Match Engine updates as of 24th of Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.
That comment is so full of blind ignorance I'm surprised you could see the keys on your keyboard to type it. Please desist from this forum if you feel that the developers aren't working for you, it would benefit all parties involved.

You are funny, blind ignorance you say? Let me review your post? Oh yes, look at all the evidence you provide to prove me wrong. There's silly old me pointing to flaws int he game but yopu come along and knock me out of the park with your wonderful array of facts demonstrating how wrong I am. Sterling effort I must say.

View attachment 280125
qm.gif
Downloads BETA version of Game

Complains it's not the finished article.

Should have made a meme out of this...oh wait......- http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif
View attachment 280125

Again, completely taking what I said out of context. Reading what you want rather than what I wrote. Keep it up if it works for you. They call it analysis or rather lack of it.

You are funny, blind ignorance you say? Let me review your post? Oh yes, look at all the evidence you provide to prove me wrong. There's silly old me pointing to flaws int he game but yopu come along and knock me out of the park with your wonderful array of facts demonstrating how wrong I am. Sterling effort I must say.

I don't need to, or want to. The fact there are complaints about a Beta program is incredulous to think about. It's obviously not going to be the finished article, it's not even going to be demo-level ready. SI have basically done it so that the hundreds (if not thousands) of avid FM fans can test the **** out of it and find all the flaws we have.

A thousand players creating thousands of scenario's is more potent testing that 10 SI guys sitting in a room stress-testing the game. Please, think about what you're saying, enjoy the fact that SI is comfortable enough to allow us such early access to help them make a ******* awesome game.

Dont wanna bore anyone.. but do i have to uninstall and re-install to have all these changes or steam automatically wld do that.. Thanks.

Dont wanna bore anyone.. but do i have to uninstall and re-install to have all these changes or steam automatically wld do that.. Thanks.

"For those who pre-ordered FM 2013 and got access to the beta version, you might be happy to hear that there will be an update coming up soon, available automatically through Steam. Here’s what Miles Jacobson said about it:
There will also be an update for the #FM13 beta at some point over the weekend too (fully saved game compatible I’m told).

Read more at http://www.footballmanagerstory.com...lease-date-and-beta-news/#W3mIXbkBJ5rOLBL1.99"

(Sorry, I'm the Serie A guy for FMStories, thought I'd plug a bit :p)

Steam will do it for you automatically

I don't need to, or want to. The fact there are complaints about a Beta program is incredulous to think about. It's obviously not going to be the finished article, it's not even going to be demo-level ready. SI have basically done it so that the hundreds (if not thousands) of avid FM fans can test the **** out of it and find all the flaws we have.

A thousand players creating thousands of scenario's is more potent testing that 10 SI guys sitting in a room stress-testing the game. Please, think about what you're saying, enjoy the fact that SI is comfortable enough to allow us such early access to help them make a ******* awesome game.

I understand what you are saying but when the most significant problem is the fundamental part of the game, the crux of the game and the flaws are right there in front of you on the 1st match you play then it is clear that not only have 10 SIguys not sat in a room stress testing it, they haven't even played one game. If they had then why would they not say before we reporetd problems we are aware of the problems regarding the football part being flawed? Instead we get asked to upload games and saves so they can see the problems? Surely if they'd even played one single match they'd have seen these problems for themselves?

I understand what you are saying but when the most significant problem is the fundamental part of the game, the crux of the game and the flaws are right there in front of you on the 1st match you play then it is clear that not only have 10 SIguys not sat in a room stress testing it, they haven't even played one game. If they had then why would they not say before we reporetd problems we are aware of the problems regarding the football part being flawed? Instead we get asked to upload games and saves so they can see the problems? Surely if they'd even played one single match they'd have seen these problems for themselves?

But this is the thing, they may not have - they may have, until it's confirmed we'll never know. It's not them being lazy, or money-grabbing, or anything. It's simply them using as, the fans, as the testing-tool we're so happy to be - we are the flaw-finders on this occasion.

It might save SI money, it might save them time - who knows? Do I find it annoying that I've got a Beta version that nigh-on unplayable at the moment, yes I do. But I know that a week later the demo will come out, and a week after that the full game is released - so I'm not worried. Not one bit.

I don't think anyone understands just how old this BETA is. Its been floating around since August, its rough code, its bug ridden.

If anyone thinks they have been working on this BETA up until they released it and then got to work on finishing the game off in the 2 remaining weeks, they are deluded.

This is a marketing ploy to get a load of people to purchase the game up front, before zero day piracy hurts the sales.

Last edited:
Listening to the Fans games. We do our games like you want.

Soccer Manager 2013, out in your nearest videogame shop next September 2089

It is clear from the posts that a large majority of you moaners do not know what a BETA release is....

