Manchester United- the next generation.

First day at training- part two

8th July 2011
Carrington Training Centre

He would meet his new staff before giving his office a clearout later. Stepping outside, he shook hands with Mike Phelan, Rene Meulensteen and Paul McGuinness.

Mike Phelan spoke first: "Good morning Gabriel, congratulations on getting this job." There was an element of gritted teeth in Phelan's voice which Gabriel spotted- he was one of the favourites to be appointed. "As we came here early, we thought we would introduce ourselves as members of your new coaching staff."
"Thank you, please have a seat. There are a number of issues that I would like to talk to you about."
Each of them pulled up a chair against the desk, scattered with paperclips, pens and printed a4 documents.
"Firstly, my thoughts on the basic formation for the team, is a 4-4-2, with Darren Fletcher in defensive midfield, Valencia and Nani attacking on the right and left wing."
"Well it may take a while for Fletcher to settle into his position, he'll be injured for all of pre-season and will need to be trained to play there. Until then we may want to play Carrick in that position as a deep-lying playmaker."
"That might be best. The other formations I want the team to be able to convert to are 4-2-3-1 (for when we are in need of a goal) with Giggs and Anderson in the centre of midfield, Ashley Young on the left, Valencia on the right, Rooney in the hole, linking up play in midfield so he gets more time on the ball, and Hernandez up front as a poacher. I'll be looking to use Giggs, Young and Hernandez as my impact subs.
In terms of when we need to try and defend, I'll be looking to implement a 4-1-4-1 formation, with Rooney on his own up front, and basically swapping his strike partner, for another midfielder. Valencia and Nani will be asked to play deeper to help us keep the ball."
"I like those ideas Gabriel, hopefully we can help the team become acustomed to that system. Have you got players in mind in terms of transfers?"
"Yes. I'm looking at a couple of young strikers, Mbaye Niang and Carlos Fierro to give them some game time in matches where we can afford to rotate a bit. I've heard great things about them. I'm also thinking of selling Rio Ferdinand to buy Kyriakos Papadopoulos to build a long-term partnership between him and Phil Jones- Vidic still being my first choice defender before he retires though. I'm also thinking of signing Felipe Anderson, Emre Can and Nathan Redmond depending on what my scouts opinion of them is. If I can sell the likes of Darron Gibson, Thomas Kuszczak, Michael Owen, Diouf amonst others who aren't part of my long-term plans for the club, that should free up the transfer funds slightly."
Phelan, Meulensteen and Paul McGuinness all looked at each other with a feeling of relief- they seemed to agree that Gabriel knew what he was doing, presumably worried about him having little managerial experience before this.
Gabriel showed them out, he would be meeting the players in a couple of hours, and he couldn't wait.

Hi all- hope you like this so far, been quite busy lately so ive dragged it out a bit, but let us know what you think- all comments appreciated.
cheers

8th July 2011
Carrington Training Centre

Gabriel gathered all the players around him. "Good morning everyone. First of all, I'd like to say that I'm delighted to manage as talented a group of players as you lot. In my opinion, we have the best squad in the league, and one of the best in europe. I'm sure that all of your abilities can help the club beat Manchester City to the Premiership title, and I believe, Barcelona to the Champions League. However, what I really want to say to you all is this: your talent alone, is not enough. If we want to continue that winning mentality that Sir Alex laid out for us, we are going to have to work very, very hard for that. Do you understand?"
With the players nodding faintly assuming this to be more of a rhetorical question than personal, Gabriel continued:
"So, I therefore have three demands of you, for the whole time in which you are under my management at this football club. Firstly, I want everybody to call me boss. If you show respect to me, I promise to respect you. Secondly, I want you to turn up, on time, prepared for training every day. No excuses. If the traffic is bad, get here earlier. Thirdly, I want you to show me 100% commitment in matches and in training whenever you play. I want you to cover every single blade of grass, always strive for that late run into either box and never bottle out of tackles or headers. At this point I will warn you that any player, I repeat, any player that doesn't do this, will be gone from this club quicker than you can say 'sold'. However, I would also like to say that if each and every one of you do show me, the fans and the club this kind of commitment, and we don't win the Premiership title, I will take every shred of responsibility for that. Is that clear to everybody?"
The whole team nodded, with more determination on their faces this time.
"Great. Well, I'm delighted to announce that we have a pre-season tour of Norway, we catch our flights on Monday, make sure you get a copy of the itinery at the end of the training session. Oh, and one last thing, make sure that you stop with these diving habits." His eyes warningly flickered towards Ashley Young's for a moment. "We're one of the best teams in the world and we're better than that. Dismissed."

good post! real good read!!! if done my September update if you don't mind checking it out

right folks, that's it for updates tonight, another few coming tommorrow- comments appreciated- cheers

right folks, that's it for updates tonight, another few coming tommorrow- comments appreciated- cheers

Appeciate the work and the creativity, I've done one more post tonight if you don't mind checking it out and letting me know what you think. Look forward to your posts tomorrow. Will definitely be reading!

I don't expect u to reply seeing as your finishing fortnight but just want to say that this is an excellent story and will definatley be following.

I don't expect u to reply seeing as your finishing fortnight but just want to say that this is an excellent story and will definatley be following.

nah it's just im not doing anymore updates tonight- thanks a lot, glad u like it :)

Your a firm boss! Lol that's good though tell Giggs not to sleep with models as he is a role model (sorry about pun). Great story pal.

Back