Maradona named final 23 man squad for World Cup

A very capable squad of success.

very different to the other squads, a lot of experience in there, the other top countries seem to be dropping the older players for fresh youth

the variable for success?

Argentina have such a good strikers - Messi ( winger, but I still count him in ), Aguero, Tevez, Higuain and Milito. I think they should play 4-3-3 and here's opinion of my whole 23 man squad how it should be :

Andujar
Zanetti - Demichelis - Samuel - Heinze
Messi - Cambiasso - Di Maria
Tevez - Higuain - Milito

Sub : GK Carizo
Sub : CB Otamendi
Sub : CM Macherano
Sub : RM Rodriguez
Sub : ST Aguero

Other 7 :
Gk : Romero
LB : Papa
CB : Coloccini
CM : Gago
LM : Gutierez
CM : Riquelme
ST : Palermo

Wo0t ! That's how (H)

Argentina have such a good strikers - Messi ( winger, but I still count him in ), Aguero, Tevez, Higuain and Milito. I think they should play 4-3-3 and here's opinion of my whole 23 man squad how it should be :

Andujar
Zanetti - Demichelis - Samuel - Heinze
Messi - Cambiasso - Di Maria
Tevez - Higuain - Milito

that would work except Cambiasso isn't in that list is he?

that would work except Cambiasso isn't in that list is he?

Neither Milito but I said that would be my 23 players with whole squad. MY opinion. Not that stupid Maradona's.

Neither Milito but I said that would be my 23 players with whole squad. MY opinion. Not that stupid Maradona's.

I would go along a similar line of choice if i was him too, dont know where he got his picks from.

But if Argentina perform and win it, he will be a genious!

I would go along a similar line of choice if i was him too, dont know where he got his picks from.

But if Argentina perform and win it, he will be a genious!

Yeah everyone would praise him but my logic sense says it's not going to happen ...

The guy is a moron, they will end up winning the thing now and that will be him, best manager ever blah blah.

I love Argentina, love the depth and the quality, the way they play is amazing...or used to be.

The guy is a moron, they will end up winning the thing now and that will be him, best manager ever blah blah.

I love Argentina, love the depth and the quality, the way they play is amazing...or used to be.

Yeah i remember the goal that resulted from that rediculous amount of passing in the last world cup!

still can't believe the moron left out Cambiasso and Zanetti, their two best defensive players.

If i were managing Argentina XD i'd have picked

--------------------Romero
---Zanetti--Samuel--Demichelis--Heinze---
-------Mascherano-------Cambiasso-------
---------------------Riquelme-----------------
--------Messi---------------------Higuain
-----------------Milito(or)Tevez---------------

now that is a team to rival Spain's.

Personally.

If I was the Argies coach, the team would look like this.

----------------Romero------------------
Zanetti----Colo---Samuel----Heinze
---------Mascherano-Cambiasso----
---------------------------------------------
Messi---Higuain--Aguero---Tevez

;)

heh, 4 strikers. i guess mine is the defensive formation, for the tricky latter stages;)

They'll play 4-4-2. Maradona loves it -- but it's one of the reasons the Argentinian press and fans are becoming a little fed up. His line-up for the first group game will be the one that lined up against Germany in recent friendly (providing there's no injuries) which is another silly thing for a manager to do -- name his team almost a month before the match, lol. Unless he's being clever and trying to outfox his opponents, or someone pulls him to oneside and has a quiet word in his ear.

Maradona had a feud with Riquelme some two years ago. Riquelme resigned from international duty due to differences with Maradona. So Maradona had to switch to a formation without a classic 10 creative midfielder. He is kinda trying to use Veron in that role. And despite his age, he has been performing quite well in Argentina, and international games. Martin Palermo is not really a good player but he bangs in goals consistently despite his 36 years. Plus, he is one of the best headers I have seen in a long time. I think he picked him, because basically he saved Argentina in WC qualifier against Peru, and maybe he can save them again. Maradona already said that he is thinking of using a 3-2-3-2 formation, having Messi a free role, just playing freely where he pleases. the strikers will surely be Higuain and one more. That spot goes for Tevez and Aguero, since I think Milito is the replacement of Higuain.

Strange squad. But again, from Maradona you can expect anything and nothing. Nuff said.

Playing four centre-backs? No Cambiasso? He really is a few chips short of a happy meal, isn't he?