Mancini ready to drop Balotelli

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 3K
I like how Mancini's tried to pin this on Balotelli when in reality they should have won that game without him and its Mancini's negative tactics that brought this loss about. Sure, Balotelli is temperamental and immature but City still had a squad probably worth about £200m which should have been more than capable of beating Dinamo Kiev over two legs.

...Same goes for the apparently quiet Edin Dzeko, who had a war going on whilst he was growing up.

As did Modric, and he has a terrific personality.

The whole world sees that Balotelli has the talent to become an incredible footballer (not necessarily an incredible player, mind you) - this is undeniable. The problem to me, however, seems to be that Balotelli fancies himself to already be a tremendous player, which is certainly not the case. He absolutely needs to realize that talent alone is not sufficient to reach his full potential. Just as soon as he sorts himself out, he'll start to shine. Unfortunately, I think that there was something seriously lacking in his upbringing for such a realization to ever kick in.
Mourinho, who is often praised for his knowledge of the inner workings of the mind, obviously spotted this weakness, but I'm guessing that Balotelli cannot stand hearing that he is not perfect. Now, I know nothing of his upbringing or his childhood - I could be dreadfully wrong - but I'm going to assume that he was brought up in the "you're a unique and special flower, perfect in every way" spirit that has caused an entire western generation to become narcissistic, self-important egomaniacs, absolutely allergic to any form of criticism. And sometimes, grass.

I like how Mancini's tried to pin this on Balotelli when in reality they should have won that game without him and its Mancini's negative tactics that brought this loss about. Sure, Balotelli is temperamental and immature but City still had a squad probably worth about £200m which should have been more than capable of beating Dinamo Kiev over two legs.

There is so much fail in your post it's hard to know where to start.

Have you never assembled a squad for £200m on FM? You'll notice they don't gel instantly? If you were put into an 11 man team, quality regardless, it would take you a while to learn how your team mates play and how you can help and fit into that team. Mancini's negative tactics? Wtf is that? Man City were beaten away from home, where Dinamo K are much more comfortable, and beat them at home - granted it wasn't enough goals but that's football. The ten men of Man City worked their socks off but the man advantage was too much for them - which, as the recipient of the red card for a foolish challenge - is Mario Balotelli's fault.

He is the Anelka of the new generation, hugely talented, yet risks throwing it all away if he doesn't sort his attitude out.

Anelka was no way this bad.

I like some aspects of him i.e the outspokenness etc but getting sent off in a game like that so early on is very stupid indeed. There is no dout the man has talent he has scored 10goals in 20 appearences in arguably the toughest league in the world in his first season here. Football needs characters like this, yes its good to see the role models i.e Giggs/Scholes etc but its also nice to see abit of badness in the game but he needs to keep it simple on the field.

he is a really good player and he showed it in a few matches, but his attitude is inacceptable. Hopefully it will change.

if mourinho couldn't tame him a wussy italian like mancini hasn't got a chance

The excuse of City haven't gelled is so laughable at this stage of the season. If they can't gel after close to a season then i don't know how many more seasons they want. Regardless of what happens they will keep signing players and we will see the same excuse.

Hart: more than 3 years.
Richards: Youth product, played close to 5 years
Kompany: third season if i'm not wrong.
Toure/Lescott: Second season
Kolarov: First season

De Jong: 2 and half seasons
Barry: Second season
Yaya TOure: First

Sila: First
Balotelli: First
Tevez: Second

Many players have played more than a season and Yaya, Silva are ever present in the city team, so "City need time to gel' is not a good excuse at this stage of the season.

The excuse of City haven't gelled is so laughable at this stage of the season. If they can't gel after close to a season then i don't know how many more seasons they want. Regardless of what happens they will keep signing players and we will see the same excuse.

Hart: more than 3 years.
Richards: Youth product, played close to 5 years
Kompany: third season if i'm not wrong.
Toure/Lescott: Second season
Kolarov: First season

De Jong: 2 and half seasons
Barry: Second season
Yaya TOure: First

Sila: First
Balotelli: First
Tevez: Second

Many players have played more than a season and Yaya, Silva are ever present in the city team, so "City need time to gel' is not a good excuse at this stage of the season.

How? It's not like they can't win games. They need to fully gel together before we will see the BEST!

You can see the improvment since the first game of the season against Spurs. They are gelling...but it will take longer to reach the top.

Why do City even need excuses? They are 3rd in the league and in the FA cup semi final. It has been a good season. Are you expecting them to win the title straight away?

I never did...

Last edited:
How? It's not like they can't win games. They need to fully gel together before we will see the BEST!

You can see the improvment since the first game of the season against Spurs. They are gelling...but it will take longer to reach the top.

They are gelling. We have just 9 more games to go in the season. Again in the summer we will see few more signings, again you will come up with the same thing again "They are gelling"?

There is an improvement for sure, but by this time i don't expect anyone to use "Gelling" excuse.

I haven't said City supporters are making excuse. It applies for everyone who uses that.

I expected City to win Europa or League cup.

They are gelling. We have just 9 more games to go in the season. Again in the summer we will see few more signings, again you will come up with the same thing again "They are gelling"?

There is an improvement for sure, but by this time i don't expect anyone to use "Gelling" excuse.

I haven't said City supporters are making excuse. It applies for everyone who uses that.

I expected City to win Europa or League cup.

Things like that happen...there are good teams in the Europa league. You can't always win.

Ye..there might be a few more signings in the summer. But i dont think it will affect very much the "gelling".

If we sign players...i dont think many of them will be starters. I think Mancini already have in his mind what the starting eleven next season could be.

And i think it will be pretty similiar to this seasons. With only Barry and maybe Kolarov and Lescott dropping to the bench. I think Boateng will replace Lescott...

Last edited:
Have watched Mario for a couple of years now and bar the odd wonder goal I've never been impressed with him. And his attitude stinks like a bunch of used nappies covered in mouldy cheese buried under a mountain of guano

Back