Maradona named final 23 man squad for World Cup

sass101

Reaction score
Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar
spacer.gif
), Mariano Andujar (Catania), Diego Pozo (Colon)
Defenders: Nicolas Burdisso (Roma), Martin Demichelis (Bayern Munich), Walter Samuel
spacer.gif
(Inter Milan), Gabriel Heinze (Marseille), Nicolas Otamendi (Velez Sarsfield), Clemente Rodriguez (Estudiantes), Ariel Garce (Colon)
Midfielders: Javier Mascherano (Liverpool), Juan Sebastian Veron (Estudiantes), Maxi Rodriguez (Liverpool), Mario Bolatti (Fiorentina), Angel Di Maria (Benfica), Jonas Gutierrez (Newcastle), Javier Pastore (Palermo)
Forwards: Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid), Diego Milito (Inter Milan), Martin Palermo (Boca Juniors), Carlos Tevez (Manchester City), Gonzalo Higuain
spacer.gif
(Real Madrid), Lionel Messi (Barcelona).

Riquelme out, Palermo in. Well, discuss it yourselves...

Last edited:
I hear on Sky that Maradona ran a camera man over on his way to where he was naming his squad. Trouble seems to hover round this bloke like flies round a horses ****. I cant wait to see what mad stuff he does during the tournement. XD

A good squad of players there,some real quality. I would of took Riquelme though. oO)

Nice to see Jonas thought sad that there is no Colo. :(

Maradona is a ****, No Lucho Gonzalez, NO Esteban Camniasso and NO Javier Zanetti --'

Maradona is a ****, No Lucho Gonzalez, NO Esteban Camniasso and NO Javier Zanetti --'

It's his loss and everyone else's gain. :)

Unless your Argentinian, of course...

Still a strong squad,although Veron and Palermo? oO) Surely too old now.

Im portuguese mate, either way, Maradona's mind is a pit, a deep deep pit, with nothing but hair, and little brain cells due to coke ..

Still a strong squad,although Veron and Palermo? oO) Surely too old now.

He was doing quite well for who he was playing for.

Weird decision but Maradonna has some obsession for him. oO)

Those three players should have surely been there instead of Veron, Palermo and .... Carce. And Riquelme should have fit the squad as well.

Martin palermo?

Jaun sebastian veron?

What were argentina and maradona thinking?!

6 strikers & 3 wingers :S
Will be very interesting to see what formation he uses

Why would he not pick Cambiasso, one of the best holding midfielders in the world, the man cannot manage at all.

Why would he not pick Cambiasso, one of the best holding midfielders in the world, the man cannot manage at all.
No Cambiasso? **** i never noticed that. Do you think William Hills do refunds? :(

Not surprised by some of the players Maradona has cut from the squad as he likes the following line-up and formation. Shame, I've always enjoyed them playing a 3-5-2, but don't think we'll get to see that this World Cup.

GK. S. Romero
RB. N. Otamendi
CB. M. Demichelis
CB. W. Samuel
LB. G. Heinze
RM. J. Gutiérrez
CM. J. Mascherano (c)
CM. J.S. Verón
LM. A. Di María
FW. L. Messi
FW. G. Higuaín

I hear on Sky that Maradona ran a camera man over on his way to where he was naming his squad. Trouble seems to hover round this bloke like flies round a horses ****. I cant wait to see what mad stuff he does during the tournement. XD

A good squad of players there,some real quality. I would of took Riquelme though. oO)

Riquelme and Maradona dont get on, so thats why he wasn't picked I think. Mystery about Cambiasso and Zanetti though..... Bloke has no sense at all surely

He is high coke all the. Did you not hear his tactis and reasons for leaving out Zanetti, he said he wants to defend with four centre backs and no full backs crazy.

Also how Jonas Gutirez, Garce, Veron and Pastore are in the squad ahead of Riquelme, Cambiasso, Zanetti and Gabriel Milito is beyond me

They look light in the middle.
God forbid Mascherano gets niggling injury not enough for a replacement to be called up they will be struggling.