Just read it all and I have only one word to say: AWESOMEEE!!!

Really liked it. Even understood a bit better how to make tactics & everything.

Mad; Do you set your players to get crosses to the far post? It seems a real good way of scoring goals in fm16.
Would your wingers cross to the far post even if there's no one at the far post jjust because I set cross aim to far post?

Also, have you found a way to make your wingers cross earlier? preferably on the first or second touch, mine always wait too long and get closed down from really good crossing positions!
early crosses they just cross from 40yrds out, its not what I want.

Mad; Do you set your players to get crosses to the far post? It seems a real good way of scoring goals in fm16.
Would your wingers cross to the far post even if there's no one at the far post jjust because I set cross aim to far post?

Also, have you found a way to make your wingers cross earlier? preferably on the first or second touch, mine always wait too long and get closed down from really good crossing positions!

The work ball into box and retain possession TI reduce crosses if that helps

I never give that detailed PIs. I set up team tactics with team instructions to do what I want to do and use roles who do what I want to do. I find that too many instructions tend to be counter productive (and confusing to me) so I prefer to do stuff which is obvious to me and that is the TIs.

I generally play (gegen)pressing with fast tempo and have the "cross early" TI which tends to be effective (I use two wingers). But I play reactively. If this set up doesnt work then I change to "look for overlap". Plus I use 3 different formations (one strikerless) with TIs that are quite similar. I also have a set of saved instructions to use in specific circumstances and/or according to how matches pan out. But the cross early/look for overlap tend to work OK. Both of them work fine with also having the "work ball into the box" instruction.

If you want people to cross higher up the field then give instructions "cross from byline" (plus maybe "move up field more" - dont remember the exact wording). But look also into your formation, tactics and TIs ...

Three awesome loans in the first couple of seasons costing (next to) nothing:

Kelvin AMR
Boschilia M(L)/C
Andreas Pereira

Kelvin and Pereira become available on frees within 3 seasons ...

There are loads of players you can grab for free - potentially. In addition to the three you listed, the likes of Sondre Rossbach and Morten Konradsen can be signed on July 1st, and while they won't arrive until the end of 2015, buying out their contracts is usually very inexpensive. Neither are clear starters for a bigger club but solid promising depth players. In England, Josh Brownhilll and Demarai Gray will sometimes refuse to extend and can be signed in 2016. Geronimo Ruilli will a top goalkeeper for years for almost any club. Lucas Romero is out of contract before too long.

The one thing about signing these guys on a free - offer above what they ask. Both in terms of wages and role. With a club of decent size (Championship or above), the likes of Rossbach and Konradsen will accept Hot Prospect deals.... but there are other bidders who are bigger. And when you are bidding against the likes Manchester United and Juventus. Make the offer a blowaway and they will take it. If they player is someone like Ruilli or Romero and likely to be a key player for you, pay over the odds to make sure you land them. You're getting away with no transfer fee, so....

There are loads of players you can grab for free - potentially. In addition to the three you listed, the likes of Sondre Rossbach and Morten Konradsen can be signed on July 1st, and while they won't arrive until the end of 2015, buying out their contracts is usually very inexpensive. ....

Who is KONRADSEN?! What position does he play in?

Morten Konradsen is a 19 year old Norwegein CM. Starts wit Bodo/Glint. He's a decent player at the start, with solid potential. Probably wouldn't want to have him as a regular starter for a Prem club, but he does okay as a spot starter in the Championship. He's more attacking than fully rounded but not totally one-dimensional. Also not quite an outright creative hub. Probably develops into a solid depth player for most good sized or bigger clubs rather than a key star.

His contract expires at the end of December, so you can make an offer as of July 1st. As mentioned, he will accept a Hot Prospect contract but he might accept another offer, so I go Rotation and it should land him. And buying out the contract so you get him immediately is like 60k.

Stole this, but...

View attachment 191947

Last edited:
younger brother of Anders Konradsen (now Rosenborg, prev Stade Rennes),
he is a good talent but never turned out to be the amongst the best in Norwegian Prem on the prev FM versions, maybe his potential is buffed for FM16 but IDK.

younger brother of Anders Konradsen (now Rosenborg, prev Stade Rennes),
he is a good talent but never turned out to be the amongst the best in Norwegian Prem on the prev FM versions, maybe his potential is buffed for FM16 but IDK.

He's 4 to 4.5 stars for a Championship club. So he should have the potential to develop into one of the better players in Norway if you could keep him there.

Franco Lopez - AML/CF. Very young and cheap(ish) Argentinian wonderkid who quickly turns awesome. VV recommended

Cheap -ish GKs

Itumeleng Khune
Lealli
Consigli (nevermind his age the guy is a hero)
Perin (not as awesome as he was in previous versions but still solid)
Marcelo Grohe (Gremio's No1 is great and will improve)
Rossbach
Augustin Marchesin - not expensive and the equal of GKs costing thrice as much!

Itumeleng Khune
Lealli
Consigli (nevermind his age the guy is a hero)
Perin (not as awesome as he was in previous versions but still solid)
Marcelo Grohe (Gremio's No1 is great and will improve)
Rossbach
Augustin Marchesin - not expensive and the equal of GKs costing thrice as much!

Who should I get to back up De Gea who wont mind barely ever playing. in 2019 or so at United

Hello Uncle Mad and everyone else,

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right area. If not please let me know where I should post it and I'll get it moved.

I'm looking for one final save once the January update has been released and I'd like to be at one club for many seasons and turn them into a super club, so we can challenge the big teams in Europe.

