Mancini - Rivals are scared of us

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTW - why are you saying "we're" when liverpool have **** all chance of even making the champions league this season?
We spend sickening amounts of money, but some of the stupid comments on here also make me sick. Mancini - a **** manager for stabalising an ungelled team with troublemakers, getting them organised, sorting out the defence and coming within a draw away from the champions league? (obviously not counting the West Ham final game of the season in that because that was after the places were decided) Mourinho could have done a better job, but Mancini did a good job and the club is well set for the years to come. So don't slag him off.
What can I say? I'm sorry we've spent such a huge amount of money. We've always had good and faithful fans over the years so i'm sad that inevitably bitters and football enthusiasts alike will end up hating our fans because of the actions of our club. However, it was the most simple and logical plan to make MCFC succesful.
Obviously the actual comment from Mancini is an early attempt at mind games, but from a fans perspective "scared" isn't the appropriate word, however it is used a lot regarding things like this. The actual statement is mind games though.
Also no defence? I would have agreed up until January but I won't argue about that, we'll see this coming season what our defence is like. I think it will be good and we have one of the best centre backs in the world in Vincent Kompany.

im sorry but i beg your pardon?? hes a good player but thats it.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

They need to rid of up to 12 players, apparently.

dont forget 8 of them have to be english.

RTW - why are you saying "we're" when liverpool have **** all chance of even making the champions league this season?
We spend sickening amounts of money, but some of the stupid comments on here also make me sick. Mancini - a **** manager for stabalising an ungelled team with troublemakers, getting them organised, sorting out the defence and coming within a draw away from the champions league? (obviously not counting the West Ham final game of the season in that because that was after the places were decided) Mourinho could have done a better job, but Mancini did a good job and the club is well set for the years to come. So don't slag him off.
What can I say? I'm sorry we've spent such a huge amount of money. We've always had good and faithful fans over the years so i'm sad that inevitably bitters and football enthusiasts alike will end up hating our fans because of the actions of our club. However, it was the most simple and logical plan to make MCFC succesful.
Obviously the actual comment from Mancini is an early attempt at mind games, but from a fans perspective "scared" isn't the appropriate word, however it is used a lot regarding things like this. The actual statement is mind games though.
Also no defence? I would have agreed up until January but I won't argue about that, we'll see this coming season what our defence is like. I think it will be good and we have one of the best centre backs in the world in Vincent Kompany.
Erm, because he mentions Liverpool being one of the teams that are 'scared' of themoO)

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

im sorry but i beg your pardon?? hes a good player but thats it.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

dont forget 8 of them have to be english.
Well trained in England or Wales, I think it is. so Ireland, Barry, Given, Bridge, Bellamy, Johnson, Johnson, Wright Phillips, Richards, Onouha, and LEscott... But they're going to have to get rid of some players

Erm, because he mentions Liverpool being one of the teams that are 'scared' of themoO)

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Well trained in England or Wales, I think it is. so Ireland, Barry, Given, Bridge, Bellamy, Johnson, Johnson, Wright Phillips, Richards, Onouha, and LEscott... But they're going to have to get rid of some players

yer it thought so. but then again ireland, bridge, michael johnson, wright-phillips and bellamy all being linked away from the club.

yer it thought so. but then again ireland, bridge, michael johnson, wright-phillips and bellamy all being linked away from the club.
Exactly, plus Onouha/Richards might be on their way out because of that full back they signed from Lazio.

Come to Anfield Ireland(6)

Sorry, didn't read that. But it's a personal opinion - I think Vincent Kompany will prove himself to be one of the best CBs in the world over the next two or three seasons. Likewise with Ivanovic(maybe at RB) actually.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

There's now a squad limit of 25 players isn't there? All thats going to happen is star players won't play every week and will get fed up and mouth off...
Another slightly bitter comment. You know this for a fact do you? There is a system of rotation in all top clubs. Maybe not liverpool because unfortunately for you Benitez signed some pretty average European players. But if Hodgson gets you back to the Champions league I'm sure he will try and buy players so he can impliment squad rotation. It works, and only sullen players like Robinho mouth off. It's not down to the Global Status, it's down to the personality.

Sorry, didn't read that. But it's a personal opinion - I think Vincent Kompany will prove himself to be one of the best CBs in the world over the next two or three seasons. Likewise with Ivanovic(maybe at RB) actually.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Another slightly bitter comment. You know this for a fact do you? There is a system of rotation in all top clubs. Maybe not liverpool because unfortunately for you Benitez signed some pretty average European players. But if Hodgson gets you back to the Champions league I'm sure he will try and buy players so he can impliment squad rotation. It works, and only sullen players like Robinho mouth off. It's not down to the Global Status, it's down to the personality.

oh i agree with you that kompany has the potential to become a world class centre back i thought you ment now thats all.

You need to calm down, and pput your dummy back in.

