Matthew Upson to start against Slovenia

What else does Dawson need to do to play for England ?

maybe he just doesnt impress in training. i would have liked dawson myself. but we dont see what goes on behind closed doors. impressing domestically doesnt mean you're suddenly going to be immense to the national side.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

isnt slovenia around that level of "naff teams"? oh and croatia was in that 6 as well.

keep using my past comments madsheep im loving this lol. i was at the croatia game and it was one of the best performances i have ever seen from england. madsheep you ledg!!

Meh, I am sure there are players at United that you don't like, there are players at the toon that I don't like, and don't want playing. Doesn't make me a bad fan for having an opinion on the squad.
i dont like upson, but im just we cant change it so lets support them, and be open minded and hope we succeed. who know he actually prove us all wrong. its not just about upson that i make that comment. its whole way we react its just so fickle and depressing, as soon as anything goes wrong we turn against them

Thats my point. And you mean Croatia who havent even qualified? Good work.

england were massivly under pressure going into that croatia game if you remember. they absolutely out played croatia and they arnt exacly a bad side are they.

Thats my point. And you mean Croatia who havent even qualified? Good work.
they didnt qualifying because of us. seriously use your head. at the time we beat them they were ranked 8th in the world, and we did the damage to their campaign

Last edited:
Lol.. People getting angry already and they've not even given the guy a chance.

How funny would it be if he got Man Of The Match and scored the winner.. Opinions would change. XD

i dont like upson, but im just we cant change it so lets support them, and be open minded and hope we succeed. who know he actually prove us all wrong. its not just about upson that i make that comment. its whole way we react its just so fickle and depressing, as soon as anything goes wrong we turn against them

After the 1st two games, I think they need to earn some support rather than expect it, they have been shocking and need to give the fans a reason to back them.

You wouldn't back a horse with one leg to win a race against 7 other 4 legged horses, so I don't see why everyone should *** the English team so much, when they would currently struggle to beat Albania, considering how Rooney reacted to the 'boo'ing, he needs a reality check, and alot of those players in that squad, that respect is earnt, and not just given to you because you wear the three lions.

After the 1st two games, I think they need to earn some support rather than expect it, they have been shocking and need to give the fans a reason to back them.

You wouldn't back a horse with one leg to win a race against 7 other 4 legged horses, so I don't see why everyone should *** the English team so much, when they would currently struggle to beat Albania, considering how Rooney reacted to the 'boo'ing, he needs a reality check, and alot of those players in that squad, that respect is earnt, and not just given to you because you wear the three lions.
did they need a reality check? yes they did and they got it. all im saying is that we made our point and got it off the chest, now lets move on to the crunch game and get behind them.

Lol.. People getting angry already and they've not even given the guy a chance.

How funny would it be if he got Man Of The Match and scored the winner.. Opinions would change. XD

Lol. I wouldnt get your hopes up.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

they didnt qualifying because of us. seriously use your head. at the time we beat them they were ranked 8th in the world, and we did the damage to their campaign

Wow, 8th in the world. :S

I would like Upson to have a good game, just to prove me wrong, overall I would put the success of the team over the failing of a single player, and if he does have a good game, that might raise my opinion of him. I would still prefer to see him at CB rather than Carragher, when he is back, but that's not really a compliment.

Good luck to him, and good luck to England.

I would like Upson to have a good game, just to prove me wrong, overall I would put the success of the team over the failing of a single player, and if he does have a good game, that might raise my opinion of him. I would still prefer to see him at CB rather than Carragher, when he is back, but that's not really a compliment.

Good luck to him, and good luck to England.

Woo come on Slovenia!!! :p

Lol. I wouldnt get your hopes up.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Wow, 8th in the world. :S
yeah its' actually a pretty good ranking, certainly higher than ours at the time. i dont actually know what more you want. you seem to be one of those people who is never happy. or are you just bein argumentative because im a united fan

Kick, Upson, Carragher and Dawson, and Terry rightt in the nuts.
pretty much, though carragher wont play for england after this world cup anyway, so thats one down. im not even sure if terry and ferdinand have the legs for 2 more years of both international and club football, ferdinand in particular

yeah its' actually a pretty good ranking, certainly higher than ours at the time. i dont actually know what more you want. you seem to be one of those people who is never happy. or are you just bein argumentative because im a united fan

I couldnt care less that your a United fan. I just dont rate Upson. Atall. And I am prepared to wait untill wednesday to see if he fails like he does most weeks for West Spam.

The other 5 games that Upson has played with Terry were all against teams even worse than Croatia so I dont really know why you and your little *** boy keep quoting this stat.

To be fair, as much as people don't rate Upson, my nan should be able to keep out the Slovenian strikers.

I couldnt care less that your a United fan. I just dont rate Upson. Atall. And I am prepared to wait untill wednesday to see if he fails like he does most weeks for West Spam.

The other 5 games that Upson has played with Terry were all against teams even worse than Croatia so I dont really know why you and your little *** boy keep quoting this stat.
yes worse, that croatia, but around slovenia's level, which is the point, if he can do well against them he can do well against slovenia.

well done for such a mature response (!). enjoy wednesday

they also played against egypt you know african cup of nations winner for the last 3 tornements. i said this earlier if you have a good partnership with someone then that can be stronger than your actual talent. him and terry obviously have a good understanding and that means alot in a defence.