Now some people will think that's easy and suggest teams in Europe's top leagues, like England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Holland, Russia etc, but I want a challenge and would like a team in a smaller, lesser known European country.
Somewhere that has 3/4 teams challenging to win the league every season, so the domestic challenge will still be interesting for a good few years, while also attempting to crack the European competitions along the way.

The other criteria I have is that I'd like a team that hasn't had much success, so I can begin to work my way to a legendary status. The ground isn't too big, so over time I can help build a bigger stadium, possibly being named after myself and also I can build and develop the youth facilities, so in time we can bring through our own youngsters.
At the start, I'll need to sell some players to help begin our pathway to success, but also, be able to bring in some good players, so the country will need a fair amount of appeal and then those players can be sold on for a profit, as the likelihood is they'll want to move to a bigger club until I build my legacy. Finally, I don't want the club to begin with paying players big wages, for example anything above 2k a week, as I want to build everything from scratch pretty much, so if not a team in the highest division, the division below will be good enough.

I know it's a lot to look for, but surely there is a few teams out there that I could look to manage, so I'd really appreciate any ideas/suggestions any of you may have.

Thanks for reading and look forward to some replies.

Andy

P.S I know I messaged you about a similar request Uncle Mad, but thought I'd post in here in case anyone had any interesting suggestions.
:)

Last edited:
Hello Uncle Mad and everyone else,

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right area. If not please let me know where I should post it and I'll get it moved.

I'm looking for one final save once the January update has been released and I'd like to be at one club for many seasons and turn them into a super club, so we can challenge the big teams in Europe.

Now some people will think that's easy and suggest teams in Europe's top leagues, like England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Holland, Russia etc, but I want a challenge and would like a team in a smaller, lesser known European country.
Somewhere that has 3/4 teams challenging to win the league every season, so the domestic challenge will still be interesting for a good few years, while also attempting to crack the European competitions along the way.

The other criteria I have is that I'd like a team that hasn't had much success, so I can begin to work my way to a legendary status. The ground isn't too big, so over time I can help build a bigger stadium, possibly being named after myself and also I can build and develop the youth facilities, so in time we can bring through our own youngsters.
At the start, I'll need to sell some players to help begin our pathway to success, but also, be able to bring in some good players, so the country will need a fair amount of appeal and then those players can be sold on for a profit, as the likelihood is they'll want to move to a bigger club until I build my legacy. Finally, I don't want the club to begin with paying players big wages, for example anything above 2k a week, as I want to build everything from scratch pretty much, so if not a team in the highest division, the division below will be good enough.

I know it's a lot to look for, but surely there is a few teams out there that I could look to manage, so I'd really appreciate any ideas/suggestions any of you may have.

Thanks for reading and look forward to some replies.

Andy

P.S I know I messaged you about a similar request Uncle Mad, but thought I'd post in here in case anyone had any interesting suggestions.
:)

So that people know some of my suggestions:

Midtjylland
Brondby
Asteras Tripolis (Greece)
Anji (Russia)
Metalurg Donetsk

To these I would add:

Cluj or Craiova in Romania - for the latter you can easily sell star player Ivan for at least 10m and use funds to strengthen

Look also at Israel leagues.

Last edited:
My Hoffenheim Squad 2nd season

In my first season I came 2nd in the league a LONG WAY off Bayern but I won the cup. I then sold VOLLAND to city for 60m and was given 40m on top of that by the board.

So this is my squad:

GK: Rulli/Baumann/Marko Maric

LB: Jorge/Troljan/Jin-Su

CB: Schaar/Mangala/Sviatchenko/Sule/Stark/Wahlqvist

RB: Jedvaj (loan)/Kaderabek/Schmid

DM/CM: Weigl/Nedelceanu/Sebastian Rudy/Fossum

AMS:Vargas/Zivkovic/Zuber/Sisto/Martial (v cheap loan!)/Zuber/Amiri

ST: Pavon/Andrei Ivan/Luan/Davie Selke

Also bought Sergio Diaz but loaned him out

I found out something strange today: my tactics work better if I holiday over matches rather than if I watch matches!!!

I often wonder if Football manager is over thought, we all seem to want to play it using real life football, after seeing some of the bugs and issues with Goalkeepers etc.. i don't think you should, its a game, its not real life i think if you can get a grasp of the match engine and find a tactic that can beat it then i don't really think it needs to be over thought.

Ive played every Football manager going back to the original on the Spectrum, since it started from Championship manager to football manager and each game ive found it to be all about the tactic, in the early days it was fairly simple to find a tactic and win things, however the last couple of FM's have been harder, but on FM 2015 i found a quality tactic and that was it, i won everything from small teams to the bigger teams.

Ive tried everything from finding players only using the star system from scouts, to averaging out and focusing on the attributes for the roles, and i havent found any difference in how the game works, if the tactic doesnt get past the bugs in the match engine you will struggle, you can have the best players in the world but you won't have consistent success, get a consistent tactic and decent enough players and you win.

I rarely ever watch the game at all, i mainly only ever use the commentary, i test loads and loads of tactics when i first get the new FM and you can always tell a consistent tactic, one that has managed to bypass the bugs, once i have found the right tactic i rarely ever need to find another for that years FM. i like to try and tweak a tactic here and there for away fixtures.

What worries me about future FM games is that SI seem to be trying to make a more and more realistic game yet seem to create more and more bugs in the system, for me i think its the reason that this years FM is so hard to find any tactic that can consistently get past the bugs.

Its so frustrating that its any lack of real life football knowledge that stops the tactic from working, but a poor match engine.