Reaction score

200px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.png
190px-Valencia_Cf_Logo_original.png

Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester
Kick Off: 19:45 GMT
Channels: Sky Sports 2, BBC Radio
Streams: Will post when available

Team News:

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has promised to name his strongest available side in order to win the group ahead of opponents tonight Valencia. That means that Wayne Rooney will continue his comeback after his long time out with an ankle injury and contract problems. Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand are also set to start in a defence that has yet to concede a goal in the competition yet, and another 90 minutes without conceding would see them become the first side ever to qualify to the knockout rounds without having conceded a goal.

Predicted Line Up:

Van Der Sar
Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Nani Fletcher Scholes Park
Berbatov Rooney

Valencia come to Old Trafford knowing they must win to top the group, although they have already qualified for the knockout stages. Last time these two teams met a late Javier Hernandez goal was the decider at the Mestalla, but Valencia have since gone on to victories over Rangers and Bursaspor. Los Che could have a dilemma in goal, with first choice Cesar Sanchez only playing twice in recent weeks just to a hamstring injury and his understudy Miguel Angel Moya out with a torn thigh muscle.

David Navarro, Manuel Fernandes, Mehmet Topal and Jeremy Mathieu are also out, but Miguel could be involved after appearing as a substitute in the 2-0 against Real following a brief spell out with a thigh injury.

Predicted Line Up:

Cesar
Miguel Costa Maduro Stankevic
Albelda
Alba Costa
Joaquin ----------------------- Mata
Soldado

My Prediction:

Manchester United 2-0 Valencia
Rooney, Nani

Last edited:
will united be the first team in UCL history to keep 6 clean sheets in a row?

No 2-1 Man Utd

I think we can do it to be honest Calum. They didn't cause us many problems at the Mestalla, and we're doing well defensively at the minute. I'm optimistic.

United are in a good form and the team did not play this weekend so rest is on our side. It's a tough call since Valencia is a respectable opponent but I think that United will do it. The team to have the record of both scoring the most at the group stage and to keep all of the clean sheets in the group as well... sounds very respectable, does it not? Not to mention promising for the rest of this tournament when it comes to the clean sheets.

Any other predictions?

my prediction, 2-0 United. Berbatov and Nani with the goals. i'm also predicting a cold tomorrow morning, its ****** freezing in Manchester tonight!

my prediction, 2-0 United. Berbatov and Nani with the goals. i'm also predicting a cold tomorrow morning, its ****** freezing in Manchester tonight!

Interesting that you think Berbatov will score, considering he hasn't scored in Europe for about 18 games I think it is. I don't think he's scored a European goal for Manchester United.. although I'm not 100% sure on that..

I think that this will be booooooring game :S

i cant chose between my prediction...

either 5 or 6-0

or 1-0.

All depending on what team Sir Alex decide field...

Interesting that you think Berbatov will score, considering he hasn't scored in Europe for about 18 games I think it is. I don't think he's scored a European goal for Manchester United.. although I'm not 100% sure on that..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBR7Jl28pMI"]YouTube - Dimitar Berbatov // Revolution 09/10 //[/ame] At about 37 secs vs copenhagen i think.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Man Utd 3-0 Valencia Rooney (2) Hernandez

Man United to comfortably take care of Valencia.

Dimitat Berbatov hasn't scored a European goal for Manchester United since his brace against Aalborg BK on 30th September 2008 - his first goals for the Red Devils.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

BTW, mistake by BBC. Darren Fletcher IS in the squad.

Dimitat Berbatov hasn't scored a European goal for Manchester United since his brace against Aalborg BK on 30th September 2008 - his first goals for the Red Devils.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

BTW, mistake by BBC. Darren Fletcher IS in the squad.

Its Dimitar ;)