Martino

Reaction score
This is a possesion based tactic with slow build up play combined with some players who dribble from time to time to create overload and chances. Its my first tactic in which I used the defensive striker with succes.

The tactic is a 4-4-2 hybrid. The enganche is almost a deep lying striker, but he closes down room in defensive situations which is important for me though the tactic is offensive. I know it sounds kinda weird but your enganche will score a lot of goals if he's good in the air as he gets a lot of free headers.
The regista is the heartbeat of the team, and along with the advanced playmaker floating in from left flank and the ball winning midfield they keep the possesion with nice link up play.
Your defensive striker will need good dribbling and finishing skills along with some pace/acceleration. If he's both footed he'll shine even more.
Besides that it's the usual suspects I guess. Full backs who can cross a ball and big strong CBs.
I use a throw in set piece that relies on long throws, so if you have a player who's got high long throw settings then have him take the throw in. If you dont have any, then find one with decent attribute and have him practice on it.

Guess that's it. Just beat Bayer Leverkusen 0-6 away with a team of homegrown youngsters, so I can only imagine what a good team could do with this tactic. Sometimes I change mentality to counter or defensive when leading a tight game or facing a really strong opponent. Especially in away games, but I tend to start with Control and see how it goes.

Have fun. Please use this version instead. See post #7 for screenshot of that tactic https://www.mediafire.com/?8gik31a2t2rva27

Download original tactic here. Can be used as an alternative, but it's not as good. https://www.mediafire.com/?9mmlls2st89ild3

View attachment 98271View attachment 98270View attachment 98269

Last edited:
I will try ur cutthroat was fantastic
But the formation is unfavourable in this one

But I'm still working on a tweak to make the right side of the team more involved and dangerous. Maybe a raumdeuter will do the job instead of the wide midfielder without leaving the team too exposed.

Training?

I train players in their roles then add focus if they need to develop a certain area. I let the assistant handle general training and then I mix between off.movement and team cohesion in match prep whenever the tactic is fully fluid.

please can someone upload the tactic without using mediafire, mediafire is not working for me at the mo tnx

Hi just started using this and won very convincingly 4-1 with 64 % possession.

Was just wondering if you leave it on control for all games or change it against bigger teams and away?

Looking forward to years of domination with this tactic.

Hi just started using this and won very convincingly 4-1 with 64 % possession.

Was just wondering if you leave it on control for all games or change it against bigger teams and away?

Looking forward to years of domination with this tactic.

Sometimes I change to counter or defensive but I tend to start with control no matter the opposition. Which team do you manage? I dont think its my best tactic - my new test with it was mediocre at best, but what I like about it is the dominant slow football style and if you have a few players with vision in key positions then it plays beautiful football, but if you're all about results then I would go for another tactic.

Last edited:
I just won the World Cup 2022 with your tactic, by beating Argentina 4-3, Ukraine 4-3, Brasil 4-0, Mexico 5-1 and Spain 1-0 with France. A lot of goals conceded in the beginning ing of the competition, I don't know why, maybe because of the physical conditions of my players... Beautiful football by the way. What I like with your tactic is the fact that it's using every positions in the field, and so we don't have to learn new positions to young players. I was wondering how to use Pogba with your tactic. Is he better as a Regista or as a ball wining midfielder? Or maybe as an enganche? And who are the key players of the tactic except the Regista? I saw that the left advanced playmaker is touching the ball a lot, so I guess he is important. Is the right winger very important? And what are the types of players that fits perfectly to the roles? Is Giroud perfect as a defensive forward or is he too slow?
Thanks!

Last edited: