Can United hit top gear

• yes

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • no

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

Donnelly1

Reaction score
i was just wondering on peoples views on Man United's form.
they are unbeaten in the league.
still in the FA cup and the Champions League.
people will agree they haven't been playing their best. Some say this team can't go in to that next gear like the uniteds of old.
An unlikely treble may be on the cards if the team clicks into top gear.
A lot seems to rely on Rooney scoring again.

all i know is that if UTD want to take on Barca or Real they will need to improve.
Can they?

When will Rooney start scoring regulary again?
rooney_wallpaper.jpg

We will click into gear eventually, depends on fixtures we get and how we play. I'd give it till the end of February before we see anything.

If we do click into top gear, I don't see anyone being able to stop us.

fergie will ge the team to "gel" and start playing in top gear when it matters. teh difference is that this season is going to be one of the closest in most comps for a while and as such there won't be any easy games where you can rest key players come mid feb and that's quite a long stint where the fixtures will pile up.

I think even Ferguson will wonder how they haven't been beaten yet. But that is championship winning form. Saying that i don't believe they will get much better in the 2nd half of the season.

I know you hear the well Utd get more points in second half of seasons but i heard a little stat the other day saying it has only happend 6 in the last 10 times. Yes i know its a majority but i thought it would have been more than that. Rooney will find his goal scoring touch again and when he does i fully expect Berbatov to stop scoring. But if im a Utd fan i know who i would rather have on form.

I hope to god they get beat soon as i'm getting scared its January now and they are still unbeaten :'(
They might equal our invincibles of 03/04

I hope to god they get beat soon as i'm getting scared its January now and they are still unbeaten :'(
ha ha yeah i know.
the 2 chelsea games will be key

I definitely have to play better if they want to face real and barça. Manu is unbeaten, but the way they are playing is still good but not brilliant at the moment. the cl winner will be barça or real or the team who beat one of them

I think even Ferguson will wonder how they haven't been beaten yet. But that is championship winning form. Saying that i don't believe they will get much better in the 2nd half of the season.

I know you hear the well Utd get more points in second half of seasons but i heard a little stat the other day saying it has only happend 6 in the last 10 times. Yes i know its a majority but i thought it would have been more than that. Rooney will find his goal scoring touch again and when he does i fully expect Berbatov to stop scoring. But if im a Utd fan i know who i would rather have on form.
actually its the way Rooney is playing as second striker thats getting berbs the goals, Someone asked me before which Rooney i preferred, the creator or the out and out scorer, and its the creator every time. IF he can re discover his shooting boots, then even better. United will certainly get better but it seems they only rasie their game when forced to by their opponents, we're cruising rather than taking the game to sides

actually its the way Rooney is playing as second striker thats getting berbs the goals, Someone asked me before which Rooney i preferred, the creator or the out and out scorer, and its the creator every time. IF he can re discover his shooting boots, then even better. United will certainly get better but it seems they only rasie their game when forced to by their opponents, we're cruising rather than taking the game to sides

I was talking as an England fan lol, i want to see the scoring Rooney. I have to agree with your second point. Utd seem to raise their game when they need to, where as when we are on form Chelsea destroy teams. Both are equally important and skillful, we used to play the new Utd way when Mourinho was manager.

Totally agree with you there mate.
Also I hear that SAF is on the lookout for a midfield playmaker type person which should aid the goals.
BBC have linked us with Gourcuff and I hear Pjanic somewhere else. Wouldn't mid either of them.
Doubt it will come to fruition though. SAF is hasty to buy in January.

Can't see that happening

Hopefully we will hit a really rich vein of form soon but I still can't see us going unbeaten in the league. I can see one of our title rivals beating us at least once or maybe one little slip up.

I was talking as an England fan lol, i want to see the scoring Rooney. I have to agree with your second point. Utd seem to raise their game when they need to, where as when we are on form Chelsea destroy teams. Both are equally important and skillful, we used to play the new Utd way when Mourinho was manager.
aye and up till last season we player to destroy teams, though england wise we need both the creator/scorer, unless we change the way i play wich i cant see happening under capello

I totally agree with the Rooney as a creator, I prefer him working and creating! I think United always play better after the Christmas and New year anyway. Heres hoping the run can continue.

Spot on, Berbatov clearly enjoys playing alongside Rooney, and it doesn't matter who puts the ball in the net at the end of the day. My only fear is injuries to key players, but I can see us hitting top form at the crucial time, coinciding with the return of Valencia (who has been a big loss) and Park (from the Asia Cup)

Also I hear that SAF is on the lookout for a midfield playmaker type person which should aid the goals.
BBC have linked us with Gourcuff and I hear Pjanic somewhere else. Wouldn't mid either of them.
i heard we are linked to schwienstiger
but i agree nothing looks likely to happen in january

I think we will eventually hit top gear this season with this most likely happening when Valencia comes back from injury in February/March. If Berba carries on with his goalscoring then we don't need Rooney on top form to win the league. Having said that, I do feel that if we are going to win the treble then he needs to start scoring like last season or play like he did when ronaldo was still at the club. The away form is worrying and tbh it needs to be addressed but we are still unbeaten :)

bastian signed a new deal with bayern till 2016, no chance. I would love it to be Hamsik

BBC haven't link us with them, it's just the gossip column and that came from caughtoffside which is basically goal.com.

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Schewinstiger has already committed himself to Bayern for a number of years after signing a new contract. The only business I think we will do in January is buy some youngsters.

does anyone believe the supposed interest of the Quatar royal family in buying man utd?