Mass Effect 3

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
So I loved me1 and me2 so who's excited for this one, just done the demo and its looking good.

European release date is 9th March.

[video=youtube;dkBAQeOYNiw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkBAQeOYNiw[/video]

Final trailer comes out on 19th February

Can't wait, played the demo around an hour ago and it was really good. Gunplay felt great, sound was good as well.

Definitely going to buy it...mass effect is a gem of a game, one that I enjoyed thoroughly from beginning to end. No doubt ME3 will be epic as well.

I loved ME1, havent completed ME2 yet, but I havent got into it as much. Hopefully I will once I play it some more though

ME1 is one of my favorite all time games. ME2, not so much but it is still a good game. Recently I have been playing a character through both games in readyness for ME3 :D (Male, Paragon, Infiltrator ;)).

I just started getting the demo. Is it just me or are the links on Bioware's website broken? I had to get it directly from Origin.

Too many cutscenes for my taste.

Makes it dull. imo

Favourite game ever! :wub:

I fairly enjoyed the demo and the opening sequence is amazing. I can’t wait to get my characters (I have 6) their conclusions.

The game now comes with three modes – The traditional ME experience (which most will go for ) a pure shoot em and boot em version for the simpletons like Redders and a Story mode version, which I played through and it’s a lot more relaxed way of playing. Enemies are easy to kill and it’s a good way to go if your more interested in the story.

ME is the best gaming franchise (apart from FM) in the Universe! ME1 is still my favourite game of all time! ME2 is close behind that! ME3 is going to be mental...

On a much sadder note, I had kept all of my character saves from ME1 and ME2 in order to have them ready to go in ME3, my pc ****** out last week and I lost everything.... My heart is sore and I am crying inside!

Got too many games to get through though! Rage, Demons Souls, Borderlands on Ps3 (as well as Fallout New Vegas) then for pc I have recently got BF3, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Deus Ex Human Revolution and of course, Fm12 :p

too many good games too little time! oh and Skyrim (yet to be installed as well)

Ah that sucks Raikan! Tale a look at masseffectsaves.com. Hopefully you will find some characters similar to yours there to import.

As for the demo - I ejoyed it. From what I saw I am a little worried that the franchise has gone to far down the action route and it is not longer what I would class as an RPG. We will see though. Regardless, the omniblade is awesome :D

Last edited:
I wish they never changed to ammunition in me2, loved the guns in me1 as long they didn't overheat. So annoying when you run out of ammo.

Favourite game ever! :wub:

I fairly enjoyed the demo and the opening sequence is amazing. I can’t wait to get my characters (I have 6) their conclusions.

The game now comes with three modes – The traditional ME experience (which most will go for ) a pure shoot em and boot em version for the simpletons like Redders and a Story mode version, which I played through and it’s a lot more relaxed way of playing. Enemies are easy to kill and it’s a good way to go if your more interested in the story.

Don't like 'pure shoot em and boot em' games either. I struggle to get into that, so add to it 35 minutes of cut scenes before you're allowed to navigate your own character followed by further cut scenes every 8-10 steps you take. PASS

Anyone else watch TB's videos? Anyway he did a video on the ME3 mulitpayer demo (he got it early).
[video=youtube;Zkp472M1z8Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkp472M1z8Y[/video]

I'm suprised. It actually looks quite good.

Edit:
I wish they never changed to ammunition in me2, loved the guns in me1 as long they didn't overheat. So annoying when you run out of ammo.
I was actually hoping they would combine the two systems. So you could either eject the clip or wait till it cools.

-The cut scene in the demo was so long I actually contemplated shooting myself.
-They've tried so hard to make the faces realistic they all look like meth-heads with rape-eyes.
- Gameplay has changed a tad, still ME-ish but feels a lot more like Gears than ME2 ever did. < EDIT: THAT'S A BAD THING.

I'm pretty disappointed with the game but not surprised, EA ruin everything eventually and they really seem to be trying to get the casual/ common shoot-'em-up ****** gamers to buy it. Shame.

I could go on moaning but I won't. :(

Last edited:
-The cut scene in the demo was so long I actually contemplated shooting myself.
-They've tried so hard to make the faces realistic they all look like meth-heads with rape-eyes.
- Gameplay has changed a tad, still ME-ish but feels a lot more like Gears than ME2 ever did.

I'm pretty disappointed with the game but not surprised, EA ruin everything eventually and they really seem to be trying to get the casual/ common shoot-'em-up ****** gamers to buy it. Shame.

I could go on moaning but I won't. :(

I think they cut parts of the cutscenes out for the demo, have fun.

Last edited:
Anyway, going to replay ME2 seeing as I forgot to back my save after reinstalling windows.

So the multiplayer side of things is available and I've played a few rounds. The mode in the demo is pretty causal as you are against hordes of AI controled enemies. But I don't necesiarrily see that as a bad thing. After playing Starcraft 2 a lot recently it is quite refreshing and fun.

Add me if you want, but remeber I live in Aus ;) My Origin acount is Tharros89 (Some noob stole my name).