If we're 'scared' of Manchester City, then what the **** is the World coming too. No-one was scared of Manchester United, Chelsea etc in their prime because they knew they had a chance, and tbh, anyone who plays against Man City will have more chance to beat them than they did United 4/5 years ago

All I can say to any Manchester City fan is enjoy this excitement of buying everyone who has an ounce of talent for now and maybe you will win trophies along the way.

If you dont then I can see the bubble bursting and your owners losing interest quickly as I believe Arab owners have very little tolerance for business ventures that are not succesful and discard them at will and then you will only have the memories of a club that tried to dominate the world game. The club will be in such a financial mess and I doubt it will survive.

parkin i think you miss the point, you can only register 25 players over 21. the rest cannot play for the first team at all. unless someone is unregistered and they can take their place. if you are not in the 25 there is no rotation. you are just out till january

At this point in time, Im not at all scared of City. They still have a long way to go untill they can mount a serious challenge. As IanC said, they are continously linked with attacking players when their main focus should be bringing in some World Class defenders. Yes, they have brought in Kolarov but he's hardly World Class at this point.

As I said, at this point City don't scare me, but what they can potentially be in the next few years is slightly worrying.

Also, maybe City should implement their own scouting system...
instead of using Liverpool's, Chelsea's, United's and every other clubs.

everytime, someone like Liverpool or United is linked with a player, City immediately come out and say their interested in them because they know that nobody can compete financially... they'll ruin football completely if their not carefull :(

At this point in time, Im not at all scared of City. They still have a long way to go untill they can mount a serious challenge. As IanC said, they are continously linked with attacking players when their main focus should be bringing in some World Class defenders. Yes, they have brought in Kolarov but he's hardly World Class at this point.

As I said, at this point City don't scare me, but what they can potentially be in the next few years is slightly worrying.

They scare me no more than Blackburn did, than Manchester United did (when they were pumping the PLC profits into the team), than Leeds did, than Newcastle did, than Chelsea did.

Without organic growth, there is no way this kind of spending is sustainable. Just isn't. The Manchester City owners have a clear plan - it's a vanity project. What happens when they reach that plan's aims? What happens if despite the investment they aren't making the progress they'd hope to make (Chelsea and Manchester United remain strong teams)?

Football's cyclical. Sometimes the cycles are long for poorly run teams, sometimes they are short for well run teams. Manchester City are in a good position right now, but will they be when they are also strengthening their domestic opposition by being forced to bid silly amounts of money to fulfill their English/Wales quota? Aston Villa, if they sell Milner, will have paid for their recent tilt at trying to get a CL place with Manchester City's money. Everton have actually gone out and knocked the dust off their wallet because of Manchester City's money. Concern is down the line for Manchester City and what happens when the spending stops and the owners look to move on. Will they be a global football club of a level to say, Liverpool? Probably not given that we've not won the league for 20 years but still dominate Chelsea in those stakes. *shrug*

In all honesty, the Manchester City lads who followed their team all the way down the divisions because of some shocking owners deserve their moment in the sun. But any Manchester City 'fan' who doesn't know about the Goat should rightfully be shot. edit: and it's for similar reasons I don't mind the Chelsea supporters who were turning up under Bates having some success. But the post-Abramovich idiots are the true shallow end of the gene pool :D

Last edited:
If this is Mancini attempting mind games he's doing it against the wrong lot, Sir Alex, Wenger, Ancelotti, Redknapp and Hodgson are all experienced managers who have heard it all before, they won't bat an eyelid at Man City.

I don't think anyone's scared of Man City. Ranieri spent money at Chelsea, but it didn't work out. I don't think Mancini is the top manager Man City need to replicate what Chelsea did. Man City have bought a bunch of players who aren't top class. Very good maybe, but not the really big names. With the team they had last season, it's hard to believe they only finished 5th. There really are no excuses this season.

Pretty average? With the money we have, you think Mancini could of done better with his great value signings, e.g. £24m for Joleon Lescott when Xabi Alonso came to us for £10m and made a £20m profit for us? Average my ***. Anyway, rotation doesn't always work. Riera lost patience because he wasn't always played, so did dos Santos, Michael Owen and Nicky **** ages ago. Although money may make them stay. Also, Kompany is 23 now, not a youngster, only about 1 year older than Ronaldo. No-one talks about his potential now do they? They don't call him 'young'.

Come to Anfield Ireland(6)

Where would we play Ireland, dude ? Doesn't he play as an AMC ? We've got Stevie & JC in that position. We wouldn't be able to keep those 3 happy all at the same time, would we ? He wants out at City because of a lack of 1st team opps. He'd just be swapping teams to deal with the same problem. (H)

wow, hard to believe just 3 years ago charlton beat man city in the prem. and look where to two clubs are now :/...

anyway on topic: i fancy man city to be there or therabouts for awhile, but i think they will ultimately come up short in the big games. ill go with a 3rd place finish. certainly it is exciting times for a city fan, cherish them, as football chages very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back