Match Engine updates as of 24th of Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapyer

Reaction score
Keep in mind this is just for the matches, other bugs are being fixed for UI and AI and other issues

PaulC
user-online.png

Sports InteractiveJoin Date24th February 2003LocationThe People's Republic of SIPosts9,110

[h=2]
icon1.png
Next match engine update, fixes so far...( updated 24th October )[/h]
With all the ( mostly ) excellent constructive feedback I thought it might be worthwhile sharing what is fixed so far for the next ME update.....I'll update this as we go. Obviously there are some issues reported in this forum that won't be fixed for the next update but a later one, as there are only so many changes we can make without unbalancing things and having no time to rebalance. The most important thing for us is that come release day, we have improved upon the beta version.

Match v1302
-----------

- Fixed bug where keeper would not prevent team mate's poor control from becoming an own goal
- Fixed one more example of keeper not controlling a backpass
- Fixed players kicking off not always facing correct direction at start of 2nd half
- Fixed AI teams not always setting one central midfielder to a defensive duty
- Improved marking of player running with ball
- Some ball physics collision fixes including the "hole in the net"
- Reduced shots from tight angles

Match v1303
-----------

- Fixed players going for the same ball and both avoiding each other leaving ball loose
- Improved keepers at point blank range slightly
- Improved keeper judgement coming for ball or making save
- Improved angle of non held keeper save
- More last ditch challenges/interceptions in danger area
- Improved defender positioning in own area
- Improved player reactions to loose ball
- Made players in space more likely to try to turn to face opposition goal when on ball
- Increased use of high risk high reward passes in dangerous areas
- Fine tuned general pass choice
- Fixed unrealistic clearances towards own goal

Match v1304
-----------

- Midfields shifting across slightly more when defending
- Tweak to defensive reactions
- Reduced potential instances of wild clearances behind own goal
- Toned down some risky passes slightly from 1303

Match v1305
-----------
- Fix to stop "ghost" goals ( where ball goes in but goal kick given )​

Has the high scoring games been sorted yet? an every cross is basically a goal? I have played 4 matches, scored 18 conceded 16, not very realistic as of yet but i know issue will be solved.

bs !!! we buy game and now will take 3 months to play game ... without bugs ... gj SI & SEGA!!

Has the high scoring games been sorted yet? an every cross is basically a goal? I have played 4 matches, scored 18 conceded 16, not very realistic as of yet but i know issue will be solved.
I don't know but if you look they've improved defenders and keepers so less goals should come with that.

Don't be so incredibly naive

He isn't being naive, even in beta form this game is an awful, there is no way the fundamental part of the game should be so flawed. It should be minor bugs not probelms with defenders acting like tools because someone crossed the ball from an astronomical unit away. These bugs are easy to see in the first match you play suggesting to me that the developers didn't even bother playing 1 single match as part of their own testing.

If anyone is being naive it is you, do you honsetly believe that a game so flawed at its fundamental level is indictive of good customer service? If these fixes work why not roll them out now for beta test time that is left? Interesting that they won't be out or available until you complete the purchase of the game isn't it? the reason they won't roll them out is because they know there will still be massive flaws in the match engine and sales would be massively weakened by people waiting to hear if the patch that takes a month works Naive? I think the word you are searching for is cynical and based upon what we have seen with only a week to go I think that cynicism is well founded.

Many of those fixes effects the marking, positioning, goalkeeper and pressing, hence crosses won't be as effective

He isn't being naive, even in beta form this game is an awful, there is no way the fundamental part of the game should be so flawed. It should be minor bugs not probelms with defenders acting like tools because someone crossed the ball from an astronomical unit away. These bugs are easy to see in the first match you play suggesting to me that the developers didn't even bother playing 1 single match as part of their own testing.

If anyone is being naive it is you, do you honsetly believe that a game so flawed at its fundamental level is indictive of good customer service? If these fixes work why not roll them out now for beta test time that is left? Interesting that they won't be out or available until you complete the purchase of the game isn't it? the reason they won't roll them out is because they know there will still be massive flaws in the match engine and sales would be massively weakened by people waiting to hear if the patch that takes a month works Naive? I think the word you are searching for is cynical and based upon what we have seen with only a week to go I think that cynicism is well founded.
The beta is being updated over the weekend and the demo is out 2moro most likely.

i think some people are forgetting that the full game has not been released yet its just a beta which as far as i remember it means basicually we test it and report any problems back to the game developers.
good to hear there working on it

Amen to that, finally someone who speaks english. Bro, this is the way big corporate companies work, they don`t give a ****, they just want " the benjamins " & and if you have the courage to say the truth.... you are the bad guy for them.

