Manchester United vs Aston Villa - 1/2/11

Today we equalled our longest unbeaten run streak of 29 games :) Good attacking performance and looked like scoring more but full credit to Villa, they played brilliantly especially Makoun and Friedel. Much better again from Villa.

Last edited:
Aston Villa manager Gerard Houllier: "We were beaten by a team that was brilliant. I think they played fantastically well. They were superior to us. The only positives you can say is that we are improving in our team play. We drew with them in the second half and that is mainly due to Brad Friedel."

Overslept and missed first 50 mins, :'( . Have to download and watch the full match again. From what i saw, Rooney, Nani , Giggsy were excellent. Makoun's transfer looks like bargain. Very very good player for Villa. Hope they kick on from here.

I wonder what more Carrick had to do to get mentioned somewhere. He was brilliant. Team with Carrick is excellent than the team without him. He brings so much balance and defensive stability, but sad that his work goes with out any recognition. He is our most important mid fielder who can striker the balance.

And how underrated is Nani. He is having amazing season, better than any player out there in the league with 7 or 8 goals and 12 assists only in league but i haven't seen anyone mentioning his name when it comes to PFA player of the year .His reputation just clouds everyones judgement.

Overslept and missed first 50 mins, :'( . Have to download and watch the full match again. From what i saw, Rooney, Nani , Giggsy were excellent. Makoun's transfer looks like bargain. Very very good player for Villa. Hope they kick on from here.

I wonder what more Carrick had to do to get mentioned somewhere. He was brilliant. Team with Carrick is excellent than the team without him. He brings so much balance and defensive stability, but sad that his work goes with out any recognition. He is our most important mid fielder who can striker the balance.

And how underrated is Nani. He is having amazing season, better than any player out there in the league with 7 or 8 goals and 12 assists only in league but i haven't seen anyone mentioning his name when it comes to PFA player of the year .His reputation just clouds everyones judgement.

it was a cracking match my friend, nani was from another planet and the reason why nobody mentioned him in this thread is because we are all so elated to have rooney firing again :)

Nani's been on fire this season, he is the only player I like from United.

Not too excited with the result, gotta reckon I was expecting a draw, but hopefully we'll get back on the track and start winning games.

Anyone happen to know why the players are wearing black armbands?
It's the closest home game to the anniversary of the Munich air disaster so they were wearing them to honour the victims and their families.