Market Drayton Town FC Challenege

DanStafford

Reaction score
After playing football manager for a number of years now, by learning the trade from my father which i am proud to say and with me being only 17, i have decided to take on a extremely difficult challenge of taking control of my local football team Market Drayton Town FC. I am proud to say that i have played for the sunday league teams of Market Drayton since the age of 7 and still play now which makes it even more special to me.

After reading through MojoDex's story i am going to operate in the same approach by only using youth team players and greyed out players, where i can also sell my players and purchase them back if need be. However, i will not be able to play my seasons or update this thread as much as MojoDex does due to me attending college and still playing for my beloved Market Drayton Town Seniors team on weekends.

About:
Market Drayton Town F.C. is a football club based in Market Drayton, Shropshire, England. They play in the Northern Premier League Division One South .

Startofseason_zps14ddf51d.png

Just a weird yet very interesting fact, two years ago when i was playing for Market Draytons U16's a team that had been together for around 5 years, we were in our last year of boys football, never won the league. We won the league playing against top sides, now here is the interesting fact.. Our left back was Julian Parton's son and he came to watch every home and away game and was a great man, and now he is my boss on football manager as he owns Market Drayton FC, just weird haha.

Last edited:
The tactic i will be implementing upon my team in this opening season is a 5-3-2 formation with an attacking mindset and fluid movement, this should cause teams worries going forward while hopefully staying disciplined at the back.
Tactic_zpsd36ea0ec.jpg

This season looks like it could be a big challenge for us as the bookies has put us odds on favorites to be relegated, but i feel we can push for mid-table if not promotion.

Predictions_zps0dbe60f5.jpg

Only a month into the job and we have already had a big setback, such heart ache already!

BoardInteraction1_zps29624d73.jpg

There was a big eye opener despite the disappointment of the board interactions and the bookies evaluation. The friendlies went better than expected beating and drawing with teams in around the same leagues and in leagues above us.

Friendlies_zpsdda6c02f.jpg

Seems like a good setup for a great story! Good luck with this one, and I'll be trying to follow as much as time allows :>

Seems like a good setup for a great story! Good luck with this one, and I'll be trying to follow as much as time allows :>

It is going to be difficult seeing as most of the players arent on full-time contracts and im not allowed to offer them either, a lot interest from clubs and a few players already left, and thanks a lot!

I've started one with Tier 9 team Ashton Athletic, I earned promotion in my first season :) Does anyone know how you qualify for the FA Cup?

Yeah not bad, won the FA Vase and got promotion in season one, currently first in the next tier up going for back to back promotions :)

However, i will not be able to play my seasons or update this thread as much as MojoDex does due to me attending college and still playing for my beloved Market Drayton Town Seniors team on weekends.

No excuse :p

Serously though i'll be following this. :)

Just something i missed out, Andy Cooke is my assistant manager! He is currently a player/coach at Market Drayton, he was born in the area, good to see him helping out local football.

If you didnt know he has played for Burnley, Stoke City, Busan I'Cons (South Korea), Bradford City, Darlington and Shrewsbury Town.

Cooke_zps583b36bb.jpg

Dan, have you signed many players yet? Who have you signed?

Dan, have you signed many players yet? Who have you signed?
I am only using the team i have along with youth players, my aim is to just use youth intakes, i may have to adopt to signing a few players due to the financial situation of the club is not the best not allowing to upgrade facilities. This first season i am going to just use squad i have and youth players, see how it goes.

I've started with glasshoughton welfare and played in the fa cup 2nd qual round

I'm managing wembley, first 3 seasons are a cake walk, I'm in 2015-2016 season now in the Blue Square South

I'm managing wembley, first 3 seasons are a cake walk, I'm in 2015-2016 season now in the Blue Square South
Its really not a cake walk for me, very challenging as favorites to go down and unable to upgrade anything due to lack on funds, and i want to use youth system only. What tactics are you operating?

Back