Martin Jol confirmed as Fulham manager

Joss

Reaction score
Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Maarten Jol as its new manager.

Maarten joins Fulham on an initial two year contract with the Club having an option to extend for a further year. He will arrive at our Motspur Park training ground in advance of the players return to training later this month.

Last night Maarten Jol said: ‘I am very happy to join Fulham Football Club, a wonderful traditional club. It is a club with good, solid foundations and a great fan base. I am looking forward to being part of the Fulham family and thank the Chairman for the trust he’s shown in me.’

Read more: Maarten Jol Appointed Manager

Excellent for Fulham. He can take the club forward for Europa places..

Fantastic coup for Fulham. They've ended up better off than they were.

For once, well done Mr. Al Fayed.

I bet Jack & Fonzie will be happy. Great signing IMO - hopefully they and Liverpool can force Spurs out of the Europa League spots ;)

Love it :wub: Certainly better than Martin O'Neill, his teams play good football, he's got European experience and he's on a two year contract. Glad they made the appointment this quick.

Fantastic for Fulham, he is really the man to take the club forward after the Hodgson era... a man who can certainly make Fulham finish in the top 8 atleast

good apointment for fulham, wasn't he ment to be the manager last summer aswell?

good apointment for fulham, wasn't he ment to be the manager last summer aswell?

That's what I was thinking. But he pulled out because Ajax offered him more dosh or something.

That's what I was thinking. But he pulled out because Ajax offered him more dosh or something.

I think in the end he wanted to stay because they kept most of their squad.

Basically left when he knew Suarez would go.

Great coup for Fulham, a terrific manager.

Big Martin Jol!

Miss you buddy. Be nice to see him back in the Premier League. No doubt he'll get a great reception at the Lane.

Fine appointment, Fulham are certainly gonna be pushing for the Europa now.

Great appointment imo.

I think Fulham will have a great few years ahead with Jol in charge, hopefully unlike Hughes, he'll stay abit longer.

He initially thought he had an exit clause allowing him to go to Fulham, but then he found out it expired and Ajax wouldn't let him go.

I think its a good appointment from Fulham, didnt he nearly get the job last time but Ajax wouldnt let him go?? As the cool people who take part in my quiz already know, Martin Jol is the only Dutchman to win the Manager of the Month award in the PremierLeague.

He is good for the english football, playing 4-4-2, he is an excellent coach. The reason he didn't succeed at ajax is because they always want to play dutch 4-3-3 total football etc, this is not his style, I hope he will get Fulham into the CL and meet ajax.....

Welcome back Mr. Jol. Looking forward to watching more entertaining football. Been away too long

Excellent for Fulham. He can take the club forward for Europa places..

Fantastic for Fulham, he is really the man to take the club forward after the Hodgson era... a man who can certainly make Fulham finish in the top 8 atleast

Fine appointment, Fulham are certainly gonna be pushing for the Europa now.

He is good for the english football, playing 4-4-2, he is an excellent coach. The reason he didn't succeed at ajax is because they always want to play dutch 4-3-3 total football etc, this is not his style, I hope he will get Fulham into the CL and meet ajax.....

He's a terrific manager yes, but don't you think you lads are over-estimating his ability somewhat? This is Martin Jol, not José Mourinho. With the top 6, Everton & Villa I think Europa League etc is a bit beyond Fulham for a few seasons yet.

He's a terrific manager yes, but don't you think you lads are over-estimating his ability somewhat? This is Martin Jol, not José Mourinho. With the top 6, Everton & Villa I think Europa League etc is a bit beyond Fulham for a few seasons yet.

Agree with that. Probably not next season, but probably season after. However, due to Everton being financially restrained as usual, and if we don't bring in good enough players, Fulham have a good chance of finishing above us. And of course, we normally wait until 2nd half of season before we start performing.