Manchester United vs Aston Villa - 1/2/11

Goal saving challenge, perfect from dunne

Dunne atoning for a pretty poor first half with that interception.

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

Houllier ruining all the fun of Makoun being Villa's only CM. :(

Friedel has been superb tonight, unfortunate to have conceded three. But really, thought Berbs in his current form would have lapped that up.

Great save, but how did Berbs miss?
smashed it just as it hit the ground, therefore its popping up, he might as well had drop kicked it. though a man of his technique should he doing much better

Friedel has been immense, could have been 7 or 8 today

Rooney hit that ridiculously well, good strong hand from Friedel again!

Rooney denied his hat-trick. Friedel has been superb tonight.

Giggs is putting in a great defensive shift tonight.

Evra to Berbatov and Berbatov... falls over.

Last edited:
Fair result. Happy enough with it too, we weren't spanked. We can push on now and take on winnable games with our newfound quality.

Good win, nice to see Rooney scoring two as well. Looks like I got my prediction right for once. Oh I almost forgot to add, top and still unbeaten :D

It feels like a cruel scoreline and yet not at all because Man U were just better tonight, not a poor performance though, we just weren't good enough going forward in the first half or defensively and Rooney was clinical, Vidic struck lucky.

I need to say, Makoun was excellent today, he looked really good, great passing and didn't try anything over the top. He could be a top signing for Villa.

Fair result. Happy enough with it too, we weren't spanked. We can push on now and take on winnable games with our newfound quality.

Thought it was quite a good performance from Villa, especially Makoun and Friedel. Just came up against a ruthless United side at home, and Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra were all superb defensively. Not many teams could do much better imo!