I simply cannot be bothered with some of the **** coming out anymore. some people do it constructively, then you get the mugs. "SI don't care", "companies don't give a ****". FYI they wouldn't have released a beta to get feedback, and they wouldn't have worked so dam hard to give YOU or other people what they wanted.

I bow to your far superior knowledge of what happens within a company and how they operate.

Apparently you don`t get it, but it`s ok, once you get older you`ll get it ;)

No, you don't get it. I don't think the majority of you understand what a beta is. A beta is generally the nowhere near finished product of a game that game companies will offer players a chance to have a go at and give the company feedback on how they can make the game better, bugs or otherwise. As I have said before, a beta is not the demo of a game, nor is it the full version. If you were expecting a perfect game, then it is your own fault. And, if you think SI isn't taking the feedback to heart and doing everything they can to fix the problems for the full release, then don't buy the game. It's as simple as that.

Christ, if you dont like it then nobody is forcing you to play. Be happy with what you got rather than what you dont have.

i think some people are forgetting that the full game has not been released yet its just a beta which as far as i remember it means basicually we test it and report any problems back to the game developers.
good to hear there working on it

Yes we report problems but not massive right in your face flaws. We are talking about huge flaws in the most fundamental part of the game, without the fotball being decent the rest of the game fails, who cares if transfers work well if whoever you buy just stands like a lemon? Who cares about new features if the ball hits your keeper, sticks on the line and then waits until an opposition player taps it in?

reporting a problem like asst manager fails to organise friendlies is one thing, reporting that the football is just a comedy of errors is not a problem, its a slamming indictment of the lack of testing the developers themselves have done. We all notice it in the 1st match of the season we blatantly points to the FACT that the developers didn't even play one single game.

Christ, if you dont like it then nobody is forcing you to play. Be happy with what you got rather than what you dont have.

What does this even mean? Are you suggesting that as purchasers of a beta costing whatever has been paid as a deposit we should just be happy with it whatever? Oh joy of joys, I paid a deposit for a game, got a beta test, its a football game but the football part stinks to high heaven, yippee? Can I ask where you would draw the line? if you finished downloading and got presented with a jpeg of a pile of **** would you think I'm happy with this because before I didn't have it?

Yes we report problems but not massive right in your face flaws. We are talking about huge flaws in the most fundamental part of the game, without the fotball being decent the rest of the game fails, who cares if transfers work well if whoever you buy just stands like a lemon? Who cares about new features if the ball hits your keeper, sticks on the line and then waits until an opposition player taps it in?

reporting a problem like asst manager fails to organise friendlies is one thing, reporting that the football is just a comedy of errors is not a problem, its a slamming indictment of the lack of testing the developers themselves have done. We all notice it in the 1st match of the season we blatantly points to the FACT that the developers didn't even play one single game.

That comment is so full of blind ignorance I'm surprised you could see the keys on your keyboard to type it. Please desist from this forum if you feel that the developers aren't working for you, it would benefit all parties involved.

you should wait until retail day patch to make up your mind about the product, or go get a refund while you can, nobody is forcing you to play

For God's sake people, stop saying its a beta therefore an unfinished product. No one is arguing against that, what some of us are saying is that a beta is for reporting problems. However, what we are seeing is more than a problem. I say again, perhaps read this then think. The fundamental part of the game is flawed. Not minor problems here or there but the actual football part. Its obvious in the first match and the fact we have to reprt it tells us for a fact that they didn't evne watch one match as a test themselves. Do you understand the difference between a problem and a fundamental flaw?

Let me give you a simple ananlogy, think of a house, let us say that a new house is sold, the people move in and realise it has no internal doors, that's a problem but it still works as a house. No let us say they move in and find the house has huge cracks in the walls, its sinking into the ground. It therefore does not serve its purpose as a house, ergo it is flawed.

What does this even mean? Are you suggesting that as purchasers of a beta costing whatever has been paid as a deposit we should just be happy with it whatever? Oh joy of joys, I paid a deposit for a game, got a beta test, its a football game but the football part stinks to high heaven, yippee? Can I ask where you would draw the line? if you finished downloading and got presented with a jpeg of a pile of **** would you think I'm happy with this because before I didn't have it?

View attachment 280125
qm.gif
Downloads BETA version of Game

Complains it's not the finished article.

Should have made a meme out of this...oh wait......- http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif
View attachment 280125

Status
Not open for further replies.