Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Match Engine not showing the actual score.

Reaction score
Right, I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else before, but I wouldn't know what to search for anyway.

I'm currently managing Huddersfield and I was watching us play Leicester. The game got to the second half and I was about to make a sub when I had a glance at the top of the screen and it said we were 1-0 up. I thought, "I don't remember seeing us score." So I just carried on watching the game when I saw Leicester score, but it didn't effect the scoreline at the top. Then we scored,and then when I looked at the scoreline at the top we were 2-1 down.

The game finished, and the game I watched finished 1-1, but the scoreline said 2-1 to Leicester. I'm 100% sure I didn't miss any goals because apparently my first goal was scored in the 49th minute, when I saw us score in the 80th.

Has this happened to anyone before? And if so, should I expect it to happen again? Is there something wrong with my save?

Reaction score
ive heard this happening to a few people dont knowif its maybe a bug or something,although its never happened to me peronally though

Staff member
Reaction score
Right, I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else before, but I wouldn't know what to search for anyway.

I'm currently managing Huddersfield and I was watching us play Leicester. The game got to the second half and I was about to make a sub when I had a glance at the top of the screen and it said we were 1-0 up. I thought, "I don't remember seeing us score." So I just carried on watching the game when I saw Leicester score, but it didn't effect the scoreline at the top. Then we scored,and then when I looked at the scoreline at the top we were 2-1 down.

The game finished, and the game I watched finished 1-1, but the scoreline said 2-1 to Leicester. I'm 100% sure I didn't miss any goals because apparently my first goal was scored in the 49th minute, when I saw us score in the 80th.

Has this happened to anyone before? And if so, should I expect it to happen again? Is there something wrong with my save?
Its a bug called match divergence. It's very rare, but also very difficult to fixed. IIRC caused because match engine simulates the game 3 times, and sometimes they overlap.

Reaction score
Same issue here.

Playing with Juventus against Zenit.
I scored a goal in the 49th minute... 1:0 for me.
10 minutes later Zenit score a goal... 2:0 for me (actual result 1:1).

Zenit score agin and the result still stays 2:0 for me (actual result 1:2).
In the end of the match a I managed to score 2 goals so the match finished 3:2 for me, but the result was still shown as 2:0.