchester go bust.

Last edited:
The thread title says Glazers hit by 1.1 billion debt not United so you should read the article more carefully. As for your claim that our profits all going on interest thats also incorrect, its an assumption many have made because of the managers recent transfer policy. Fergie spent 33 million on Obertan, Tosic, Smalling, Diouf and Hernandez. That money could of been spent on a superstar like Gourcuff or Silva, but the manager wanted to spend it on youngsters, thats the managers choice so I don't understand why people say the manager does not have money, its just that he has spent it very poorly.
its easy to knock transfers in hindshight and they werent exactly all bought in one season were they? stay on topic

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

still debt none the less and WE didnt spend anything what we didnt have..... our ex chairman did
completely different scenarios. anyway dont take this off topic

its easy to knock transfers in hindshight and they werent exactly all bought in one season were they? stay on topic

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

completely different scenarios. anyway dont take this off topic

It is on topic, many people say our lack of quality signings is because the manager does not have money to spend and they blame the Glazers. I was making the point that this is not the case, the manager has had alot of money to spend, its just that he has spent it on players that are not good enough. We spent 12 million on Smalling, for another 4 million we would of got Diego from Werder Bremen which would of solved the Scholes position, and then Fergie claims there is no value in the market, excuses. Anyone remember the Tosic and Ljajic transfers, that was also pretty pointless.

It is on topic, many people say our lack of quality signings is because the manager does not have money to spend and they blame the Glazers. I was making the point that this is not the case, the manager has had alot of money to spend, its just that he has spent it on players that are not good enough. We spent 12 million on Smalling, for another 4 million we would of got Diego from Werder Bremen which would of solved the Scholes position, and then Fergie claims there is no value in the market, excuses.

think he meant me staying on topic :)

It is on topic, many people say our lack of quality signings is because the manager does not have money to spend and they blame the Glazers. I was making the point that this is not the case, the manager has had alot of money to spend, its just that he has spent it on players that are not good enough. We spent 12 million on Smalling, for another 4 million we would of got Diego from Werder Bremen which would of solved the Scholes position, and then Fergie claims there is no value in the market, excuses. Anyone remember the Tosic and Ljajic transfers, that was also pretty pointless.
dont talk about the transfers anyway since they not really to do with this, and half the time you dont seem to know what you're talking about in all honesty

dont talk about the transfers anyway since they not really to do with this, and half the time you dont seem to know what you're talking about in all honesty

This thread is Glazer related so it is on topic, the Glazers have been used as a smokescreen for Fergie's poor signings and wasting of all our transfer funds. I am defending the Glazers in a way, because people say they are not giving Fergie money to spend when in fact the manager has had more then enough money to have a much stronger team then we currently do.

tbh some of the chelsea fans on this thread are acting like idiots whats tbh point in putting things like haha good cause i certainly wouldnt like it if this was happening to us and utd fans were laughing and writing how happy they are i feel a bit sorry for the utd fans because their club is owned by proper ***** who should of sold the club way before now

The Glazer's a smokescreen for Fergie's bad signings!!!!!!!!!

Catch yourself on Dude

This thread is Glazer related so it is on topic, the Glazers have been used as a smokescreen for Fergie's poor signings and wasting of all our transfer funds. I am defending the Glazers in a way, because people say they are not giving Fergie money to spend when in fact the manager has had more then enough money to have a much stronger team then we currently do.
omg shut up you actually have no idea what this is about do you? forget the transfers you clown, that is not crippling our club. its the 714 millon and the interest that is. united would be an abosulte powerhouse in the tranfser market were it not for the debt. you're geninuely giving me a headhache. like so many gloryhunters you cant see the wood for the trees. argh you infuriate me

tbh some of the chelsea fans on this thread are acting like idiots whats tbh point in putting things like haha good cause i certainly wouldnt like it if this was happening to us and utd fans were laughing and writing how happy they are i feel a bit sorry for the utd fans because their club is owned by proper ***** who should of sold the club way before now

Its personal opinion mate. People don't have to be nice about everything. I know I wouldn't like it if people were dissing Chelsea but they still would, and we still get laid into more than most clubs on this site. Why not give some of it back?

i dont expect people to feel sorry for us. i just get ****** off by people who just post it all over the thread and troll. its not constructive in anyway

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Its personal opinion mate. People don't have to be nice about everything. I know I wouldn't like it if people were dissing Chelsea but they still would, and we still get laid into more than most clubs on this site. Why not give some of it back?
you say dont get compared to cjacko, but you're doing exactly what he got banned for. trolling

Back