Maradona named final 23 man squad for World Cup

I wouldn't be surprised if Maradona names himself to start their first world cup game:p

Jonas Gutierrez has played as a fullback in some of Argentina's qualifiers under Maradona. Now that is mad.

Cambiasso isn't held in all that high regard by many in Argentina according to Tim Vickery's blog and it is due to how ineffective he is on the international stage. He for one isn't surprised by him not being included.

I think Zanetti not going is the biggest shock, especially if Jonas plays in defence.

maradonna feels that zanetti dosent fit into hit squad and has dissapointed and basicly tried running the team against him at time. he hasent ever liked cambiasso so its no suprise his not in the squad. martin palermo is really in the squad as a lucky charm and expierence. and as for veron, maradonna has built his team around veron he has just had a few excellent seasons with estudiantes and everything will go through veron you can guarrentee that. im simply just putting accross what iv heard from argentine football media etc.

Jonas Gutierrez has played as a fullback in some of Argentina's qualifiers under Maradona. Now that is mad.

Cambiasso isn't held in all that high regard by many in Argentina according to Tim Vickery's blog and it is due to how ineffective he is on the international stage. He for one isn't surprised by him not being included.

I think Zanetti not going is the biggest shock, especially if Jonas plays in defence.
jonas isnt there to attack, he effectively plays as hardworking defensive winger, covering his whole flank and protecting veron

jonas isnt there to attack, he effectively plays as hardworking defensive winger, covering his whole flank and protecting veron

And Jonas always seems to **** his pants when he gets into the final third.

Hence why he doesn't score many goals.

jonas wont play in defence mate, maradonna plays with 4 centre backs.