Beta (named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet) is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete. Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it.
The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software, willing to test the software without charge, often receiving the final software free of charge or for a reduced price. Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, prototype, technical preview (TP), or early access. Some software is kept in perpetual beta—where new features and functionality are continually added to the software without establishing a firm "final" release.

WAIT UNTIL THE FULL RELEASE CANDIDATE BEFORE MOANING, this by far not the most buggy beta I have ever played. Stop commenting on things that you clearly have limited knowledge of.

It is clear from the posts that a large majority of you moaners do not know what a BETA release is....

WAIT UNTIL THE FULL RELEASE CANDIDATE BEFORE MOANING, this by far not the most buggy beta I have ever played. Stop commenting on things that you clearly have limited knowledge of.

Petulanat little boy aren't you.
It generally begins when the software is feature complete.
Indeed but this beta has not, it has begun with the fundamental part of the game incredibly flawed. So when you say about having no knowledge I suggest you aim that comment at yourself, you clearly have no knowledge of analysing what people state and think that by quoting some irrelevance about the Greek alphabet it makes you seem above the rest of your C grade GCSE peers. What next? Some waffle about Euclid's geometry?

Petulanat little boy aren't you. Indeed but this beta has not, it has begun with the fundamental part of the game incredibly flawed. So when you say about having no knowledge I suggest you aim that comment at yourself, you clearly have no knowledge of analysing what people state and think that by quoting some irrelevance about the Greek alphabet it makes you seem above the rest of your C grade GCSE peers. What next? Some waffle about Euclid's geometry?

Don't event know where to start with your retort to be honest. I would wager to bet that my knowledge of this subject in particular is vast compared to yours not that in any way I am interested in arguing with a sad angry little man.

You then go on to quote "Indeed but this beta has not, it has begun with the fundamental part of the game incredibly flawed." So you clearly don't understand what is meant by feature complete. You are moaning about the match engine a FEATURE that has bugs. Go away and troll somewhere else, better still take your frustration and make use out of it. Post bug reports to help SI (part of the point of the community and indeed the BETA) instead of trying to win cheap points on a forum to make yourself feel good.

Sigh, there is a thread for useful beta feedback.

Genuine issues should be passed on the si forums. Mindless complaining about a beta serves nothing.

[h=2]Next match engine update, fixes so far...( updated 26th October )[/h]
With all the ( mostly ) excellent constructive feedback I thought it might be worthwhile sharing what is fixed so far for the next ME update.....I'll update this as we go. Obviously there are some issues reported in this forum that won't be fixed for the next update but a later one, as there are only so many changes we can make without unbalancing things and having no time to rebalance. The most important thing for us is that come release day, we have improved upon the beta version.

Match v1302
-----------

- Fixed bug where keeper would not prevent team mate's poor control from becoming an own goal
- Fixed one more example of keeper not controlling a backpass
- Fixed players kicking off not always facing correct direction at start of 2nd half
- Fixed AI teams not always setting one central midfielder to a defensive duty
- Improved marking of player running with ball
- Some ball physics collision fixes including the "hole in the net"
- Reduced shots from tight angles

Match v1303
-----------

- Fixed players going for the same ball and both avoiding each other leaving ball loose
- Improved keepers at point blank range slightly
- Improved keeper judgement coming for ball or making save
- Improved angle of non held keeper save
- More last ditch challenges/interceptions in danger area
- Improved defender positioning in own area
- Improved player reactions to loose ball
- Made players in space more likely to try to turn to face opposition goal when on ball
- Increased use of high risk high reward passes in dangerous areas
- Fine tuned general pass choice
- Fixed unrealistic clearances towards own goal

Match v1304
-----------

- Midfields shifting across slightly more when defending
- Tweak to defensive reactions
- Reduced potential instances of wild clearances behind own goal
- Toned down some risky passes slightly from 1303

Match v1305
-----------
- Fix to stop "ghost" goals ( where ball goes in but goal kick given )

Match v1308
-----------

- Temporarily disabled fix for "ghost" goals as its a bit troublesome and causing unwanted side effects
- Fixed keeper coming to punch ball and then diverting to avoid a collision and hence missing ball completely
- Fixed some instances of keepers saving ball prematurely and getting little purchase on save
- Fixed a few bugs causing keepers not to attempt saves when they should do
- Fixed keepers making risky quick throws or passes to team mates
- Further fix for defending crosses
- Slight tweak to speed of longer passes
- Fixed wrong team getting throw/corner/goal kick after tackle sends ball out of play
- Toned down long shots taken on weak foot slightly

Match v1309
-----------

- Sorted out problem with "ghost goal" fix and re-activated it
- Fixed keepers trying to come out and intercept dribbled ball they have no chance of getting
- Tweaked direct free kicks
- Tweaked headers slightly​

Status
Not open for further replies.